Test: Kindle Version

Test custom signatures et cetera here, learn how to use the forums.
Eri Ambicon
Surface Marshal
Surface Marshal
Custom Title: Sniper, Shapshooter, Markswoman
Organizational Unit: Surface Marhsal of the Imperial Army

Test: Kindle Version

Post by Eri Ambicon » 2012-01-30 01:09

Wow... This is tedious... No keyboard SUCKS! On the bright side, I'm happy to say the board shows up nicely on epaper!
"There's no outrunning a sniper." - Eri

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
Custom Title: Fleet Commander, Self-Proclaimed Bartender, Baron
Organizational Unit: Third Fleet, Task Force Conquest, ESD Intimidator

Re: Test: Kindle Version

Post by Tavish McFini » 2012-01-30 02:41

Back on the netbook now, so I can actually type at a decent clip and not be bogged down by a little d-pad to select each letter...

Oddly, the site comes off amazingly well on a black and white screen that's limited to black, white and shades of black (not grey mind you, just lighter... black, like if you didn't press as hard on a piece of paper with a ball point pen). Of course, the Orbital skin looks pretty funky on the kindle. Beyond that and the inability to type, it's a fairly decent way to stay on top of posts. Another interesting thing, the frames of each post will resize to fit on the screen though holding it like a typical book, it does mean that, in the end, there'll be a lot of scrolling down but that's a minor quibble.

In short, I'm pleased to announce that this board is decently viewed on an e-book :lol:
- Admiral McFini and Ensign Hales discovered why Executor-class Star Destroyers seldom ram anything.