Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant
Custom Title: Captain of the Thunder Maul
Organizational Unit: Third Fleet

Senior Prom Part Deux (Everyone!)

Post by Mirandrax Valentius » 2012-04-18 14:32

PREVIOUS TIME...

Code: Select all

Mirandrax Valentius, Captain of the [i]Monte Cassino[/i] cordially invites you to the "Second Chance Dance" this Primeday. The event will take place on the [i]Intimidator[/i] in the Admiral's hall. Dress Code: Just look good. Instructions: Have fun! Price: Free. Bring everyone you can along! Just make sure you attend, and have a second chance dance!

Mirandrax hit send and a slight thrill went through her body. She grinned, as the message was sent to a million and one soldiers of all ages, genders and races. She sipped her iced water as she grinned again, just glad that the bill for the event was being picked up for Dravius but she figured that it would cost him at most a week's pay.

....and you know I don't even feel guilty. I earned this. Now at least when I die in a few years I'll know that I had this one brief moment of childhood in my life....

As she placed the water on her desk and headed for the sonic shower, she forced back the tears that threatened to well in her eyes. She struggled everyday with the burden of emotions, but it was made slightly easier in the knowledge that the people under her command trusted her implicitly. They did so because they knew she was one of them. And she made sure that every last clone she could round up would be in attendance and have some drinks and food.

The clothes came off and the cleansing cycle began....

PRESENT TIME...

Mirandrax had fought desperately to keep the Second Chance Dance away from her thoughts during the time she sent out the invitations to the forces. She had work to do after all, and it would not do to have it neglected. In his own way, her own superior would find a way to ensure that her work was being done to the required standard. It had been worth it though and finally she stood near the entrance ushering in the clones.

The Admirals hall had been transformed into a work of art. In reality just empty space with a few tables, the name came from the fact that you could often find ambitious young officers practicing speeches and lectures and the kind of thing people imagined that Admirals did. It amused her to watch them, and if she was feeling particularly down, she would wander in wearing her leathers and obtain a free drink.

....deception is a valid strategy in war....

She grinned at the memory as she peeked inside at the hall once again. There was of course a large dance floor, but there had also been a separate section where the tables for those who wanted to sit and eat could do so. The walls had been trimmed in a dark blue silk, with golden ropes holding back the silk so that there was still a view out into space. The tables had been decorated in fine white linen, with golden ribbons around the chairs. Chandelier style lighting had been installed, and softened the otherwise sterile lighting that warships had.

Mirandrax herself looked nothing short of stunning. As they filtered in, the clones were at a loss for words when they saw the figure of Mirandrax at the door greeting them and ushering them inside. She had dyed her hair blonde for the occasion, and wore a gown of fine silk which was a deep, rich purple. Her hair had been styled in such a way that gave it height, but left elements free flowing. And of course there were the accessories, chief among which was a dazzling piece in her hair.

....so far so good...I just hope people arrive!!....

juni
Examinator
Examinator

Re: Senior Prom Part Deux (Everyone!)

Post by juni » 2012-04-19 15:43

Juni was in a simple black dress, as typically befitting the minimalist style on a professional musician, which she was probably anything but. While she did know how to play a viol, it had been months since she really played one, though such skills apparently wouldn't go unnoticed by ISIS, and she was soon tasked with taking a spot with the musical accompaniment, to provide a nice vantage for watching the audience.

To polish off her skills, she had gone through lessons and nearly a week of practice, and after the hard work her skills were probably up to par. She wasn't a virtuoso player by any means, and to ensure the roughness of her skills wouldn't be too much of a hindrance, they had her playing the viola.

Entering with a few other members of the band, she hoped to slip in unnoticed. The rather subdued and minimalist approach would work well enough, she hoped, and besides, she was getting a double paycheck out of it. (Isn't Drav nice.) While she had makeup on, she had few accessories. After all, it wouldn't do for someone in the orchestra to outshine any of the women of the hour. Still, she looked rather good for those limitations.

