Next CM Cycle Comments and Planning

jacenwesiri
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander
Custom Title: Sith Sorcerer, Supreme Commander, something else

Next CM Cycle Comments and Planning

Post by jacenwesiri » 2013-12-21 00:42

I've gone ahead and closed out C1. Now I'm looking ahead to the next CM cycle.

Current tentative plans are to make two CMs. one CM will be a continuation off of C2, while the other will be something different than most CMs as of late. I'll try to get the next C1 up soon, and a C2 coming soon(tm) after that.

Any ideas, comments, suggestions and cries of outrage should be left here, as that would please me greatly.
"Don't worry guys, it's cool. We've got this, I'm Master Yi!" -- a questionable Yi player, who ended the game 2-16. We lost.

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
Custom Title: Fleet Commander, Self-Proclaimed Bartender, Baron
Organizational Unit: Third Fleet, Task Force Conquest, ESD Intimidator

Re: Next CM Cycle Comments and Planning

Post by Tavish McFini » 2013-12-22 04:00

I vote Third Fleet charge blindly at the Maw Installation!!! If we were able to survive the last encounter than a cluster of black holes has nothing on us!!! :P

But in all seriousness, I'm thinking Third would be adopting a more "consolidate and regroup" pattern this CM unless the NR made another shove into NIF territory.
- Admiral McFini and Ensign Hales discovered why Executor-class Star Destroyers seldom ram anything.

Dravius Stari
Marshal
Marshal
Custom Title: Director of Imperial Space Force Operations

Post by Dravius Stari » 2013-12-22 11:34

Yes, we've probably beat up enough on Third for the moment :p

There's always fourth, fifth and six!

And first if you feel brave, but I sure dont hah.

Drav.

jacenwesiri
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by jacenwesiri » 2013-12-23 03:36

The original idea for the C2 continuation, which for convenience sake was going to be the new C1, was that the NR would do something to cut the Rimma Trade Route around Vandelhelm, and then push towards Eriadu. In terms of player base, I don't think this would be the best setup, as we'd have Chaz (Corbin), Drav (Galerius), and Laurel holding down the fort, and I fear that there would be too much "smexy times" going on for there to be an effective defense. I'm sure you can imagine the nice fanfic of that love triangle, though perhaps we should add in another girl to make it a love quadrangle, or even a droid! *must make a note of this*

Anyways, I guess I'm looking at something closer to Yag'dhul now. Here's what I have written down as being leftover from C2.
Remaining Points from last C2:
Minimize losses at Balmorra. Balmorra has a lot of not of not so easily moved but valuable hardware which takes a lot of time to replace. Try to get what you can out to Neimoidia, and to minimize losses of the garrison and other forces present.
Investigate and bring the anomalous Listening Posts back to normal operations.
Prevent the rebel cell at Yag'dhul from disrupting the shipyards and/or minimize the damage.
Prevent the rebel cell from disrupting financial activities at Firro and/or minimize the damage.
The thing at Kessel wasn't completed
There remains scattered NR Army Holdouts on Malastare, Phaeda and Atzerri. Additionally, there are some survivors who managed to land on Fresia and avoid capture.
ISIS managed to uncover some individuals stealing Chaos Missiles from the NIF, and stop that. However, it brings up a disturbingly strong possibility that there are more like it which the NRI was using to steal Imperial technology.
The intention is for the new C1 to be a fairly normal C1, with a focus on more military action. The new C2 on the other hand was going to be more experimental. Anyways, my basic summary for the new C2 is this.
The Arbion Conspiracy might have been dealt a bad hand, but it left the NIF on edge. There are members left unaccounted for, and an unknown number of sympathizers. Fueled on by rumors of the brutal repression of the Arbion Conspiracy, malcontents on many worlds have been looking to ensure a quick end to the war, namely one where the NIF loses.
"Don't worry guys, it's cool. We've got this, I'm Master Yi!" -- a questionable Yi player, who ended the game 2-16. We lost.

