Covenant Rising: Part 2 "The Curtain Opens" [Open:See note]

TyrAnazazi
Mercenary
Custom Title: Tenno
Organizational Unit: Phoenix Emire-Operation Castor

Re: Covenant Rising: Part 2 "The Curtain Opens" [Open:See no

Post by TyrAnazazi » 2011-07-03 05:03

Tyr looked levelly right back at her. "For the record, I am doing this as it is the right and honorable thing to do. Now shall we discuss this or not?"

Tyr turned on his heel an walked back into the shuttle. Behind him he could feel the woman close but not too close. Tyr walked into the cockpit. The most striking thing about it was that the windows seen from the outside were carefully disguised armor plates. As well as the strange chair that was in the middle of the floor. Tyr looked at the director, "I would not sit or touch it if I were you. In all likelihood, the shock of a neural-link would kill you."

"Helen, display the data that I was analyzing earlier. Temporarily give the Director-General Omega-Class clearance. Acknowledge her requests as well."

Helen's hologram was life-sized. Her holographic eyes looked into the woman's. "Acknowledged Tyr-aama. Though, I am no judge, she seems to prefer the idea of killing you than talking."

Tyr shrugged, "Least I can do is give them the information they need."

The front of the cockpit, was suddenly covered by a massive holographic display. "Converting all data to Excelsior Galactic Basic, complete." The Director-General was suddenly able to read the information. She quickly noticed a group of red-highlighted IDs in a list to the left. In the middle was another list composed of completely red-highlighted IDs. On the right side, a display showed the IDs for all agents for 10,000 years ago and prior. Of those IDs some were very clearly highlighted as well. Tyr watched as she looked at the headings then at the ID-numbers on each of the screens.

"So, would you not say that is most interesting Madam Director?"
"Fukaba fuke shana wa sunda zo ki no kaze" -Death Poem, Haiku - "Blow if you will, Fall wind...the flowers, have all faded"

Crystala Endivain
Grand Inquisitor
Grand Inquisitor
Custom Title: Director-General & Dark Jedi Archon
Organizational Unit: ISIS (in its entirety)

Post by Crystala Endivain » 2011-07-03 06:00

"So," Crystala began, her eyes narrowing as she glanced at the data, her voice sounding unimpressed but for different reasons, "You gave me fake data in hopes of keeping me searching for decades to come while you use the confusion to reinstate some of your people into the ISIS..." It was a good plan, but why he was telling her didn't make much sense as, if what she was seeing was correct, it mean whatever intel service Tyr's empire had was seriously compromised. Not unlike the ISIS lately...

Some of the IDs she recognized, only because she had glossed over some of them and particular strings of numbers looked familiar. "It is interesting, but it doesn't really concern me." Holding up the data chip in her left hand, she wondered how valuable that data was to her now. "Unless of course, the data on this thing is just as compromised, which I imagine it would have..."

That got her to smile a little. Whether he had planned this all along or it simply happened, she felt as if she had been played. I could try to memorize those numbers and names, but without the associated files and dossiers connected to them, it could take weeks to ensure I'm hauling in the right people without giving giving them enough warning to drive them underground. It seemed that, in order to acquire that information, she would need to somehow humour the envoy. "Your computer is right," Crystala began with dark hateful eyes, "I would rather kill you and take what I need and let the scientists pour over this vessel but, let's assume for a moment that you have some sort of fail-safe on this ship, what sort of offer are you willing to make that will sway my mind from taking that chance?"
"Dagger of the ISIS? No, I am the hand that wields it!" - Director-General Endivain
"The quickest way to find the needle, burn the haystack!"

TyrAnazazi
Mercenary

Post by TyrAnazazi » 2011-07-03 07:09

Tyr smiled, "You are forgetting that I am Black Ops. There are six GUNGNIR battlesuits, able to act autonomously, in the back and you are forgetting about Helena. Add to that, we both know you can't read my mind and your precognition doesn't apply to me." Tyr smiled at the woman. The look would have reminded her of a boy that had caught his older sibling and knew it.

