ICE: Expedition Leader

Moderator: S.T.A.R.S.

Who would you rather see as expedition leader?

Poll ended at 2010-08-11 21:44

Helmut
27%
Mai
55%
Jubar
9%
Dravius
9%

Total votes: 11

Kane
Emperor
Emperor
Custom Title: Sith Apprentice
Organizational Unit: First Fleet NIFSS Nemesis

ICE: Expedition Leader

Post by Kane » 2010-08-04 21:44

Probably not with those characters, so you're rather voting for a player. I might also point out that if you don't want to vote for yourself, someone else might not be so picky. We'll only have one expedition leader, but you could make it to the advisory council instead, small as it may be. Even if you don't, all players will be important in their own right since I doubt there will be as many characters as in NIF proper.

I reserve the right to pick the expedition leader regardless of the poll results.

Kallila Tsarati
Traitor
Traitor
Custom Title: Returned
Organizational Unit: Free

Re: ICE: Expedition Leader

Post by Kallila Tsarati » 2010-08-04 22:58

I haven't voted yet, and I'll probably hold off on voting for a bit. I want to make it clear what my intentions are in opting for this position:

I want it partly because I've never held a position of IC authority on the site before. Not really. The Hand is a... different sort of beast. It might be fun to have to make careful decisions that effect others. If I get this position, I do intend to hold people to my decisions, and insubordination will be punished (All IC of course, I'm all about mischief and strife as a storyline, so no pressure OOC).

But I also want to make it clear that I don't feel very comfortable being put in a popularity vote. I do want to give people the opportunity to have some power and authority around here. I think, as an admin, it is beneficial for me to have this role as I'll undoubtedly be running some of the stories. But don't expect me to hog the show. If I get this position, I'll be needing a second in command and other porminent leaders in other roles. I *will* be using these other leaders, and I *will* expect them to actually lead, and to make snap decisions independent of me and my character.

In other words, don't consider my candidacy as a Captian Kirk. I don't want to be the protagonist very often. Consider me the Adama to Apollo and Starbuck. Or a Captain Anderson to Commander Shepard. I'll get my occasional episode, but I want to be there to provide a context for other characters.

I also hope that you guys would make some characters not in leadership roles. If you make a mechanic, trust me... I'll be using you for story-telling more than you can imagine. If you're a pilot, and I mean *just* some pilot, then perhaps you'll become the go to pilot, the pilot the expedition leader trusts with the tricky jobs. Just something to consider. I think it's a mistake to rush to the leadership roles. To the point that if you all make leaders to, then I might change my mind and make someone unimportant instead.

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
Custom Title: Fleet Commander, Self-Proclaimed Bartender, Baron
Organizational Unit: Third Fleet, Task Force Conquest, ESD Intimidator

Post by Tavish McFini » 2010-08-05 02:09

Mai wrote:If you make a mechanic, trust me... I'll be using you for story-telling more than you can imagine.
... Mai, get the hell out of my head!!! ;)

Anyhow, I'll also hold off on the vote because, honestly, I never did like assigning leadership positions through popularity. I know everyone nominated would do a good, if different, job and I think everyone deserves a chance at some point (albeit, probably not in ICE since, there will be only one leader, one ring to rule them all... sorry, couldn't help myself!)

Okay, I'll admit I'm also not voting because there's no "all of the above" option or "why is yellow" option in the choices given. What happened Ace? ;)
- Admiral McFini and Ensign Hales discovered why Executor-class Star Destroyers seldom ram anything.

Kane
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kane » 2010-08-05 03:57

I'm not basing my decision solely on popularity. But let's face it, if people like a particular member's stories (or just that particular member), things are more likely to proceed smoothly for everyone involved if that person is leading.

Thirty Seven
Freelancer

Post by Thirty Seven » 2010-08-05 16:12

Mai wrote:If you're a pilot, and I mean *just* some pilot, then perhaps you'll become the go to pilot, the pilot the expedition leader trusts with the tricky jobs.
I was actually thinking this would be a good opportunity to make a pilot character, as I had so much fun with the last one I made.

Kane
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kane » 2010-08-06 09:01

Well, there was a little extra vote mistake, but it doesn't affect the outcome all that much. I could run the poll for longer, but it doesn't seem like it's needed. Don't worry though, everyone will have interesting opportunities.

It largely depends on what you want to do, though. In any case, Mai will be our expedition leader. Not that character of course, she's on a prolonged vacation. Someone new. I'm going to brief her on some basics, and everyone interested in ICE would do well to tell her what kind of character you would like to run so she can fit you a place.

Aaron Corsin
Freelancer
Custom Title: Proverbial Asshole
Organizational Unit: Doomshade

Post by Aaron Corsin » 2010-08-09 19:47

Sup Drav. I mean since he is The Pilot. More or less.