Eri Ambicon
Surface Marshal
Surface Marshal
Custom Title: Sniper, Shapshooter, Markswoman
Organizational Unit: Surface Marhsal of the Imperial Army

Post by Eri Ambicon » 2013-12-25 04:48

Balmorra... Unless my memory is really hazy, and it probably is, didn't we move that valuable hardware- which, by the way, turned out to be a few million corkscrews and a dozen rubber ducks- to Neimoidia?

I'm all in favor of leaving Corbin, Galerius and Laurel holding down the fort though! :D Trial by fire and all that jazz! I got faith in them!

Blitzkrieg
Brigadier
Brigadier
Custom Title: Operative Zeta, SWC
Organizational Unit: Director, NIF SPECWARCOM

Post by Blitzkrieg » 2013-12-25 16:45

Eri Ambicon wrote:Balmorra... Unless my memory is really hazy, and it probably is, didn't we move that valuable hardware- which, by the way, turned out to be a few million corkscrews and a dozen rubber ducks- to Neimoidia?

I'm all in favor of leaving Corbin, Galerius and Laurel holding down the fort though! :D Trial by fire and all that jazz! I got faith in them!
Rubber Ducky...you're the one? (Okay, if you didn't see that coming, I must ask questions about how your childhood went.) Meanwhile, I'm thinking that a nice, NR-free C2 is definitely in order, yes. More info on this Arbion group would be very useful.

jacenwesiri
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by jacenwesiri » 2013-12-27 04:18

About the Arbion Conspiracy.

In his post, Chupa discussed what could be best described as a conspiracy between a lot of the elected officials of the Arbion Sector to secede from the NIF. My guess is that it would include many (maybe not a majority but definitely not all of them) of the elites at the least, and probably , for whom the economy is probably doing poorly because of an effective trade embargo with the NR because we're at war with them, and the Arbion Sector is kinda cut off from NIF space. It's in the green space of the map on the bottom right hand of the map, and it includes Rishi, and probably Roon.

So anyways, given that it is a conspiracy, and is centered around Arbion, I decided to go about the rather uncreative method of joining them together into the Arbion Conspiracy, though admittedly it does have a nice ring to it. Why I had NPC's purge the traitors was because a lot of details aren't known, and this way we don't have to know. You can really just makeup any details you feel appropriate, unless you're someone like Crystala. Or Jacen. Or Kane. So yeah, if you want to comment on it, feel free to make about the wildest sounding vaguely plausible rumors, the more hyperbole probably the better.

As for the C2, when you quash something like that, you won't necessarily be able to get everyone, and it makes sense that Arbion, after they were first examining the possibility of a secession attempt, that they'd have spread some spies and whatnot about. Some might have been caught or whatever, though probably not all. Besides that, they'd probably have been given some leeway given that they'd probably have been viewed at least mostly on our side. Having said that, a lot of them would probably be very hostile right now, having heard some terrible things about Kane doing things, that may or may not have their roots in the truth. At the same time, there would be a lot of malcontents and whatnot who might sympathize with them, and perhaps might go out of their way to assist them. So in general parlance, the term Arbion Conspiracy might grow to contain a lot of others who really aren't connected with the Arbion Conspiracy. At least, that's how I'm viewing it.

Jericho Winters
Sergeant
Sergeant
Organizational Unit: 4th fleet , 4th army

Post by Jericho Winters » 2014-01-04 22:12

A few questions for the Yag'Dhul arc of your plans, Jacen.

Is the death star that ace had built, built from the Death star prototype listed there in the IRM?

If not: is the death star prototype still there?

Would the Rebel cell go after yag'dhul thinking that would be the first place to look after mcfini's message to them?

Could we include some political interactions and/or engineering aspects there?

Say- the Givin askin' the NIF to help stabilize their home world's gravity and tectonicstratum by using the World Devastators to get rid of a moon or two combined with an attempt to reverse the direction of the remaining moon's orbit? (after all this time in the NIF I'm sure they'd have at least made the request at least once.)

If the WD's were there, could it be a good setup for defense of Yag'dhul ?

If any NR forces were to make a strike, would they go after just the yards then?

