General Wpns Training:(Open to all forms of weaponry)

Moderator: S.T.A.R.S.

Tycho
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
Custom Title: Alpha Lead
Organizational Unit: SPECWARCOM

Re: General Wpns Training:(Open to all forms of weaponry)

Post by Tycho » 2009-10-17 00:45

[OOC:] Ah, that would explain why Kurge is the way he is. IC I said he looked like an old man...Is that correct?

Tycho almost gaped as Kurge told him about himself. Well if this Gen'dai was really in the same clan as the infamous bounty hunter known as Durge then that explained a lot. Now there was no doubt in Tycho's mind that Kurge could destroy him as easily as he could snap a twig. The thought carried mixed emotions. Shorn didn't particularly enjoy knowing that he couldn't win. So he resolved that he would win. Or he would just never accept defeat. It was who he was and although this alien was so much stronger than he was, he finally found that it didn't frighten him any more.

" Well thats interesting cause-"

The young 2nd Lt. was cut off as Kurge's hand wrapped around his leg and yanked the Shorn towards him. Panic blossomed in his mind, then recognition. ' He made a mistake....he messed up.' Tycho was so shocked that this ancient warrior could make such a simple mistake that he almost forgot to take advantage of it. He quickly spun into the same maneuver he had used seconds before. This time it was even more effective as this was how the move was originally intended to be used. Tycho added a spinning kick aimed at Kurge's face-

Kurge
Freelancer
Custom Title: Employee of Luciana Endivain
Organizational Unit: SIN

Post by Kurge » 2009-10-17 02:18

[OOC: More of a floppy eared alien would be more accurate. I don't know if I could say that Vader had surgery done to make Kurge look human or not.]

Kurge realized all to late that Tycho had realized the risk and the problem in his attack. Kurge went forward and slammed head first into the kick then hit the ground hard! The floor vibrated as his weight of almost a thousand pounds hit. Kurge knew also that his only advantage now was his superior flexibility. That was if he could use it!

Kurge considered twisting around so as to be able to pin Shorn to the floor with his free arm. Unfortunately, the human had figured out his mistake and took complete advantage of it. Tycho had as Kurge fell, twisted his arm behind the massive back of the Gen'Dai. So, not only was the Kurge on the ground he couldn't move without risking some relatively serious injury to himself if not Tycho...

Kurge started to rotate and bring his free arm to bare. However, Tycho instinctively twisted his arm more with all his weight and strength. Kurge suddenly did the unthinkable... He patted out!

"Tycho you win! Let me go please... I know this must be very enjoyable for you! If you would be so kind as to stop twisting my arm and let me up that would be most appreciated!"

Tycho would also have noticed at this point in time that everyone that had been watching was clapping...

Tycho
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Tycho » 2009-10-17 20:45

[OOC:] Ah, that would be interesting indeed.

As his kick connected with Kurge's face, he spun out of the Gen'dai's grasp. Now the old warrior was on his hands and knees, not quite a defeated stance as Tycho well knew. Immediately Tycho sprang into a Daki Wakare technique. He leaped over Kurge, his left arm hooking beneath the Gen'dai's chest as his right arm grabbed Kurge's right shoulder. Tycho's momentum carried him over onto his back, with his arm still wrapped around Kurge's torso. He continued the roll, bringing his arm along with Kurge smashing to the ground, where he held the Gen'dai's arm in an arm bar.

Then, Kurge tapped out. "Tycho you win! Let me go please... I know this must be very enjoyable for you! If you would be so kind as to stop twisting my arm and let me up that would be most appreciated!"

Tycho stood back, releasing his arm bar on Kurge. The sweat rolled freely down his face as he bowed in salute to Kurge. The protective armor he had put on was suffocating and oppressive. He stripped the gear off and stood in just the heavy weave clothing he had put on for the sparring. The rush of victory welled up in him as he heard the clapping from a small group of bystanders who had been watching the ongoing fight.