Crystala also immediately noticed that the numbers had all changed back to the original format. It made sense, you wouldn't want the person you are negotiating with to get any leverage that could upset it.

"What I have to offer you is very simple. I know where these agents are. Only one of them was in ISIS. The others were all working in the private sector and have submitted their retirement forms. Not to mention, they are all NIF citizens as they are no longer ours. The one that you are now interested in, I need alive. She is probably the only person that has a chance of undoing this debacle. That is assuming she is even interested. Odds are she will do what her older sister did and marry a human. Settle down and apply for and obtain NIF citizenship. If you want to know where her sister is, I have no idea.

My proposal is simple. I need to find out what she is intending to do. If she stays here, then that is between you and her. Otherwise, I can't allow you to harm her. Otherwise, her parents will have me be executed. For allowing harm to befall someone who is of the nobility. Furthermore, as you can see she was way to low to cause you any harm. Which brings me to my counter-proposal:

I will give you the corrected data file. As well as, I will give you the name and location of the guy he is behind both your and my problem. You are getting a complete and correct list of all the Eldorrin that presently live in the galaxy. Then you will be able to take out the man responsible for your leak. Deal?"
"Fukaba fuke shana wa sunda zo ki no kaze" -Death Poem, Haiku - "Blow if you will, Fall wind...the flowers, have all faded"

Crystala Endivain
Grand Inquisitor
Grand Inquisitor

Post by Crystala Endivain » 2011-07-04 02:53

Crystala looked at Tyr with one of those try-me looks as she mentally dared him to back up his daring statements. Maybe she couldn't read his mind, but she didn't need to peer into his thoughts to read his actions as any practiced fighter had learned to read subtle movements, facial tics and rely on the preternatural ability to predict what was coming. As for the precognition, she scoffed at the notion, an amused smirk on her face that said "oh how little you know" to the envoy. She would have struck him down just for his false presumptions, and it was getting tempting especially after that smug look on his face. "You really enjoy trying my patience and goodwill," she cautioned, red eyes further enforcing the idea that she wasn't going to tolerate any more of his claims or misguided observations of the situation they were in. If she wanted him dead, he already would be, advanced technology and pseduo-Force null be damned.

Listening to his request, the options before her were numerous, and not all of them required a verbal response. More and more the plot thickened and it was hard to tell how deep it went, especially when she couldn't read the bastard's thoughts. Almost as bad as when I fought against those stupid Vong aliens but at least they preferred fighting to talking. As much as she wanted to brush off whatever claims he was making, the mere possibility that there was another leak was something she couldn't overlook least she want to pay for it down the road. "Tch..." she relented, realizing she had gotten herself cornered into accepting his deal, "I suppose I have little choice..."

The red in her eyes darkened, becoming a more crimson colour as she bore into Try's eyes. "So I get to plug a supposed leak. What do you- and more importantly, your Empire- get out of my acceptance of this proposal and how do I know dealing with this one person isn't going to allow you to turn around and conduct an even worse act that will make me rue this day?"
"Dagger of the ISIS? No, I am the hand that wields it!" - Director-General Endivain

TyrAnazazi
Mercenary

Post by TyrAnazazi » 2011-07-04 03:31

Tyr could tell that Helena was considering activating his backup battledroids. However, he knew to do so would only worsen his position as did she. Tyr looked right back serenely and in complete calm. He stood there for a moment before he spoke...

"Very little actually, as we will be withdrawing from your galaxy. If we come back, it will be on your government's terms. As for those of us that live here, I hope that you have the honor and integrity to let them enjoy their peaceful lives. You may have a tough fight ahead of you. The man you are looking for is most likely still on Tatooine. His name is Zetsu Kachi.