Just a few questions and thoughts to try to help flesh out that theater in my understanding.
Thanks for your time.
"I have found there are very few problems in this lifetime which can't be
solved with the proper applications of high explosives." - Burn Notice

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Post by Tavish McFini » 2014-01-06 20:09

*pokes the sleeping Wesiri* Hehehe, let's see how powerful his Force Lightning is! :D

1) No, it's an all new station since Yag'Dhul still has their DS Prototype.

2) Still there.

3) Somehow I doubt it. Given Yag'Dhul's location, the NR would probably have picked up on any abnormal traffic or military movements there. Nothing much has changed there (since the world was nuked I mean) for them to really suspect otherwise. Trader traffic continues like clockwork.

4) Maybe?

5) How long would it take to eat away an entire moon? Plus, how would we know that affecting the gravity wouldn't screw with the host planet?

6) It could be a good set-up, yes, but I imagine they'd be more interested in protecting whatever it is they're working on rather than defend a world. Plus, the NR probably aren't in a position to try and assault one World Devastator let alone a whole fleet of them... That being said, I also thought we kept our Devastator fleet in an undisclosed location to prevent the NR from tracking them down to let R2 shut the whole lot of them down again?

7) Given the way things are going, yeah, I imagine the NR would be more interested in raiding our shipyards and all that over planetary takeovers. Heck, they're probably raiding our convoys with renewed effort since we've pretty much navied- yes, I made that term up- ourselves into a stalemate.

That being said, I think the NR should launch the rest of everything they have at Yag'Dhul so that way Second and Fourth can fully appreciate the beating Third Fleet took ;)

Then, Third fleet can attack some NR planet with minimal resistance! Genius!!! :D
- Admiral McFini and Ensign Hales discovered why Executor-class Star Destroyers seldom ram anything.

Abraxes Rancor
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander
Organizational Unit: Executive Officer of TFJ, Fourth Fleet.

Post by Abraxes Rancor » 2014-01-07 02:27

5) How long would it take to eat away an entire moon? Plus, how would we know that affecting the gravity wouldn't screw with the host planet?
The gravity already screws with Yag'dhul having bouts of vacuum be pulled off it's surface. And the given's are mathematical geniuses.
6) It could be a good set-up, yes, but I imagine they'd be more interested in protecting whatever it is they're working on rather than defend a world. Plus, the NR probably aren't in a position to try and assault one World Devastator let alone a whole fleet of them... That being said, I also thought we kept our Devastator fleet in an undisclosed location to prevent the NR from tracking them down to let R2 shut the whole lot of them down again?
Well you all know that I think R2D2 is the "real" threat to the NIF. If he ever meets the Osiris the osiris will have his babies and then R2 would be in every computer in the nif ;) Quite literally. As for the Devastators- yeah, but a request for their specific use would draw them out... hence the NR might actually know where they are.
Timeframe - I know it says it takes 'months' for them to eat a world, but still :P would be good to rp.
Fini wrote:That being said, I think the NR should launch the rest of everything they have at Yag'Dhul so that way Second and Fourth can fully appreciate the beating Third Fleet took ;)

Then, Third fleet can attack some NR planet with minimal resistance! Genius!!!
Fourth fleet fully appreciates Third's numerous beatings... just haven't really had anything more to offer then an ice pack before ;)

jacenwesiri
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by jacenwesiri » 2014-01-10 06:54

Okay, an update.

First, I'll give you a basic summary of the idea for the starting part of C2 as of where I am now. I'll work on a more formal writeup for C2 after C1 gets up.
Yag’dhul part from last C2 here. Some Givin calculate, with disputed models, that the NIF must be destroyed for the good of Givin Domain. They, and members of the NR cell, join forces with some fleeing rebels from Arbion. The rebels weren’t necessarily at Abrion when things fell apart, and a cell of their external intelligence network is present, with more fleeing there to initially decide on a course of action. There is some conflict between the three groups. Those from the Abrion conspiracy want revenge. Those from the NR wants to win the war. The Givin meanwhile want to direct the course of events to more favorable for the Givin Domain. Thrown in the mix are a lot of sympathizers to the Abrion Conspiracy who are motivated towards action against the NIF, and not so much against Kane.