As she entered, she realized she wasn't the first to arrive. There were a lot of very similar looking individuals. The similarities were impeccable, and it wouldn't really surprise her if they were clones, but she knew better than to ask such things. Perhaps what stood out most was another woman in a rather elegant dress. She wasn't being paid for her social skills, and figured she'd avoid any chitchat for now, if she could.
"What did you expect from an inverse square law?...in bed!" -- a questionable fortune cookie with addendum.

Mouse
Freelancer
Custom Title: We're a package deal, me & Ghost
Organizational Unit: Ghostbusters

Post by Mouse » 2012-04-21 19:20

"Are you frakkin' with me?!" Mouse said outloud to her empty room, her voice cracking as it rose in pitch. She was looking at the contents contained within a long, slender white box that had been waiting for her when she returned to her room. The teen had no idea who the package was from or what it was.

Mouse was stunned to see such an extravagance waiting for her. Never before had she been given a gift so perhaps it was understandable when the girl began to cast a wary eye around her room, as if searching for the hidden camera or waiting for someone to pop out unexpectedly to snatch it away and laugh maniacally at her while pointing a jabbing finger in her direction.

But no such thing happened. In fact, Mouse even went to the door to check up and down the hall to see if anyone was lurking but the place seemed practically void of life. It should be that way, too. Ghost's private ship was inhabited by just the two of them so the only other warm body onboard at any given time should be Tyler. His whereabouts were not known to the girl at the moment, either. Still, she dared to venture out of the bunk room and up the hall a little, keeping an eye out for the man who was not only Mouse's best friend, but her guardian as well.

Even on the way back to her bunk room, Mouse cast a wary eye down the opposite end of the hall but didn't see anything that would indicate anyone else was on the ship with her. "Hnh." She grunted to herself quietly, leery of the silence surrounding her, but she went back to her room and allowed herself to feel excited anticipation at what could possibly be inside of that box on her bed.

Mouse walked over and stood next to the bed. There was a large red bow on top and a card tucked underneath. The girl was afraid to touch it, afraid it would just disappear in thin air if she dared to allow herself to get too excited over the prospect of receivng a gift. The girl brought her left hand up and nervously chewed down her left thumbnail, a nasty habit she'd developed while owned by that slimey Bothan. Mouse studied that present as if it would take strategic planning to open it. Ghost, had he been watching, would have smiled, seeing the way she'd been reacting.

Finally the girl moved with resolve, reaching for the card but at the last minute drawing her hand away. She wasn't sure. Perhaps it was a gift meant for someone else, like maybe that Laryssa bitch and Ghost had just set it down in here because he forgot something else. Maybe he'd be back in a few minutes to retrieve it. Mouse fidgeted, paced the room, and when she was positive that at least fifteen minutes had passed with no signs of Ghost coming to pick the gift up, she spun around on her heels and eyed the box square on from across the room.

Determined now and the devil be damned, Mouse would have that gift! So she marched across the room, closing the distance from the far wall to the cot in four long strides, she swiped the card from beneath the bow as if she owned it! For just a moment though, Mouse was certain that peeling the card from the gift set off an unseen trap, she looked up and around just to be sure someone or something wasn't about to pounce.

The tip of her finger slid beneath the flap of the envelope and slid across, breaking the seal. Mouse peeked inside then withdrew the small placard sized card. The outside was beautifully pressed, the image of an exotic flower Mouse had only seen once in an advertisement. She ran her fingertips over the image, memorizing the way the raised image felt beneath her fingers. A small, crooked grin pulled at her lips.