We have been suspicious that he may have sabotaged us, yet were unsure till now. He was the head of our Intelligence Infiltration Task Force. He is responsible for our information gathering during the Old Republic. When he 'disappeared' there was no replacement for that position. The department in question was to recieve orders only from the Thirteen Houses, nobility. Yet it seems that he managed to still continue his personal agenda. That is all I know for sure. Yet, I do have a hypothesis. is biological brother was adopted by a clan that was wiped out, due to treason and attempt to kill the Houses. That was many millennium ago. It seems that he has held a grudge for the death of his brother. To pull off his revenge he wanted to dig a hole so deep that the Eldorrin would never get out. That is my guess...I will honor our agreement. Perhaps, someday you and I will see eye to eye. "

Tyr handed Crystala the datapad. He noticed she seemed about to leave, then Tyr spoke. "Madam Director-General, there is something else I wish to tell you. Zetsu is a master swordsmen, exiled noble and very dangerous. From what little I do know of him, he is exceptionally dangerous. You may wish to take care of him yourself. As his blade will stand up to your lightsaber, it is fumetsu. You would be able to cut through my blade, it is of a similar but weaker material, called metsu. That is if you had decided to kill me.

I wish to remain here, in the NIF. You see, I was forced to retire my commission after I saved a child's life. Since then, I am only kept in the military until my full-discharge went through or I applied. Though, technically for not following the orders of the aristocracy, I should have been executed or jailed indefinitely. Sakura found a spot for me as a backup for her. For that, I owed her my life, now I have paid my debt to her. I have no further ties to the Eldorrin Empire. If you do not wish my allegiance, perhaps you will know who will?"

Crystala Endivain
Grand Inquisitor
Grand Inquisitor

Post by Crystala Endivain » 2011-07-04 04:22

"Madam Director-General, there is something else I wish to tell you. Zetsu is a master swordsmen, exiled noble and very dangerous. From what little I do know of him, he is exceptionally dangerous. You may wish to take care of him yourself. As his blade will stand up to your lightsaber, it is fumetsu. You would be able to cut through my blade, it is of a similar but weaker material, called metsu. That is if you had decided to kill me."

"Then I look forward to fighting against someone who might actually pose a serious threat," she mused, the slightest hint of joy in her tone as she relished the opportunity.

"I wish to remain here, in the NIF. You see, I was forced to retire my commission after I saved a child's life. Since then, I am only kept in the military until my full-discharge went through or I applied. Though, technically for not following the orders of the aristocracy, I should have been executed or jailed indefinitely. Sakura found a spot for me as a backup for her. For that, I owed her my life, now I have paid my debt to her. I have no further ties to the Eldorrin Empire. If you do not wish my allegiance, perhaps you will know who will?"

Snorting, Crystala hissed in response, "You have a nasty habit of making baseless assumptions and statements. I never once said I didn't 'wish for your allegiance'." Her gaze narrowed as returned to his implication about not being part of the so-called Eldorrian Empire. "And, from what I just heard, you tricked an officer of the Federation by acting on behalf of an Empire you officially have zero ties with? I'm afraid I can no longer tolerate you running around in Federation space on behalf of some other government until we establish just who you are, who you work for and whether or not we can trust you... So, you have a choice to make...

"You can either let yourself be detained peacefully or we can do this the hard way..." She let the Force flow through her though she still made no overtly hostile motions or indication she was ready to attack and do whatever was necessary to incapacitate Tyr. "The choice is yours."

TyrAnazazi
Mercenary

Post by TyrAnazazi » 2011-07-04 04:47

Tyr's voice became as cold as space and his hand was on the chair, "During this entire exchange, what I have said was true. As it stands of two seconds ago, I am now no longer required to follow the nobility's orders. Which is well known to both myself, Captain Hatake and the Head Commander. I am exiled as of this point for the next decade as per the agreement. I am well aware who will be the ambassador as of now. His name is Rynuusuke Hanshin. He is probably at the gate as we speak. The coordinates are on that datapad I already gave you.

I have nothing further to say to you. Yet, I will be gracious. You can ask your questions now, I will answer them."

If she shows any signs, muscular nervous or anything that she is going to attack or does, beam her out! Then get me out of here...

Crystala Endivain
Grand Inquisitor
Grand Inquisitor

Post by Crystala Endivain » 2011-07-04 16:02

"I believe you're missing the point. I'm not looking for your graciousness or even for you to say anything. I merely your compliance as you are taken into Federation custody where we will then ascertain the situation fully and completely without you disappearing and reappearing whenever it pleases you." By now, his story and tale had become so choppy that she was no longer convinced there was some other Empire out there.