So basically the objectives would look something like: Quell the rebellion, protect the shipyards, end the Givin Rebellion, extirpate the NR and Abrion Conspiracy cells.

Basically, the Givin believe in calculating everything. So some Givin believe that their calculations suggest that a small sacrifice on their part will lead to a better future for the Givin Domain, and perhaps the galaxy as a whole. So they act on it. The Givin can be reasoned with, and if successfully reasoned with, they would happily come back to the NIF with open arms if we'd be willing to greet them.

The NRI group is much more ethical and probably mainly interested in strategy than terror. They probably can't be reasoned with unless the Abrion Conspiracy types are into much more personal strategies mainly focused on getting vengeance. I'd imagine that at least some of them would see it that by others not standing up against Kane's purging of their sector, that many NIF civilians are complicit in it to some degree. While they probably wouldn't go after the Givin Civilians for convenience reasons, the other civilians who would be present would be considered fair game. Then to wrap it up, a fair number of people who aren't exactly affiliated with any of the three main factions.

I think that would be a fair amount of play to the different groups involved initially, with the idea of later allowing for leads further down the rabbit hole.
Now for C1....
This was a bit more difficult, as Ace's recent post kinda negated a few things I had planned for it. I'd give more details, but a few aren't finalized yet.
The NR takes steps to cut communications and doing various types of damage. Namely, I have a deus ex machina idea for rendering holonet unusable for a time. Without the rapid communications provided as such, it would be a lot less effective to mount a defense against the tactics suggested by Ackbar in Ace's post. As for combat, it'd be similar to C2M33 with a lot of similar targets going on at about the same time, though on a somewhat smaller scale to hopefully improve readability and cohesion.

At the same time as this, NRI would be having a nefarious plot to bring the NIF to its knees. Mwuhahaha :twisted:
I guess at this point, what I'd like is a lot of related things that people could be working on, say a la Ace's SM Deep Impact where there were a number of related things. I think the problem with C2M33 from my perspective was that there were things everywhere, which was great for a lot of people, but very hard to follow especially when we got to some ships moving here and there within posts and all that.

So yeah, any comments or suggestions on these ideas would be appreciated.

Abraxes Rancor
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Abraxes Rancor » 2014-01-21 05:03

Here's a few ideas/comments for your cm idea's Jacen.

C2 or perhaps incorporated elements of C2 due to aftershocks of Abrion Major's inquistion by Ace.
===================================================================================

While Emperor Kane's emergency redirect to sector capital of Arbrion Major was partially successful the two hundred other systems in the Arbion Sector are showing signs of unease and multple efforts of the NR have brought the sector to a boiling point. So far the Republic efforts have been seizing upon this opportunity to fan the flames of revolt. ISIS believes the main force of New Republic involvement is influence through vast recently reactivated networks of Jenet spy rings that are spreading discontent accompanied by misinformation. In the worst of cases, the discontent has fanned the flames of anarchy and rebellion amongst several member worlds of the Arbrion Sector.

Reports of rioting in several major cities on major planets have been reported. It is believed NRI activity and various anarchist home grown groups are behind them. In a few of the worst planetary areas, the local planetary defense forces have made no attempts to quell them even at the direct order of their political leaders. A few Imperial Moffs have called upon planetary governors to restore order, but their requests have been met to no avail.

News of Abrion Major's situation is being exacerbated by the word of mouth of various merchant forces along several of the sector's well known trade routes. In order to curb mounting tensions, High command believes it has become necessary to precipitate shutting down these hyperlanes by using fleet resources to interdict several areas along their width to restrict traffic into the sector.. The majority of the fleet resources involved in the ongoing operations are small detachments, and flotillas that have been assigned to different areas of the Arbion Sector that have been placed under different operation names.

Even worse, ten hours ago it was confirmed that one lieutenant of Talon Karrde is seeking to make plans to break him out. Details are still sketchy at this point but it is believed that one of his former top officers is behind this plot for his unscheduled release and intercepts of Republic communications place this officer currently headed towards the Baobab Merchant Fleet Headquarters to ask for assistance with old contacts there to help the Abrion Sector’s plight. With any of Karrde’s Lieutenants free, it may be possible that the New Republic will begin to move many Q-ships and Fire ships into the Abrion Sector using Manda as a base if they have not done so already in order to hamper NIF efforts in the region.