Very carefully she flipped the card open and read what was hand-written inside. It was Ghost's handwriting, of that she was certain. It read:
"Sixteen should be sweet. Especially for you. Have fun."
Mouse bit her lower lip, her thoughts turning quite serious as she slowly re-folded the card and slipped it back into its envelope then set it on her cot next to the package. Her motions careful, Arabella pulled one of the two tails from the ribbon and slowly unravelled the tie. Then she lifted the lid from the box and slowly peeled back one of the folds of red tissue paper, then the other. The young lady stared down at the black dress within, it's dark color such a striking contrast to the vivid red tissue paper cradling it tenderly.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Mouse arrived on the Intimidator by Imperial shuttle, apparently pre-arranged by Ghost. The girl almost dared herself to feel special for the night but knew better than to truly let down her guard. Still, it was kind of nice to experience the wonder of being a teen and going to her first dance, even if she knew it would come to an end and reality would greet her in the morning.

The dress Tyler had chosen for her was a simple black ensemble that he had paired with simple black heels. Arabella cleaned up rather nicely and she only managed to stumble and stagger awkwardly in the first few steps of departing the shuttle. Those who saw what she'd done snickered but at least they were polite enough to do so under their breath. One couple even had the manners to turn their heads and clear their throats when her eyes landed right on them, burning a hole right through with a baleful glower.

Mouse despised those with wealth. Or, more to the point, she despised those with wealth who thought they were better than everyone else, those who also hoarded their precious credit chits, rare collections, and shining jewels.

"Identification," came a tinny voice from inside the buckethead armor of an Imperial stormtrooper who had stopped her. Looking around, Mouse could see that she wasn't the only one being detained and required to show proof of identity. Everyone had to pass thru security.

"Oh. Well, you know, I think I have it here somewhere," she said while fumbling around to open the latch on the purse that had also been included with the dress. Mouse sure hoped Ghost thought of everything because she sure as hell hadn't. People began to look at her and Mouse could feel her cheeks flushing; going from rosy pink to rose red as the heat rose in her face. Mouse had never owned a purse and so her handling of the item was less than professional, to say the least.

Finally with a loud snap, the teen grinned a the stormtrooper and passed on a nervous chuckle. Apparently the man behind the white mask wasn't impressed for he stood there just as stoic and emotionless as ever. "Right," Mouse muttered, then began to rummage through the items stored inside the purse. "Ah, here it is." The girl produced her ID and handed it over. Robotically, the stormtrooper scanned the image on the ID and compared it to the girl standing before him. He checked the name with a simple scan and reviewed the information that popped up on his H.U.D. He handed the plastic card back to the girl and waved her through without so much as a word.

Mouse stood there and looked at the trooper, slowly taking her ID card from him and blindly stuffing it back into the purse. "Well don't I feel violated. Don't worry, I wasn't expecting you to respect me in the morning," she said sarcastically. Then she moved beyond the check point and on toward the lifts, muttering not-so-nice things under her breath.

Arabella thought she had been muttering more quietly than she truly was for the next thing she heard was a loud gasp, as if a woman had been shocked beyond belief. The look of horror on the woman's face made Mouse think she had a booger hanging from her nose or smeared across her cheek. "What?! What is it? Do I have something on my face? Did I grow a second head?" The teen was seriously about to panic when the elder woman's husband tsk'ed loudly and, shaking his head, dragged his wife to a lift further down from the one Mouse had come to stand before.

"Well?! Do I?!" She swiped at her cheeks with her palms, several times, just to be certain. Then, after glancing to make sure those around her were at least faking at paying her no mind, turned to see her blurry, fun-house-mirror-like reflection in the metallic frame of the lift to make sure there weren't any nasty yellowy-green lugi's hanging from her nose. Caught red-handed by another patron on his way to the dance, Mouse lowered her head sheepishly and hurriedly entered the lift, managing to only trip once and smash the toes of another. "Sorry!"

It was very apparent that the sixteen-soon-to-be-seventeen year old was very nervous. It showed in her posture, her body language, and most revealingly in her dark chocolate eyes. When the lift stopped and she saw the masses departing, Mouse figured it was the level to get off at so she followed. Her heel caught in the crack between the lift and the floor, twisting her ankle and making the girl stagger and drop toward the fall in an awkward pose. It looked much worse than it felt and was more embarassing than that!