'Captain, ready the tractor beams and weapons on our guest's shuttle,' Crystala projected to Harsen via the Force. 'Lock down the docking clamps and, in the event he manages to break free, open fire with everything you have.' She could sense the Captain's slight unease at her voice suddenly appearing in his mind but he dutifully carried out the orders. He had long since learned that, if the Director-General happened to be in the line of fire, that he should carry out her orders as she would find a way to escape the worst of it. Dark Jedi has an interesting habit of being able to do such.

The one nice thing about dealing with someone who's mind she couldn't read, it meant he wouldn't be able to read hers, nor know that she had just sent the signal to her own ship. On the flip side, she could have used a mind trick to try and force him into coming along quietly but since his mind didn't exist when it came to the Force, that option was out. There was no way she was going to let Tyr leave a second time as he had a lot of explaining to, to a lot of people for his story to be completely clear and straight as it kept changing, very quickly, in order to suit his needs.

She waited patiently for Tyr to decide how intended to let this unfold. If he wanted to continue this pointless standoff, she would gladly oblige. Though she may be in his ship, his ship was in the middle of a sizable gathering of Federation ships and, though he had been lucky twice and permitted past a third time, there would be no fourth.

TheChupaKing
Army Lieutenant
Army Lieutenant
Custom Title: Chupa La'Roi
Organizational Unit: Officer, Heavy Weapons Division

Post by TheChupaKing » 2011-07-04 18:35

Third Fleet HQ

Two troopers were sitting near Chupa, discussing the war rather openly.

"Ben, ya gotta listen to me, there is no way the Bothans are gonna come out of this with anything less than rags."

Ben shook his head. "Tim, mate, the Bothans were strong allies of the Rebels during the Civil War. We shouldn't under estimate them, even now."

This time, Tim shook his head, and rather brazenly pointed at Chupa.

"Ben, it's aliens like that thing there that are the end of this Empire. The more we have, the quicker we'll fal- HEY, GET OFF ME!"

Chupa had Tim off the ground by the collar, looking into his eyes furiously. "That THING?! How dare you call me a THING!" Feeling arms around his neck, Chupa realized Ben was trying to put him in a sleeper hold; quickly, he let go of Tim, who slumped the floor unconscious. Ben's grip was strong, but the Lieutenant was able to pry open his arms and toss the trooper over his shoulder; but before things could progress much further, the lieutenant's comm mic went off.

"Lieutenant Chupa La'Roi! I hope you're not too busy..."

Adjusting his clothing quickly, Chupa smiled and quickly replied back. "Yep, where am I needed?....Guard duty? Assassination plots? Highly skilled assassins?....Tell me where it gets hard...Okay, I'll be there as soon as I can."

And with that, he ran off, leaving two trooper egos badly bruised.

Sometimes, you have to sit down, look at the board, then make your move. Running in, guns blazing, only leaves you with more bullet holes in your allies than yourself.

TyrAnazazi
Mercenary

Post by TyrAnazazi » 2011-07-12 02:43

Tyr remained calm but he glared annoyed at the director. "You are no different than the Thirteen Noble Houses. The Uesugi are the only ones that care to give second chances as a norm. The others, such as the Takeda, are more inclined to kill someone like me just for looking at them wrong...

I take it that I can assume that you already contacted your second-in-command. That any attempt I make to leave will be meet with full force." He paused for a moment, "Maybe I should have not accepted Sakura's compromise. At least being beheaded by one of the Gotei 13, might be better than whatever you have in mind."

Tyr lifted his hand off the chair. "All I did was like a girl above my station...Ironic isn't it! Very well! I surrender to you, Madam Director-General"

Crystala Endivain
Grand Inquisitor
Grand Inquisitor

Post by Crystala Endivain » 2011-07-12 03:49

"Very well," Crystala began as she gestured for Tyr to depart the vessel and walk back onto the Observer. Frankly, she would like to get him taken off her vessel as soon as possible and thrown onto the Misfit and she would have to get the necessary documentation done up for that as quickly as possible. Following him off the vessel, Crystala added, "You might want to consider powering down your ship, you're going to be here for a long, long time."

