Tactical Training: Imagination over Rote: CANCELLED

Moderator: S.T.A.R.S.

jacenwesiri
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander
Custom Title: Sith Sorcerer, Supreme Commander, something else

Tactical Training: Imagination over Rote: CANCELLED

Post by jacenwesiri » 2012-04-21 03:58

Jacen wasn't happy with a few things at the meeting. The incident with Lyric made things go from bad to worse. Worse yet, that pet project of Eri and Crystala, Special Warfare Command, almost managed to act against direct orders. Jacen was upset at the circumstances with McFini's attempt at resignation, though he managed to bring him back, but he was livid over Lyric's actions.

He hadn't bothered with pleasantries. He had ordered the nearest set of Royal Guards, and a STARS team, to inform her that she was relieved that Jacen would be temporarily filling the position of surface marshal, and more importantly, bring her to meet with him personally. As an afterthought, he told them to bring General Zarkot with them.

Jacen usually seemed like a quiet individual, but seeing him storm through to his shuttle was probably quite a sight to behold. Fortunately, no one died.

------

Jacen had selected a plot of somewhat undeveloped land on Iridonia. It wouldn't do to place Lyric on administrative leave for what she might do, and it would be sad to lose her talent. No, she had to be dealt with.

Iridonia had some temperate rain forests, and also some rocky canyons. He selected a spot that had some features of both, and had orders for Lyric to be brought here, and had randomly selected a few companies of infantry, and a unit of engineers, to be brought. Walking around, he toured the area, as he considered it's uses. Soon, the guards came, bringing the two officers with them.

Jacen looked them over, and both seemed as though they wished to speak, but before they could, Jacen silenced them with a glare that seemed to promise something worse than death. "Captain Detton, I am most displeased with what you did." Jacen said with an almost acidic cone that did well to convey his extreme anger over the situation, though not explicitly stating what it was, though he was sure Lyric knew. The Captain part was the least of her worries. Getting a demotion down to captain was a substantial drop in responsibilities, though if she behaved he might be willing to reinstate her. "You are will be running small unit training here for a period of three weeks. I will decide your fate after its conclusion."

"General Zarkot, you will assist her in this respect." Jacen said, returning to his a nromal tone.

"Sir? Why...."

"I haven't decided where to reassign you where your skills would be best suited. It is a temporary measure I assure." Jacen said, letting his voice mellow out some. Continuing in a rather matter of fact tone, "You have an engineering team to prepare this area for training exercises. See to it that things run smoothly." Both Zarkot and Lyric seemed gulp some, and turned to face each other.

"Commander," Jacen said, turning to his aid, "See to it that a few pertinent members of SFC join me as well."

"Yes sir."
Last edited by jacenwesiri on 2012-04-21 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't worry guys, it's cool. We've got this, I'm Master Yi!" -- a questionable Yi player, who ended the game 2-16. We lost.

Eri Ambicon
Surface Marshal
Surface Marshal
Custom Title: Sniper, Shapshooter, Markswoman
Organizational Unit: Surface Marhsal of the Imperial Army

Re: Tactical Training: Imagination over Rote

Post by Eri Ambicon » 2012-04-21 05:02

Wherever Eri was, it had to have been better than this world the Supreme Commander was forcing Lyric to arrive at. When Wesiri left, Lyric snorted in disgust. The demotion, all things considered, was probably the least severe thing that could have happened, all things considered. The training exercise was a matter of routine, two sides to fight a simple training skirmish against each other, the world covered a mix of rocky and forested terrain. "We best get this going," she said, irritated at the way things were going lately, "General, you-"

It was a surprisingly easy fact to remember that she was no longer the Surface Marshal, the Supreme Commander assuming the role in light of recent events and with the real Marshal still missing, it seemed the madness would only get worse before it got better. Unfortunately, being a mere Captain now garnered her even less respect and sway over the General standing next to her. "I'm at your command, sir."

Zarkot didn't seemed thrilled about things either, probably more because he had been hoping to assume the role of Surface Marshal right away and not be forced to run through a few hoops. Looking at a holo of the area they were in, he quickly worked out the best and least defensible positions for this little war game. "Captain," he began, finding no small amount of satisfaction in Lyric's monumental screw up and subsequent demotion and removal from the head of the NIF army, "You take this location here." He pointed to a rocky plateau next to a sheer cliff that spanned either way for miles. "Comm me when you and your forces arrive and I'll start a one hour timer. In that time, you will set up whatever defenses you can within a two mile radius. At the end of that hour, I will fire a flare and we will begin the war game. Understood?"