A hand smoothed her skirt some and a few more nervous twitches finally had the girl back on the right track. Squaring her shoulders, her chin held high, Mouse strolled into the Admiral's Hall and looked around as she stepped aside. The dance floor was empty - for now - but there was a D.J kicking off with some of the latest music being played around the galaxy. A dico ball or three hung from the ceiling, the lights were dim, and there was a lavish spread of finger foods covering three tables that had to be nearly as long as the hall itself. A variety of species began to trickle in, some of which Mouse had never seen the likes of before.

The girl didn't know if Ghost was going to come to the dance or not. And if he did, she didn't know if he'd be bringing that chick from his past, another woman, or going solo. Secretly, she hoped he'd come in and dance with her, her first dance. Mouse never told the man - or anyone else for that matter - but she had quite the crush on him. Hell, it was only just recently that the teen would admit it to herself.

Arabella strolled the perimeter. It was safer. This way she couldn't trip and fall on someone or stomp on their feet. She saw the walls had been banked with dark blue silk. Large ropes of spun gold pulled the heavy curtains aside, exposing a most impressive view of space from the viewports. It actually took Mouse's breath away. The girl came upon the entry for the section of the hall that had been quartered off for those who wanted to sit and more formally dine. The tables were covered in fine linen, decorated with gorgeous center-pieces, and lit softly by the impressive chandeliers hanging from above.

Suddenly Mouse felt very much out of her element. She wasn't use to such class. She was use to dirt and grime, crude, rude talking men, and picking her next meal from the trash outside of the restaurants along skid row. Feeling quite small, Mouse just found a corner where she could watch the festivities and go unnoticed by the masses. It was probably also safer this way. Not just for her, but for those poor feet around her.

Lucius Nova
Operative
Operative
Custom Title: Analyst

Post by Lucius Nova » 2012-05-10 00:01

Lucius eyes sparked with excitement as he entered the room. Never before had he been to something like this. He had spent so much of his life studying, and these days spent so much of his life reading that sometimes it felt like he never did anything other than work or study. The invitation as part of the crew of the Monte Cassino had been a welcome one. With a grin he headed to the bar and ordered champagne.

As he sipped his glass he turned around, his ocular implants taking in the scene and little lightning sparks.

...now this...this I could get used to....

Analysts were the unsung heroes of the federation. They beavered away day and night to get the kind of information troops in the field needed. Nobody would ever praise the analyst who decrypted a file, cracked a code, or pieced together the enemy's battle plan from fragments. Lucius had earned this night off. The only question was where it would all go...

Evethius Actonius
Senator
Senator
Custom Title: Senator for Seswenna Sector

Post by Evethius Actonius » 2012-05-10 01:04

Evethius had been looking at the datapad and toying with it idly on his desk. These were the kind of Federation wide invitations Senators normally rejected with glee, perferring the kind of parties so exclusive that even mentioning them was enough to rescind your invitations. Other senators of course preferred to plot and scheme rather than have some kind of normal existence, so that their lives were measured through their contribution to a cause, or opposition to it. These Senators, while some were good were in the end, simply sad reflections of human beings.

With a grin, Evethius decided he would go. He touched a control panel on the desk and commenced a vidcall to Rivoche.

"Yes?"

"Good Morning. How would you feel about attending something whimsical, but interesting?"

"You know how I feel about whimsical. But why is it interesting?"

"You may get to meet a few Federation powerbrokers."

"You've got my interest husband. What is it?"

"Its an invitation. Second Chance Dance. Supposedly its themed around a secondary school graduation night. Its on Grand Admiral McFini's ship."

