Forum rules
Small-scale Operations.

Ryan Korr
Learner
Learner
Custom Title: Deceased

Re: SM Planning & Discussion, Version N.3

Post by Ryan Korr » 2012-08-08 22:23

I like the one about Ryan taking over a world. Minus the stopping him part. Spyker, I like the Rakata/Celestial wreckage discovery. Sounds very Ridley Scott. Also, might I suggest use of the spoiler? The picture, while wonderful, is stretching my page into infinity and beyond.

Might I suggest a response mission? Say, the NR does something totally new and unexpected, like having Han Solo try to get the Falcon/his children back (since I believe one or both are currently in our possession). A mission we all know we are going to fail (it is han solo after all) but act as damage control on the situation.

Dravius Stari
Marshal
Marshal
Custom Title: Director of Imperial Space Force Operations

Post by Dravius Stari » 2012-08-08 22:56

Vrei, this is an open thread so your views are very welcome :)

Thanks for your list guys, keep the suggestions coming!

Vrei Droma
Army Lieutenant
Army Lieutenant
Custom Title: Wulfen

Post by Vrei Droma » 2012-08-08 23:15

Also, I'm virtually done with Wrath of Poseidon, was waiting for Tom Saint to make a post but that isn't forthcoming.....about all I had left in mind for Vrei was a daring escape worthy of an action holovid.
Image-Imperial ArmyImage Medal of Redemption
Image Excellent Battle Performance Ribbon

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
Custom Title: Fleet Commander, Self-Proclaimed Bartender, Baron
Organizational Unit: Third Fleet, Task Force Conquest, ESD Intimidator

Post by Tavish McFini » 2012-08-09 01:20

Well someone has to stop you Ryan!!! Might as well be us ^_^

As for your pic Spyk, noice!!! Forgotten/forbidden tech! We always could use moar sci-fi in this sci-fi universe, IMO.
- Admiral McFini and Ensign Hales discovered why Executor-class Star Destroyers seldom ram anything.

Marcus Darkstar
Ensign
Ensign
Custom Title: Captain of the Yellow Billed Loon
Organizational Unit: 3rd Fleet, C-883 Skirmish Line

Post by Marcus Darkstar » 2012-08-09 20:49

oh dont worry about my post in the planetary takeover, plannng a lot more expansion on that idea later on, was just pressed for time when i was making that first post. Going to do something Im comfortable with, and need to do something now that Bad Sneakers is over to signify I'm still around. :lol:

Seamus
Staff Corporal
Staff Corporal
Custom Title: Hammer 4-4
Organizational Unit: 213th Armor Division

Post by Seamus » 2012-08-10 11:45

I'm thinking something on that end Tycho. Maybe.

Depends if I can find the motivation to post.
"Nuts!" - General McAuliffe
"No, the reply is decidedly not affirmative."

Blitzkrieg
Brigadier
Brigadier
Custom Title: Operative Zeta, SWC
Organizational Unit: Director, NIF SPECWARCOM

Post by Blitzkrieg » 2012-08-13 03:38

To folks in Light's Vanguard: ...yes. Imperial man-portable stealth tech. Have fun in there. :)

Your medals. You will earn them. ;)

Rei
Freelancer
Custom Title: Sabacc. What? It's a title, my title!
Organizational Unit: I work for the Sable Dawn, not happily mind you!

Post by Rei » 2012-08-20 13:43

Is it also safe to assume they're also sporting guns that fire invisible shots like the DC-19?

*makes note to steal one of these suits and guns* >.>
"Next person to tell me I look like hell is going to see what hell really looks like, because I'm sure it's a hell of a lot better than how I feel right now..." - Rei

Blitzkrieg
Brigadier
Brigadier
Custom Title: Operative Zeta, SWC
Organizational Unit: Director, NIF SPECWARCOM

Post by Blitzkrieg » 2012-08-20 16:55

Rei wrote:Is it also safe to assume they're also sporting guns that fire invisible shots like the DC-19?

*makes note to steal one of these suits and guns* >.>
Hold it right there...stealth ammo? WINNING. Approved, unconditionally. :D

Rei
Freelancer
Custom Title: Sabacc. What? It's a title, my title!
Organizational Unit: I work for the Sable Dawn, not happily mind you!

Post by Rei » 2012-08-21 01:17

< I think my avatar pretty much sums up in a nice succinct manner how I feel about asking the question now :oops:
"Next person to tell me I look like hell is going to see what hell really looks like, because I'm sure it's a hell of a lot better than how I feel right now..." - Rei

Dravius Stari
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Dravius Stari » 2012-10-07 14:19

Well, I thought i'd try something a bit different. You all know me as someone that approaches things quite differently. Those of you that don't know me, well there's your introduction.

I'm going to ask you guys what kind of mission you want. I have an idea that incredibly zany and left field, but rather than posting that and see it go nowhere, I figured it might be worth exploring what kind of mission you want.

I know Fini had that massive list of missions which in theory we could just post, and its a cool list. But still, a bit of democracy never hurt anyone.

So go on, tell me what kind of mission you want :)

Note: I did ask for ideas, but that was more on the creative side. Go nuts with this suggestion. If nothing happens, ill post my backup idea in 2 weeks.