Commanding officers of flotillas conducting blockade, trade route interdiction, and under special circumstances- planetary quarantines- are expected to be on the lookout for such duplicities and be ready for any sudden changes in their areas of operations.

High command suggests the mobilization of various bounty hunters to find and subdue these individuals.

Operation Aqua: aka “Rat Trap”
The Jenet have a long history with the Empire as the old Empire found the Jenets to be useful workers on other planets as well due to their high reproductive rate, which rendered any worries about mortality levels moot. Accordingly, enslaved Jenets often operated in perilous work conditions. The Empire set up breeding facilities for the species in an effort to select for traits that increased their pacifist tendencies and compliance and decreased their intellects. Jenets willing to fight back against the Empire were rare, and few members of the species joined the Rebel Alliance. The only thing of note for the Federation’s purpose is the high reproductive rate has lead to the Jenets having several colonized worlds in the Abrion Sector outside of their home system of Tau Sakar.

In an effort to break up the main intelligence networks of the Arbion Sector. The Tau Sakar system has been targeted for an extreme Inquisition under the guise of quarantining the system due to an outbreak of the recently stamped out AMNER reactivating and mutating an old viral plague in their genomes called the Bubonicrite plague. <<::The following is classified to those that have clearance::>>In actuality this is a tailored virus based on old samples that the Jenet’s are highly susceptible to spread into the population 72 hours ago. But only to Jenets Predictions state that 86% of the adult population of the seven worlds of the Tau Sakar system will not be alive within the week. 50% of the sub adults on those planets will be effected as well. But don’t worry, plans are to have the survivors will be relocated to several other Jenet colonies within the sector. Within the year repopulation efforts of the Federation will become possible and there are plans to turn the system into seven Fortress Worlds with its own shipyards to secure the Abrion Sector for the Federation for the next several years due to its centralized location in the region. This time, without the slave labor, or the breeding programs of the Old Empire. It is unknown if the sector administrative capital will be moved here as well after fortification is complete.<<::Classified::>>

The New Republic has several corporations that possess old samples of the vaccine , and antibodies which may treat the disease. The Federation has publicly offered to buy these assets but is refusing to allow any Rebel vessels, even transports, to enter the sector due to Abrion remaining NIF territory.
Our medical forces are tasked to treat the symptoms of the disease and gather samples for vaccinations to be administered to the general public but really are there to maintain quarantine as the population passes. Further details of our medical efforts to treat the Jenet populace are to be recorded for public holonet consumption, after careful attention to detail for editing purposes.

NIF Resources:

Operation Blue: a.k.a. Unsettled Ukaleles

The planet Ukio is a source of major reported riots due to the prevalent nature of its native species. Ukians greatly feared anything they deemed to be "impossible". Any completely unforeseen or bizarre event would cause them to become agitated and frightened. Off-worlders such as business executives or enemy commanders would use this fear against the Ukians, causing them to be at a disadvantage
This trait however has turned to anti – Federation sentiment. Several cities of the agricultural world are burning as various Ukians have modified vast farm and agricultural equipment to promote unplanned demolition of urban environments while shouting “Return everything to the land.” The planetary defense force (consisting of eighty percent Ukians) has been relatively unsuccessful and the planetary government has requested reinforcements to quell the unrest as well as proclaiming arrest warrants for anyone inciting this violence.
An NRI presence is strongly suspected and is believed to be one link in the chain of events happening across the entire Abrion sector.

Operation Red:
Tensions on Intuci are mounting, as denizens of the planet are being reminded by current events of the massacres in their past.
The planetary governor’s efforts have been in disarray and it is suspected that our armed forces will soon be called in to quell the disorder.