" That was an excellent bout Kurge, though I am sure you weren't using even a little of your strength and if you had that crowd would be clapping for you." After a short pause, as he drank a full bottle of mineralized water to hydrate himself, he spoke again. " Perhaps you could teach me a few of those kicking and chopping moves. I have never had the chance to learn such techniques in further depth as the Academy offered only basic training." Tycho added, suddenly remembering. " I almost forgot, you said I could ask you a question...." Tycho thought for a moment. Then he came up with a question. He had always wondered about Vader. Some said he was just a confused man. Others that he was a monster " Did you ever meet Vader? And, if you did, what did you think of him? I have heard stories, but never truly known wether Vader was as bad as they say."

Kurge
Freelancer

Post by Kurge » 2009-10-17 22:50

"Tycho, you may be right. However, I will admit that I am sorely out of practice. At least it would seem that way!"
" Did you ever meet Vader? And, if you did, what did you think of him? I have heard stories, but never truly known whether Vader was as bad as they say."
Kurge looked at Tycho as a whirlwind of thoughts, feelings and memories resurfaced.

He had known the man better than even the Emperor. He had been with Vader almost 24/7. That was if he wasn't doing some dirty task for Vader. One of which was watching that secret apprentice of his, Galen Marek.

Tycho nudged Kurge out of memory lane..."Kurge you hear me?"

"Yes, I did! I know Vader quite well. Some would say I had the pleasure of serving him. Others would call that a curse. My view wasn't black nor white. I believe that I and Luke might actually agree with respect to his father...

Vader ordered and carried out many atrocious acts. Some of which I would point make General Mangar's incident seem trivial. Yet, he had a spark of good in him. I would see it every so often. Though it was usually after he had been meditating and thinking about his wife...

Vader, overall I would say was no different than most people. He is just judged harshly because of his gift.

Does that answer your question?"

Kurge knew that he was leaving out why he knew so much about Vader. The man doesn't need to know what I was. Besides, few people would ever trust or tolerate me if they did know.

Tycho
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Tycho » 2009-10-26 22:01

' Different than most people. That is what all the legends say. He was one of those jedi. Except of a rival order. How much power did he really have? Are there people like him today? I don't know. Some day I might. But for now I will have to work with what I know. So Kurge doesn't think Vader was completely bad...that leaves a lot to be explained about Kurge himself. How did he know Vader? Who exactly is Kurge? What is his purpose here? Those are questions I can find out. Though not by asking this Gen'dai anymore questions. I will have to look for...other sources.'

To most people Tycho appeared as just another soldier. A normal average fellow, who occasionally laughed. But what they didn't know was that deep down, he was crazy. It must have been in one of his missions. He couldn't remember which. But something, somewhere...had snapped. To all respects he was just the every day trooper. Now though, now he had more than just duty in mind. Questions, and answers to questions. Who is really in control? What is going on in the Empire? More than once he had noticed shadowy traces of something unspoken and unthought.

Shorn shook the thoughts off. He shouldn't let his mind wander off like that. He was crazy. But not that crazy. ' Stanging fanciful ideas-' " Yes...that does indeed answer my question. Thanks."

Kurge
Freelancer

Post by Kurge » 2009-12-13 08:30

Kurge looked at the human with his normal gaze. It was almost always cool, calm and calculating. Most people had always found it to be quite unnerving...

Kurge had long ago, learned that his greatest asset was to control his violent impulses. Unlike most others like him, he had learned to channel his aggression and rage at the world to his ends. Yet so many beings would never or only partially master that skill. In fact, it had been this very skill that had gotten him Vader's interest.

It was this very characteristic, that had enabled Kurge to keep a handle on the otherwise extremely dangerous Merak. The day that the Rebellion had started was one of his worst ever. He remembered all to clearly the last moment save of Darth Vader he had managed. The tip of the lightsaber in Merak's hands just clear of the Sith Lord's face and his natural strength straining against the force-enhanced determination of the young man. Kurge had succeeded in saving Vader that day. Yet, the Gen'Dai would pay a price of losing his chance to be free...

Honestly, Kurge would never tell another being that he had a seen a similarity between himself and the Dark Lord. Both had an inner demon that was threatening to eat them alive. Yet, somehow they both had managed to win their individual battles with their personal demon. Vader had redeemed himself by killing the Emperor. Kurge, had by conquering his rage and homicidal tendencies.