Dravius Stari
Marshal
Marshal
Custom Title: Director of Imperial Space Force Operations

Post by Dravius Stari » 2010-08-10 11:56

Well I didnt expect to be considered for *the* leader, i was just sticking my hand up to help.

Also, i forgot to vote for myself.

One for Martin, two for Martin...

Jubar Bavvet
Senator
Senator
Custom Title: Politician
Organizational Unit: Rebel Alliance Political Party

Post by Jubar Bavvet » 2010-08-11 22:38

I suppose it's official now. Congrats, Mai! I really can't wait for this to start, I think it's going to be an opportunity for some good storytelling/RPing. (P.S. Not that it matters now, but I just couldn't bring myself to vote for myself ;) ) The energy behind all of this ICE stuff has been great, and I look forward to seeing this get underway. So let's DO IIIITTTTTTT!!!!!

Also had a question. In ICE, are there only going to be the main campaign missions for us to "move around" in, or will there be room in the forum to create "side" quests like in the Lounge, or do side quests in ICE simply go in the Lounge? If so, should we (once this gets going) post the word "ICE" next to the name of the thread or something like that? If it goes in the ICE forum itself, can anybody post there? Curious about how this is gonna work.

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
Custom Title: Fleet Commander, Self-Proclaimed Bartender, Baron
Organizational Unit: Third Fleet, Task Force Conquest, ESD Intimidator

Post by Tavish McFini » 2010-08-12 03:03

I had asked about the idea regarding a lounge and training center in ICE... but... after a page and a half of other posts in the other forum... no one fielded my question :<

So, I'm going to start poking random people until Jubar's posed question gets answered!!!

*pokes Ace* (okay, not entirely random... but hey, you can't prove it wasn't!!! ;))
- Admiral McFini and Ensign Hales discovered why Executor-class Star Destroyers seldom ram anything.

Kane
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kane » 2010-08-12 06:27

Since I've bothered to create a forum for ICE, that should be the place for anything related. Mai wants to keep it physically separated anyway, to reflect the fact that it is. No sub-forums until we've actually got sufficient use for them.

Kallila Tsarati
Traitor
Traitor

Post by Kallila Tsarati » 2010-08-13 21:18

I'm sorry to do this to you guys, but I'm having a change of heart. I'm standing down from this position. I'm too swamped. I have too much going on, and I don't want to short change anyone. Someone who thinks they can be more active with the role than I should take this.

Kane
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kane » 2010-08-13 21:45

Well, since I have to retract from Helmut's 'misvotes', that leaves the vote, and me, in a bit of a bind.

Xanis Sorannan
Vice-Admiral
Vice-Admiral
Custom Title: Third Fleet Executive Officer
Organizational Unit: NIF Third Fleet - NSD Lusankya

Post by Xanis Sorannan » 2010-08-13 21:49

Well that is all quite unfortunate.

Shall we have another vote, or simply an administrative decision? I think (Correct me if I'm wrong) that the general consensus is that any of the people in that list would do wonderfully in the job, and I at least would be comfortable with Mai naming a "successor" or you deciding, Ace.

Tor Einar
Recruit

Post by Tor Einar » 2010-08-13 21:50

Kane wrote:Well, since I have to retract from Helmut's 'misvotes', that leaves the vote, and me, in a bit of a bind.
I only "misvoted" once. Just saying, not complaining ^.^
Maybe one day...I will meet the Creator.

Kane
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kane » 2010-08-13 22:00

I'll take your word for it rather than wanting to look up the details on who did what. But I'll remind that the vote was never decisive, only guidance.

I'm going to make a second referendum of sorts, to see who's still available and interested. Again, the position of expedition leader is important, both OOC and IC. Which means responsibilities as well as the ability to make a difference.

Jubar Bavvet
Senator
Senator
Custom Title: Politician
Organizational Unit: Rebel Alliance Political Party

Post by Jubar Bavvet » 2010-08-14 03:50

Well, I will definitely put my name up as available and interested. I'm going to be gone on a week-long vacation to the beach, so I won't be able to be a part of any discussion happening on this topic or any other until I get back.

Kallila Tsarati
Traitor
Traitor

Post by Kallila Tsarati » 2010-08-14 04:50

I'm sorry guys. I have several reason to be frustrated right now. I normally don't let it affect my decision making. I'll admit this much: I dropped this as an emotional response. It was foolish of me. I've spoken with Ace. He gave me a couple days to cool down. If he's still fine with it, I'll still do it. It's up to Ace.

Devan Kronos
Commodore
Commodore
Organizational Unit: CO of the Second Imperial Fleet
Location: Annihilation - Sovereign-class Super Star Dreadnaught

Post by Devan Kronos » 2010-08-14 13:25

Its ok Mai take a bit and relax we understand it was an impulse decision.

Besides we all know a key truth behind the NIF:

Kallila Tsarati
Traitor
Traitor

Post by Kallila Tsarati » 2010-08-29 22:43

Bio is up, and ready for launch.