TyrAnazazi
Mercenary

Post by TyrAnazazi » 2011-07-12 04:20

No sooner than she had said that, then the ship powered down and a female looking person walked out behind her. The Director heard Tyr sigh and chuckle a little. "Helena, there was really no need for you to come along in your avatar."

The degree and ease of movement was indistinguishable from a living being. "Damare! Tyr, as it stands you are in trouble. To say the least! That and I don't like the idea of sitting around idly too much. Anyway, Director, just to be clear this avatar just allows me to keep tabs on proceedings or provide assistance." The avatar's eyes narrowed, "As far as I am concerned, he deserves to die for his disrespect of the Nobility. However, I am well aware that you need your information. I will gladly give you some 'medical' neural-linking devices. They can be easily modified to download and display an individual's memory."

Crystala Endivain
Grand Inquisitor
Grand Inquisitor

Post by Crystala Endivain » 2011-07-12 04:59

Crystala looked at the newest person to appear and could instantly tell she wasn't a real person as there was zero presence in the Force, the space she occupied was exactly like the space around her which meant she had to be some sort of illusion. Considering Tyr was responding to her presence, Crystala knew she wasn't the only one being affected. It seemed the woman was supposed to be some sort of avatar, a manifestation of the ship's AI or something. It almost reminded her of Ciara, except that woman at least had a more human presence.

"If you want to kill him, be my guest as I'm not aware of any laws that obligate me to protect foreign individuals on Federation vessels." Her voice was uncaring as she turned her back to the avatar. "Otherwise I give you the exact same choice as your compatriot: accompany us to the brig where you will be detained and questioned by our diplomatic corps and interrogators or you can vanish from whence you came and I won't forcefully have that vessel shut down." She was no longer interested in wasting any more of her time running around in circles around these aliens, she had enough problems with pirates, information brokers, spies and traitors running around within the known galaxy than for her to be personally involved with some small, supposedly fragmenting Empire that was at war with an enemy who couldn't even send a half decent assassin who knew the most basic of things about assassination.

A few meters beyond the three of them, the blast doors opened and a squad of armed stormtroopers approached. Crystala gestured to Tyr and ordered them, "Take him to the brig and make sure he's well searched."

"And the woman?" one of the soldiers asked.

Crystala looked over at the avatar as she awaited her response.

TyrAnazazi
Mercenary

Post by TyrAnazazi » 2011-07-12 13:56

Helena eyed the Director-General, then she altered her appearance. The nanites and their projected fields shifted. Instead of the tight-fitting bodysuit and human appearance that she had possessed. She shifted to a woman with slightly pointed ears, shoulder-length brunette hair, and bronze-gold tanned skin. Her dress mutated into a long rich looking and exquisite kimono. "As you wish the ship's systems will power-down now. I will accompany you to the brig."

Tyr had already been lead through the blast doors. The 'woman' walked up to normal conversation distance, "When you are done with him. I will need to take him to Rynuusuke. He will need to be...altered. Depending on the agreement reached, he may be given back to you. Just make sure you let me know to what degree you want his brain wiped. People, like Tyr, that defy the order of things are sometimes deemed to be worth something alive. They are commonly modified to suite whatever purpose they are needed for." She paused for a second, "We have in the past given such 'slaves' to our allies to serve for any dishonor they committed."

'Helena' then was lead to the brig and to be placed in a separate cell from Tyr. Tyr looked over at her before he spoke. "I take it that you offered to turn me into one of those slaves?"

Helena's eyes looked at Tyr, "I offered it. Besides, I intend to give that recommendation to Rynuusuke. As he has the rank to order your sentience wiped. Turning you into a Kyoukan could make you into a useful gift to the NIF. Besides, I hear the process where your brain is wiped and rewritten is quite painful. Makes me wonder why we don't use that as the primary punishment instead of execution for insubordinate commoners, like you, more often. At least, then we would have a more disposable elite troops we could use. Besides, dishonorable runts like you would at least then be useful for something."