"I can see that you are full of questions, Tycho... Like so many others you are a curious one. Remember that the passion to learn something new is what drives to greater heights then our forefathers."

Tycho
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Tycho » 2009-12-17 23:41

Tycho nodded. He was curious and learning more about the past certainly advanced those in the future. Shorn waved his hand at the crowd in a sweeping gesture.

"It seems like we have quite a crowd." He said.

"Yes, we have attracted many onlookers" Replied the Gen'dai

The Lieutenant laughed. The situation was just so strange. He was standing there, sweaty and grinning, in a training room; the outside of which was filled with spectators; he had just beat a Gen'dai, who had graciously used what Tycho deemed to only be a third of his strength, and there he was talking about Vader with an ancient alien.

"What is your source of amusement Tycho?"

Shorn shook his head and half shrugged, "This whole situation. You, a Gen'dai freelancer, someone who I just had a sparring round with, knew Vader...I" Tycho searched for the words, "I just think that it is all a lot for me to take in." Tycho stared into the Gen'dai's eyes. They had a serene aura of cold precision and calculation. Shorn's own gaze was one of grey eyed sadness, a twinkle of wit, and a shade of intensity and purpose. There was a hint of sorrow in them, revealing that Tycho had things in his past he would rather not discuss. The eyes carried a firmness along with them as well. Tycho was not stubborn, but he was relentless. If he wanted something done, he would make sure it was done. Covering all those layers of emotion was the sense of an easy going man; someone who took everything in stride.

Kurge
Freelancer

Post by Kurge » 2010-02-11 02:28

Kurge chuckled a little...

"I suppose that is a lot to take in...."

Kurge looked and he could see an interesting look in the man's eyes.

This man is as relentless as vornskyr. Yet, he seems to be such an easy going human. Also, there seems to be a ....sadness maybe as well. Either way, this man, Tycho, has almost limitless potential.

Ironically, the human race has the same potential. If they should choose to see and strive for it... Who knows, maybe they will surpass all those that rival them and become like gods, in their own way. Unfortunately, I am not likely to see the happen in my lifetime.

"Tycho, there are beings older than me...a few anzati are much older than I am. A little lesson for you, time is relative even in the same point of reference. What might be a 'short' or a moment of time for one being is but a significant amount to another. For example, to me fifty years is pretty insignificant. However, say for humans, bothans or chiss that might be a pretty significant amount of time.

I am curious, what do you think the goal or the future of humanity is? How far will you go?"

Kurge's eyes were still as calm, serene and focused. Yet, if the man had looked very carefully he would have noticed a glint of hope and encouragement...

Tycho
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Tycho » 2010-02-11 05:39

A snort of wry amusement came from Tycho. He smirked, "Well your the oldest person I know," growing serious "but yeah, I see what you mean." Being a secret mathematician, Tycho had a certain interest in the metaphysical. His clipped, coruscanti accent cut through the air as he spoke, yet for a coruscanti accent, it was almost a drawl. "We humans measure our time based on increments. Those increments are nothing, they are variables. So yeah, I get what you mean."

Shorn eyed the older being. "He's old, but not a celestial. Tycho knew that there were beings who he simply could not comprehend. Frankly, he'd rather not. Having all the answers was not something he wanted. After the first million his mind would probably implode anyway. Even a Gen'dai could not contain all the knowledge of the universe. His grey eyes turned a shade lighter and came with a twinkle. The older one's question caught Tycho off-guard.

"I am curious, what do you think the goal or the future of humanity is? How far will you go?"