"Well of itself its sounds more juvenile than interesting, but a Grand Admiral's flagship is an opportunity I cant pass up. I'll go with you husband"

"Thank you wife. I'll be in my quarters soon, meet me there. "

As he killed the connection he rose and went to take an air taxi back to his home. After all, he could hardly enter the event without the proper outfit. He was still a Senator married to a Tarkin.

The change of outfit and quick sonic shower was enough to give Evethius a fresh appearance. He wore simple black trimmed with a stylish gold trim. In the heady days of the Empire, minimalist style was favoured by many Senators. Evethius himself had a varied wardrobe, but tonights event hardly called for the most ostentatious outfts. Also, there was the danger of outshining Rivoche.

As he exited the dressing room Rivoche exited hers and smiled at him. He grinned and extended his arm which she took and they boarded the shuttle together. The trip was short an uneventful and before long he was at the dance, nodding to Mirandrax and as he entered the room, introducing her to the crew from the Monte Cassino.

It was early days, but it was promising.

Brigid Ohm
Agent
Agent
Custom Title: Bella Tigre

Post by Brigid Ohm » 2012-05-11 07:46

Not once in Brigid’s life had anything been as beautiful and innocent as she supposed a girl in her teens was supposed to be; this dance, if anything, was not her second chance but her first. Thinking of what had happened to her home and her mother and the complete hell that happened afterward all during her teen years would do her no favors as she got herself ready, her eyes flicking over the invitation that she had received sitting on her dresser.

The agent had wrestled with herself enough about going that she had barely bought her dress the evening before, a flattering number in smooth midnight blue satin that held itself delicately against her curves just so. If anything, if she did not end up enjoying herself she could leave just as quietly as she arrived, no harm no foul. Brigid knew only about a handful of people that were attending, and while she never minded meeting with a few new faces, this was just so... out of her element.
That rarely, if ever happened; she had prided herself on being a sociable person, at the very least pleasant company should one be so inclined to ask of her. Her thoughts had been occupied with this all the way to the event, causing her to hesitate once a valet had opened her door.

She knew that the source of her apprehension was not the event itself, but the memories that could possibly surface from it: Most of these people had been in school for the majority of the time that she had been in slavery. First chances, second chances.. what did it matter? She walked into the festivities proper, hoping to find a drink and somewhere to sit as soon as possible before her bitter memories threatened to consume her.

Just one look, that was all this was. Perhaps she had not missed out on much after all.

Dravius Stari
Marshal
Marshal
Custom Title: Director of Imperial Space Force Operations

Post by Dravius Stari » 2012-05-11 08:07

In truth Dravius preferred not to wear dress uniform. However, with his robes and mask he could be found to be breaching regulations every day he was a member of the armed forces, and so when it was required he wore it. Tonight was one of those occasions. His robes still covered most of the uniform, but when he stood the robes fell away and the splendour of the some 40 odd awards he had accrued during his time as an officer shone through. A Vice Marshal's rank bar was also hard to miss.

His own ship, the Shogun remained docked peacefully in the hangar bay of the Grand Admirals ship. For events like this, he often used the ship as with the clouds of war on the horizon such extravagances would soon be short lived. Mirandrax had already been cramming the Monte Cassino with as much supplies as she could in preparation for war. Its clone crew did not lack for morale however, and the ship was doing well.

When he had signed the bills for this event, the cost had been large, but it had been worth it. Mirandrax unlike the clones had highly developed emotions and they needed to be dealt with the way any other human he dealt with had emotions, save for perhaps the Supreme Commander. He however was simply too busy to run off sobbing like a small child everytime something irritated him and so Dravius never expected anything from the Supreme Commander other than orders, or occasionally a proposal. The look in Mirandrax face as he told her that he was organizing this event alone was worth it. He had built her confidence to command, and now he had to build her confidence as as person. Thankfully a stream of guests were arriving and this would no doubt leave the young officer with much to ponder.