She smiled slightly as Tyr had been put into a cell right before her last remark. She relished the pained and fear that temporarily flashed across his face at the mention of that procedure. Then very sweetly:

"You could just give the NIF what they want. Then maybe they will take you in. Yet, I doubt it, you are too much of a liability. That and I was told before heading out on this mission that you would likely say something or do something. Despite that you are quite brilliant you possess a poor sense of social intrigue. It is a wonder to me at times. Why you were even given an extension on life by the Noble Uesugi House. Either way, once you are given to Rynuusuke, your fate is sealed...Enjoy your remaining time where your thoughts actions and feelings are your own. Cause, soon you will be nothing more than a 'machine' to do your master's bidding."

With that Helena's avatar stepped into the cell and serenely watched the door shut. She didn't take her eyes off the man she had been "helping" up to now. She knew the stormtroopers wouldn't be able to detect the fear in the man across from her. Yet, she knew he was very fearful. He had seen kyoukan before around many of the Noble Houses.

They were essentially less-than human. As all such people were considered 'dead' as far as the society was concerned. Their sentience and ability to choose anything for themselves had been stripped away. He knew what would happen to such people in wartime. They would be the first to die. Would the NIF treat him or them any differently?

Phoenix Empire
Recruit
Organizational Unit: Phoenix Empire

Post by Phoenix Empire » 2011-07-12 14:39

Captain Hatake saluted the Grand Admiral before turning to leave. He had been assured that the situation would be well taken care of. As he saw no further reason to entangle or put himself in the situation more than need be. Hatake walked through the corridors with his two escorts.

Upon reaching the airlock that lead to his shuttle, he turned and gave the troopers his thanks. Then he took off and headed back to the Belisarius. The ride back was uneventful. He exited hyperspace and as he went to dock with his ship, contacted the Commander Sunfell. Two of the assassins are dealt with. The third is likely going to be in the next couple of hours.

He looked up to see a Lambda Class shuttle exit hyperspace as well not far from him. He moved piloted his shuttle and attached to the airlock. A few moments later, Sakura Uesugi stepped into the shuttle. She smiled at the Captain in greeting then they boarded the Belisarius. Behind them the Lambda's thrusters fired and sent it gently towards the NIF fleet.

Hatake and Sakura stood on the bridge of their warship. He sent a short message to the NIF Commander. "We are returning your shuttle. None of the systems were wiped or altered. A new ambassador named Rynuusuke Hanshin will be arriving within the next couple of days. As soon as he is freed from his other responsibilities and is able to leave. He will send you the following confirmation code prior to gating here."

Hatake then ordered the Belisarius to prepare for the jump back through the gate. The navigation officer entered in the codes and confirmation for the exit. After the gate activated and the coordinates locked in, the energy field stabilized. The large ship slowly and carefully moved into the field of energy. A few hours later it would re-emerge back in their home galaxy.

Back at Fini's HQ:

The slayer moved through the corridors. As he rounded the corner he ran head-on into a NIF officer coming the other way. As the two collided in the remote and empty hallway, his cloaking device turned off. He knew that if he got the chance he could easily re-initialize it. However, he quickly grabbed the man's arm in his cybernetically enhanced grip and used his body to force the man against the corridor's wall. He then put the tips of his gauntlet mounted vibro-blade claws to the head of the man. Growling, "You so much as grunt and I will kill you. Got that you human pig"

Phoenix Empire
Recruit
Organizational Unit: Phoenix Empire

Post by Phoenix Empire » 2014-03-25 04:55

THIS THREAD CAN BE DELETED! IT IS NOT APPLICABLE!

Kane
Emperor
Emperor
Custom Title: Sith Apprentice
Organizational Unit: First Fleet NIFSS Nemesis

Post by Kane » 2014-03-25 08:56

I'll just dump this in the miscellaneous archives, then.

For the record: this thread was originally part of the Supergate forum, that is, a small subforum dedicated to stories with cross-over elements.