"Uh..." Taking the question seriously, Tycho thought about it. That was a hard question. "That's a hard question." Shorn frowned as he thought about it, spinning the helmet guard he held in his hands. When he was thinking he needed something to do with his hands. In the academy he had constantly caught himself unconsciously twirling pistols, or even a grenade. He noticed that he was spinning the helmet and stopped. "Well, I don't think I can speak for humanity, but I will say what I think. I don't know about destiny or fate, but I do know that all things have a purpose. Humans have done some despicable things, but we have also done much for the galaxy. So has every species. We all have our vices and our virtues. Overall though, I think we are destined to continue to repeat ourselves. It's kind of like a circle. If we don't learn from our mistakes, we will fall into the same pitfalls. That doesn't mean we can learn from every mistake though. Eventually, if you go back far enough, recorded history stops and then....well, then your left with more mistakes that we cannot see. So I don't know. You can't really take humanity as a whole though, because it's not. We don't all have the same views, opinions, we can't even agree on teh same language, or clothing. " Shorn shrugged. "That's a question I am afraid you will never have an answer to....predicting the future is unwise from what I have read. It's better to follow your own goals and not try and change the future."

"It's like time. Whatever is going to happen, has already happened. Or at least, that's the view of some. There is also the concept of an alternate reality. Every choice we could have made but didn't, might have, or has happened in that universe....I am not sure I believe that view. Frankly, I prefer to keep my feet on the ground and tread my own path. Obviously, looking out for mistakes that I can learn from...but history only teaches so much...you know?"

"As to your other question....Who can say how far I will go? I might be killed today or tomorrow....and that will be as far as I get." Tycho laughed and shook his head, "I've learned not to dwell to much on the future...it's not conducive to being sane."

Cocking his head, Tycho stared directly into Kurge's eye and....caught a glimpse of something. What it was he couldn't be sure of. Hope? It made Tycho wonder what this old merc had seen that made him so desperate to have hope for humanity. And why humanity individually? It wasn't like there weren't a thousand other species of aliens who had done everything and more that humans had, mostly in cooperation or opposition to humanity. But Tycho didn't say anything further...

Kurge
Freelancer

Post by Kurge » 2010-02-23 08:06

[School is a major pain at the moment...anyways, here is a nice prompter]

Kurge listened to the man speak... He also noticed that the man seemed to have seen what he thought. So, Kurge decided to help the man, see what he was trying to show him.

"Yes, in a sense you are correct. Predicting the future in any detail is a fruitless exercise in guessing against the odds. It is also a very hard question that I asked. I am impressed that you realized the entire aspect of it. So, please let me see if I can help you understand what exactly I am asking...

In an individual sense and in general, you are correct! Yet, let us take a step back and look at humans from an outside point of view. So, I will give you mine. Humans are inventive, curious, and yet at the same time all to aware of their own natural frailty. Yet, they also strive to build and make their mark on time and space. In their own way, humans are showing their true drive.

If you look back into your ancient legends, what is the thing most sought after? It was immortality. Yet, your forefathers realized that to seek a immortal life was impossible. As far as we know! So, they sought immortality in their works an actions. Each man or woman striving to make their mark and be remembered. For in the remembrance of those that come after them, they in a sense live on. Only truly dying when no one remembers their name or their deeds.

Knowing this, what do I mean by my earlier question...

Ask yourself, what is it that humanity wants above all else? Why do you want that? Then look at your past and see the path you have taken in search of that ultimate goal.

Then you should look forward and see what you as a race can attain."

Kurge looked at the human and watched as he grasped what he had said...

"Also, one other thing! Every race as made their mistakes and are doomed to repeat them if their is no effort to learn from them. Your forefathers lost many ships when developing hyperdrives and interstellar navigation. Yet, the search for knowledge drove them on...

Clear the haze from your eyes and see what it is you, as a people, are capable of being!"

Kurge thinks to himself...

Please let this man see what it is that took me centuries to see. If but one man realizes their true potential it can change their world.

Their curiosity is limitless and their urge to learn is equally vast! As such, there is nothing that they cannot attain in time. Eventually, they will and can be like gods amongst the stars. Maybe millennium from now or maybe longer...yet it will happen! Wake up and see that you are not the children you think you are! You are stronger than you know and mightier than you can imagine.

Tycho
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Tycho » 2010-02-24 04:17

[OOC: No rush, I know how school can be sometimes /OOC]

Tycho's eyebrows shot up slightly at Kurge's little speech. He had seen and heard some things in the universe, but this..."Wow." was all Tycho could think of for a few surprised seconds. Obviously the big alien wanted him to understand and realize some point. And Tycho thought he was beginning to understand the point the Gen'dai was making. He wanted him to realize how much potential was within each individual person. The potential for what? For immortality it seemed. Tycho thought this was going a little bit outside his comfort zone. He stopped himself fiddling with something that he had unconsciously picked up.