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Post by Tavish McFini » 2012-10-12 03:09

I vote for awesome!

Seriously though, I think at this point beggars can't be choosers... Okay, so I'm the only beggar on the site, minor details!!!
- Admiral McFini and Ensign Hales discovered why Executor-class Star Destroyers seldom ram anything.

Dravius Stari
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Dravius Stari » 2012-10-14 14:09

Well, alright you make a good point.

I will see to posting it this week.

Galerius Kaloth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander
Custom Title: Captain of the Maelstrom
Organizational Unit: Second Fleet

Post by Galerius Kaloth » 2012-10-24 13:40

Alright guys, Poseidon is officially done!

I'd like to request it be moved to the archives. I'll sort out the awards within the next week.

Also, can I request we move any completed SM's to the archives please? Just a bit of housekeeping.

Drav.

Laurel WinteShrine
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Custom Title: Mermaid Mercurius
Organizational Unit: Presentable, Third Fleet

Post by Laurel WinteShrine » 2013-04-01 06:47

Just a small thing I noticed from the Pandemic SM..
It would seem that both "AMNER" and "TAM" is an anagram for "Armament".

Armament
1) Military weapons and equipment: "chemical weapons and other unconventional armaments".
2) The process of equipping military forces for war.

Was this intentional, Jubar? :3
{One should never confuse duty for loyalty. One either purposefully serves, or serves a purpose.}

p r o f i l e

Jubar Bavvet
Senator
Senator
Custom Title: Politician
Organizational Unit: Rebel Alliance Political Party

Post by Jubar Bavvet » 2013-04-02 16:44

LOL, WOW Laurel! While I can honestly say that's a total coincidence, that's a very interesting observation. Nice catch. Methinks you could help Batman solve a few of the Riddler's riddles. :)

jacenwesiri
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander
Custom Title: Sith Sorcerer, Supreme Commander, something else

Post by jacenwesiri » 2013-05-02 05:38

A bit of clarification with the Alen post in Pandemic Containment. I like having the order being given from a different parties perspective. Still, for OOC purposes, it might be useful to get an idea of what Jacen is thinking with ordering the blockade of Phaeda. Jacen believes that probably whoever is responsible for what is going on at Phaeda to have probably already left. I'd put his suspicion at at least a 2/3 chance that whoever is responsible would have already left, so perhaps a 3/4 chance for argument sake. So, Jacen ordered the blockade at the 1/4 chance that they haven't left the planet yet, and he's committing significant forces, that is all of 5th fleet to it, to ensure there's plenty of resources available to find the facility (mentioned in Jubar's opposition post), which at this point Jacen strongly suspects exists.

Anyways, without significant manpower, it would probably take forever to search the planet and find it. The 5th fleet that would be in the ballpark of half a million troops available, and not all could be sent, but it gives you an idea of the number of troops he's committing to that, beyond what would be in orbit. Jacen choose Crystala for leading the search because she's the head of ISIS. Jacen considers that at this point, it's something important enough to have the DG personally leading. Obviously, going back to the search, it would probably take a while, and how it would probably work is that the Army gets the low priority areas to search, while ISIS tries to quickly search through the higher priority areas, with space forces and speeders searching the more remote areas. Hopefully that bit of rambling helps things out. If any of you feel it's necessary, I'll throw in a few details along those lines in the thread for anyone interested.

EDIT: And while on the thought of discussing SMs. I'm probably going to move to close off the hostage situation if it doesn't move much, with a target date of sometime on the 10th of May.
"Don't worry guys, it's cool. We've got this, I'm Master Yi!" -- a questionable Yi player, who ended the game 2-16. We lost.

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Post by Tavish McFini » 2013-05-02 13:35

I won't pretend to understand the logic, I'll just do as ordered IC ;)

But, as Third Fleet barely has the resources to defend the entire North, I figure this would have showed a significant commitment from the fleet to the seriousness that the order for the blockade is being given while not leaving the rest of the area wide open for an opportune strike by the NR.

In the Alen post, I had worked under the assumption he was speaking with other agents and operatives versus the top brass, something that would have more likely been communicated through a higher authority. Plus, if I'm being honest, it's always easier to RP out the response and reactions of my own characters during dialogue than it is to risk screwing up someone else's character.

jacenwesiri
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander
Custom Title: Sith Sorcerer, Supreme Commander, something else

Post by jacenwesiri » 2013-05-02 16:27

It was an ISIS briefing, but top brass might have seen it. Or something like that.
"Don't worry guys, it's cool. We've got this, I'm Master Yi!" -- a questionable Yi player, who ended the game 2-16. We lost.

juni
Examinator
Examinator

Post by juni » 2014-01-11 07:57

Okay Fini authorized me to do that. kinda. Well, maybe I read between the lines a bit. Alright, a lot. :D

that being said, it actually worked very well with Ace's post, and it does get things moving. Oh yeah, and remember that Fini did roll a 20, but he didn't say it was natural.
"What did you expect from an inverse square law?...in bed!" -- a questionable fortune cookie with addendum.