NIF Resources:

Operation Orange:
Operation Orange is the series of interdictions and patrols along the Manda Merchant route corewards of Tios and Hishym. Currently the mustering point of several fleet detachments for patrol of the Manda Merchant Route are to be assembled in the Rishi System.
Intelligence suggest that this area of operations will be a focal point by any NR activity to retake the region, or at least be the target of several waves of starfighter attacks. At present time, Rishi has small occurrences of local discontent, but the planetary forces seem to have the ground situation well in hand.
NIF Resources:

Operation Magenta: Operation Magenta is the series of interdictions and patrols along the northeastern arc of the Triellus Trade route rimwards of the Tascollan nebula. Currently the mustering point of several fleet detachments for patrol and interdictions are to be assembled just outside the Tascollan Nebula.

Recent rumors suggest the movement of strange vessels inside the Nebula itself, and the NIF cannot rule out the possibility of a lurking pirate, or NR force ready to prey off the hyperlane's trade route. An investigation will have to be made.
NIF Resources:

Operation Coral: Operation Coral is the series of interdictions and patrols along the southwestern arc of the Triellus Trade route to the galactic west of the Roon System. Currently the mustering point of several fleet detachments for patrol and interdictions are to be assembled just outside the Roon System’s cloak of the sith near the Umboo Lighstation which has been modified since Federation forces first took over the area to reflect the size and armament of a Golan I space platform.
NIF Resources:

That doesn’t mean Federation forces can just ignore other fronts as well. There are several areas that must be addressed post haste to thwart ongoing Rebel activity in other NIF territories.

Operation Gold: Yag’dhul arc here
NIF Resources:

C1: Blurb (though honestly you could flip the ideas and have several hit and run attacks in the arbion conspiracy arcs and leave the listening posts and a few scattered attacks in other territories in here. There's enough to have things similar in each scenario.)

Operation Mint Cream: Listening post stuff here. Tracking down the source of the holonet being taken offline.
NIF Resources:

OPPOSITION IDEA FOR POTENTIAL DEUS EX MACHINA MCGUFFIN FOR YOUR use:

Why not have the NRI clone a teezl, and use a set of Kessum enhanced emitters in the captured listening posts to spread the disruption signal?

Possible Hidden objective- capture the creature or a cell sample of the creature for a clone of the animal to be sent to ICE in the next probe to increase range of ICE communications with the home galaxy. No animal would remain in this one.

As for all the colors- it would help ppl to use HRC brackets as easy identifiers to determine which operation they’re on. (and very easy since the operation's color name is the color of the hrc tag they would use to denote where they were.

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Post by Tavish McFini » 2014-01-22 17:25

Jacen Wesiri wrote:At the same time as this, NRI would be having a nefarious plot to bring the NIF to its knees. Mwuhahaha :twisted:
If that happens, could we please, please, please make sure it's 6th, 5th, 4th, 2nd and 1st fleets that get brought to their knees first? 3rd is already on the ground and it seems kinda mean to kick us while we're already down, don't you think? :oops:

Viktor Zukov
Deputy Flight Director
Deputy Flight Director
Custom Title: Deputy Director of Flight Operations
Organizational Unit: Imperial Starfighter Corps, 3rd Fleet

Post by Viktor Zukov » 2014-01-22 17:28

If that happens, could we please, please, please make sure it's 6th, 5th, 4th, 2nd and 1st fleets that get brought to their knees first? 3rd is already on the ground and it seems kinda mean to kick us while we're already down, don't you think? :oops:
Fini, I thought everyone liked to be kicked when they are down? ;) But I'm pretty sure Fini, that you'll be spared having to limp the Int back home once again. ;)

Abraxes Rancor
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Abraxes Rancor » 2014-01-22 18:31

Honestly, I don't think Draaygo or I would mind if the bulk of third fleet stayed home and fini brought the intimidator with for a ride along with a part of fourth fleet. :mrgreen: along with any other interested PC's and TDY's :S. Like Blitz's commodore. etc, etc, etc.

Fourth fleet could use the 'experienced' hands helping out :D

jacenwesiri
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by jacenwesiri » 2014-03-11 19:03

C2M34 is a go. C1M34 has been delayed some. I'm leaving this up for discussion on a C1M34 topic. Anyways, the old C1M34 topic is pretty much dead, so yeah.