To Tycho it seemed like Kurge was leaving a lot out. Sure many had sought immortality. Many had sought it by trying to be remembered, or other like means. Always seeking to be immortal, when it was clear that the body is mortal. If there was one thing Tycho had learned in life thus far, it was that everything has an end. You cannot be immortal. Even memories can be forgotten. It was much better to live life as best as you could and die with a peaceful heart. That seemed ironic to Tycho, his soul was rarely at peace. Ah, that was it. The soul. Precisely what Kurge had left out. Tycho had honestly not thought of it much. But he wondered....he glanced up at the freelancer and gave a quick grin.

"Your full of difficult questions and thoughts, must come with the territory. Well, in response to what you said I would have to say that immortality is what many humans seek, but not all. Some of us prefer to live out our days as best we can and then die peacefully. Others are restless, fearing death and the unknown. I'd like to say that I am not one of the latter, but I honestly can't say. I would say that that gets into wisdom and the nature of wisdom and philosophy and other such things as that.

Why do humans want immortality? Like I said, it's pretty simple. We're afraid of death. Or most of us anyways...I hate to say it, Kurge, but I think you might be generalizing us. All humans don't seek immortality. And we don't have a common goal. Individually we are all different." Tycho tried to think of some example that would fit this statement, "Uhm...like a snowflake. Each snowflake is different. None are the same. That is how we humans are. To say that we all believe, or are in search of, the same goal isn't quite true. It's something that re-occurs throughout human history and is quite common.....but it's not everyone's goal.

Now I guess that many humans would want immortality above all else. Is it something that we cannot gain though? I haven't thought on it all that much, but there are many....religions and beliefs that speak of an afterlife. The question is whether you wish to prolong your life in this galaxy....or in some other life. In answer to your question though, I'd have to say that we can do whatever we set our minds to. I've seen it done. We are capable of everything imaginable....not to say we are celestials. The last thing I want is to be a celestial. It's a bit like ethics in a way. Would it be right for weak willed and erroneous humans to have that kind of power? Imagine the evil we'd be, we are, capable of doing. But along with that evil comes the power to do good. You just have to choose which to do As science advances, so does our state of living. You'd have to talk to those kids at Roscoe's Academy though, or one of the professors. They're all about philosophy and politics and economics. I'm just a soldier with a pretty education. Sorry to be long winded."

Tycho paused for a moment and walked over to grabe a hydrate pack. He punched the straw through the bag and began to sip the liquid, pulling up a stool to sit on. The crowd surrounding them had mostly dispersed. Tiring of not seeing any further action. Shorn just grinned and looked back at the Gen'dai. Waiting for a response.

Kurge
Freelancer

Post by Kurge » 2010-04-11 05:29

Kurge smiled...

So, the young man seemed to have grasped what I wanted him to.

Then Kurge answered Shorn, "Technically and in terms of the facts you are correct. So, despite your pretty education you are quite brilliant. However, I will be straight forward and tell you what I am trying to help you see.

Humans' curiosity is limitless and your urge to learn is equally vast! As such, there is nothing that humans cannot attain in time and if the will is present. Eventually, your kind may be or can be like gods amongst the stars. Maybe millennium from now or maybe longer...yet it will happen! Wake up and see that you are not the children you think you are! You are stronger than you know and mightier than you can imagine...

I do not say that to belittle the other races of our galaxy. Yet, as you yourself said that such a power would be a dilemma. It is that! Yet, humans are no more malevolent than Duros, Hutts or thousands of other species. Every being has the same potential to do evil towards another. It the choice to do so or not to do so that matters most.

*laughs*

My my, I am must of sounded a bit like that annoying green pointy eared Yoda. However, I hope that unlike his famous ambiguous statements, what I said was at least thought provoking for you."

Kurge stood up and had a bit of a mischievous grin on his face...