It didn't take a non-commissioned to see that Zarkot was giving himself an unfair advantage while at the same time trying to give her a significant disadvantage to crawl out of. "Understood, sir." She saluted him and walked to a waiting Lambda-class shuttle. Boarding the vessel, she turned to the acting XO and began outlining the little mission which was, pretty much, a straight up capture the base. "He wants us to set up within a two mile radius of this point."

"That's out in the open..." the XO frowned.

"I know... Seems the whole damned galaxy has turned against us and meanwhile we're stuck playing politics with the Generals jockeying for position in the eyes of the Supreme Commander." This wasn't what Eri would have wanted to see and she'd probably be disgusted with a lot of people if she were here at this very moment. "Let's get this over with as quickly as possible..."

"You mean, we should take a dive?"

Lyric snapped her head over to the XO, a mortified look on her face. "No, that's not what I meant at all. I may not like this, but that doesn't mean I'm going to just lay down and let those two walk all over me." Bringing up another holo of the area, she quickly started figuring out the best way to set up the base. "We should have an even split of forces, which means the real deciding factor will be terrain and tactics... And we've already got the former working against us in every way possible."

40 Minutes Later, at Red Camp HQ

Lyric oversaw the hasty erection of the various defense turrets and prefab walls and foxholes. It wouldn't be much to stand up against a concentrated attack, but, then again, it didn't have to be as she helped the soldiers set up a small portable theater shield generator station. In all her years as a Federation soldier and officer, it had been inspiring to see Eri never shy away from helping others, taking on tasks that she knew damn well could be handled by the grunts and enlisted folk but, having come from what seemed like a different era, back when the Federation didn't distinguish between enlisted and noncom, it had a profound impact, and it was something that Lyric had a hard time finding in the new breed of officers, particularly the ones who hailed from the Remnant.

"Twenty minutes remaining!" a voice yelled from a watch tower, helping remind everyone that they wouldn't have enough time to hastily set up everything they would like in the hour allotted to them. Zarkot's team, the Blue Team, was entrenched in the thick jungle while Lyric's Red Team was quite literally out in the open with only a large, sheer cliff behind them being the only change in elevation. Of course, she did have a couple tricks up her sleeve, a few aces, but a lot of it would only slow Zarkot down, and if he had set up a ton of traps in the jungle, it didn't exactly leave her with many options.

"Let's hope this works," Lyric sighed as the shield generator came online, projecting its protective dome around the small, hastily erected base.
"There's no outrunning a sniper." - Eri

jacenwesiri
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by jacenwesiri » 2012-04-21 05:28

Jacen's anger was pretty much abated by the time the exercises were about to start. He was disappointed in Zarkot's performance, and was considering ways of disposing of him. There were plenty of suicide missions he could put him on, or perhaps he could be more direct with it.

Lyric had at least accepted the fall gracefully, gaining her some degree of respect from Jacen. Perhaps a demotion to captain was too severe, but for now it probably wouldn't matter. The assignments for both of them were far below their previous ranks. Zarkot's position would work for a Major at best, and probably a captain, and Lyrics was similarly something more suited for a captain.

"Commander, I find Zarkot's scenario rather uninteresting. I want simulated indiscriminate artillery fire to be prepared to liven things up."

"Yes sir." Jacen would be observing the initial few exercises, while waiting for a few chosen officers to show up. He had asked for SFC to be brought here. He honestly planned on discussing the situation with a specific officer. After discussing things with Blitz, perhaps he'd leave things in his hands with how to deal with Lyric. He'd probably be a bit more merciful.
"Don't worry guys, it's cool. We've got this, I'm Master Yi!" -- a questionable Yi player, who ended the game 2-16. We lost.

jacenwesiri
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by jacenwesiri » 2012-04-21 20:58

Completely OOC

After sleeping on it, and talking to Fini. I'd like to keep the politics out of a training thread. So yeah, I'm leaving it here for archival purposes, but deleting it would work fine too.

Sorry about wasting the good post Fini.