"Got any new tricks you picked up? Or would care to test?"

Tycho
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Tycho » 2010-04-15 02:44

"Stronger and mightier than we can imagine? Sure we are!" With the last sentence, Tycho jumped up from the stool and kicked it at Kurge. Hopefully, the distraction would buy him enough time to roll over and grab his helmet, and a staff. And, yes! Within the second of distraction Tycho rolled on his right shoulder, grabbed his helmet, and shoved it onto his head. All with one hand. The other snatched up the staff from the ground and twirled it around in a defensive sweep.

Tycho's defensive sweep cleared the way for an inward strike. He wasn't using the staff like a...staff. Army Lieutenant as he was, it seemed to him a rifle out of ammunition. When he grasped the snappy pole with two hands and thrust it at Kurge's chest, it was like a bayonet was affixed to it. A picture of the mercenary, impaled by the vibro-bayonet, flashed into his head. He could hear the military drill instructors at the Academy. "Know what you are going to do! Envision it! See it happening and then make it come true! Give it life!" Shorn directed the pole's end at Kurge's knee. "Give it feeling!" Now the staff swung at the alien's shoulder. He didn't expect to make contact. Because, in his mind, it had already happened.

Relentless and level headed, Tycho attacked as he had been taught to. It was kill. Or be kill. In his mind's eye he saw and felt death around him. The adrenaline pumping through his body alerted his senses, gave power to his blows.

"You know what the greatest advantage of humans is?" Tycho asked as he backed off, panting. The alien cocked his head.

"What do you believe it to be, Tycho?"

"Creativity." With that Tycho drew back and hurled the pole. It spun horizontally, straight for Kurge's knees! Shorn didn't stand back and watch. Immediately, he charged after the pole and went with a one-two to the shoulder he had swung at earlier. Then he grabbed the arm attached to that shoulder and proceeded to place Kurge in an arm bar.

Kurge
Freelancer

Post by Kurge » 2010-04-15 03:22

Kurge was both surprised and at first rather amused at the attempts to hit him with the staff. Well, that feeling didn't last that long though...

Kurge felt the over-hyperactive human had managed to his left arm in an arm-bar using the staff. Kurge smiled and retorted,

"That is true, Tycho. However, that is a born ability and one that can be developed. Now let me show you a trick of mine..."

Kurge moved too quick for the man. He had turned to his left and ducked under the staff as he put Tycho on the ground. He then grabbed the man in his large fist. Tycho was about to find out what it was like for Clone Troopers at Muunilust going up to Durge...

First thing Tycho noticed was that Kurge's actual hand size was massive. He had him firmly around the waist with one hand. He then would have noticed that he was being held off the ground using that one arm. Then he would have seen the human-sized cavity that Kurge had made in his chest. From there it was a pretty short step to see the outcome...

"As I am sure you were well aware. I wasn't using my full-strength or speed earlier. This is a nice little trick I learned from my arch-rival Durge. To suffocate one's opponent using my own body. Durge in fact did this to the Jedi general Obi Wan Kenobi on one occasion. It didn't go to plan for Durge though. However, against non-force users this is an excellent tactic."

He then put Tycho down nicely...

Tycho
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Tycho » 2010-04-16 21:31

(OOC: We should wrap things up here, so other people can 'return')

Shorn felt the sweat bead down his brow. What a horrible way to die. "Here lies one Tycho Shorn, smothered to death by a Gen'dai." Really, he didn't want that on his tombstone. His grey eyes were wide and focused, trying to get his mind of being suffocated. Kurge's hand was huge though! He was happy the big guy was on his side. Well, actually, he wasn't, not really. Kurge was a mercenary and mercenaries worked for money. Who knew where Kurge's loyalties would lie if say, the NIF broke their contract. The thought jolted him. Strange things mercenaries were. Fighting only for money. And yet Kurge seemed to admire humans....in a way.

"A neat trick, Kurge. But tell me, if you are an enemy of Kurge and really, as you seem, are loyal to the NIF, why do you fight for money? What motivates you to fight?"

The answer was forthcoming, Tycho listened, as he stepped closer, first one foot, then the other. He smelled the sweat that poured off his body with the intense sparring. A drop of it fell into his eyes and clouded his vision for a moment, then he lunged.

Hair on the back of his neck prickled, and he saw in his peripheral vision the giant hand that came sweeping down to strike him. Shorn rolled, he felt the air current of Kurge's massive hand swishing through molecules of oxygen.

Coming up from his roll, Tycho found himself slightly behind Kurge. His leg lashed out, a straight legged kick from the ground, straight at the back of Kurge's knee! Suddenly, stars flashed in front of Tycho's eyes and the world faded to black in front of him. The last thing he remembered was laying on his back and the seeing, dimly, the slightly worried look on the Gen'dai face of Kurge. Then the night swallowed him.

Kurge
Freelancer

Post by Kurge » 2010-05-31 17:07

Kurge answered Shorn's question without wasting words:

"I was an enemy of Durge cause, I saw him as a threat to people like yourself. As a being biologically like myself with the same issues that hadn't taken the effort to learn to control them. I fight for money due to that present military policy would not allow me to join. One day I will when things change or become more favorable but as of present I just cannot, too much red tape. What motivates me is the ideal and the dream that I can make up for past actions before I learned to control my strength, anger and bloodlust."

Tycho's lunge was already read by the Kurge's extrasensory organs. The increased heart rate in preparation for the strike and as it commenced gave part of the intent away. He swung at the Corporal with just enough force that on contact it would knock his newfound friend sprawling. However, the human rolled and evaded the counterstrike...

Kurge was proud of the sense of timing of Shorn...very well done my friend!

Kurge followed his movements with this eyes as Shorn rolled behind his back. In his peripheral vision he saw the sweep kick from the ground aimed at his knee...Kurge dropped his other knee down as he brought his hand to bear on Shorn.

Instead of the fist he had his hand form a "one-finger spear". The intent was to hit the right pressure or nerve ending so that the corporal would be unconsciously exhale all his air and in sense knock the wind out of himself. It was a classic maneuver of skilled practitioners to indicate that you could win at any point in time.

Kurge's finger gently tapped the the solar plexus, Shorn exhaled all his air unintentionally. Kurge smiled at first as the Corporal would realize that he could hit any other point or the same point with full power to finish. Then he noticed the man seemed to be light headed and was fainting.

Kurge motioned and called a medical corp officer as this was a very unusual reaction. Kurge bent over Shorn and checked his pulse breathing to make sure there wasn't anything out of the ordinary. He looked concerned as the medic took Shorn into the attached first aid room.

He explained to the doctor the strike. The doctor nodded and agreed that the loss of consciousness was not normal. As the pressure to cause serious damage at that point was very much higher than that delivered by Kurge's tap.

Kurge waited around so he could make sure Shorn was okay and to watch as the medics put fluids in the man...

Tycho
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Tycho » 2011-03-29 16:57

(OOC: Thought I'd just give this story some closure, Kurge :) )

Tycho soon recovered from the blow. He rose groggily, waving off the medic. He was still a bit light headed, and perhaps dehydrated too. Those were of little concern though, his platoon was scheduled for a drill in fifteen minutes. That'd give him just enough time to get back to his quarters, shower and change, before he had to get back to his platoon. If he started now.

Accepting Kurge's hand, Tycho used it to pull himself off of the ground. "Thanks for the sparring match, Kurge. You've taught me a lot, and not just about fighting," Tycho gave Kurge a broad smile. "I've got to meet up with my platoon in fifteen mikes for some exercises though, so I'll catch you later."

Kurge said a few words and Tycho said thank you once more before waving off the medic again and taking off in a jog toward his quarters. The life of a soldier, always busy.

Kurge
Freelancer

Post by Kurge » 2011-04-10 23:15

[OOC; I was starting to forget about this thread to be honest. But it is good to wrap it up.]

Kurge smiled as he watched the young man head off. The medic wanted to make sure he was okay. However, Kurge assured the rather persistant medic that he was perfectly fine. Afterwards, Kurge checked out of the training center and headed off to get a bite to eat. He would probably be back around sometime... If not to see how the young Army Captain was doing.