As Dravius offered a slight nod to Mirandrax as he entered the room, and she responded with a smile that would have melted the armour off a stormtrooper with its brightness. As the Vice Marshal acknowledged the clones he made his way to the bar to greet the bartender. After a quick word he noticed a woman by herself, ostensibly surveying the scene. His mask had rudimentary systems, and so he could not identify the girl via implant, but a lightning fast move with his fingers revealed tiny datapad hidden in the robes that showed she was an ISIS Operative. ISIS implants never identified by name, but provided the branch and rank. As quickly as the blademasters hands slipped the datapad out, it was back in the robes, hidden from the world.

As the robes receded and his uniform became more prominent Dravius made his way over slowly.

"Good evening Operative. Welcome. I am Vice Marshal Dravius Stari of the Space Force. I hope you approve of the decorations"

A start had been made. But where would it go?

Bara Menuk
Flight Officer
Flight Officer
Custom Title: A lost soul

Post by Bara Menuk » 2012-05-12 07:02

Bara was so confused she read the message three times, and then checked with the first officer she could. He had burst out laughing and placed a hand on her shoulder before explaining that sometimes officers on Navy ships held events for the Federation that were Federation wide. He explained that everyone had been invited and while attendance wasn't compulsory, it was in poor form if you were able to make it and didnt go. Bara had smiled and nodded at the man, and thanked him before slinking back to her own dorm.

With a sigh she looked at the message for a fourth time.

.....this is.....this is so pointless....I don't care about the glorification of some Captain's ego, even if it is a woman. I don't know anyone, I wont meet anyone. This is just stupid.....

At that point, a pillow hit her in the head and she turned around to look at who threw it in anger. Bara was slight, but she was no coward. She relaxed as she saw the form of Cadet Watkins.

"Don't just mope at it Bara. You're coming along. You may even find a cute guy"

Watkins was male, but the other two roomates were female and they all giggled as she scowled back at them. Bara was known as something of a longer already, even though she had only been there for a short time. Still, despite his insufferable arrogance, Watkins had a softer side. He said it was because he had a sister that looked like Bara, which she doubted because he was much larger and had different coloured hair and eyes.

That thought made her grin a wry grin, which the others took as acceptance.

"See girls, she is just like you. Now im going to dress in Cadet Smythe's quarters. You girls take care of Bara and get her nicely dressed. "

"Watkins, shes not your sister or your girlfriend and she definately wont become your girlfriend. But we will take care of her"

The other girls pushed him out and the door slid shut. The two cadets grinned at each other and then looked at poor Bara who was sitting up very straight and looking at the two female cadets.

"I am not a doll you know. I can dress myself"

The cadets giggled as they sat beside her.

"We know Bara. Knucklehead was right though, you need a night off. We all need one. Just wear something that brings out those beautiful green eyes of yours."

"I have hideous eyes....but...its nice of you to say it"

With a sad smile she stood and opened her footlocker, removing the simple grey dress. As she laid it on the bed the other cadets stepped back and nodded their approval, before rooting through their own footlockers for their best clothing. Space was at an incredible premium at the academy. Although there was rumours of a plan to move it to a new location, the war would essentially force those plans to be on hold for the moment. She removed a golden bow and a black choker. The dress was complimented by beige shoes. Although Bara had money, she preferred an understated elegance although perhaps the girl herself would have never used the term.

She ducked into the refresher and made quick use of the sonic shower, before stepping out in a bathrobe and dressed quickly. Using a small compact mirror she applied a thin layer of cosmetics and then tied the golden bow to her hair. As she smoothed out the last of the brown locks, she noticed that the colour scheme had indeed brought out the green in her eyes.

As she stood next to her bunk waiting for the other cadets, they emerged and both grinned.

"Well done"

"Thanks Kylie. We should go"

The cadets took Bara and linked arms with her as they exited. Before long they were on a sentinel shuttle with other students from the academy and Bara made idle chatter with Watkins and Kylie. Xerxa played along, teasing her and then complimenting her. The ride was short enough and they saw the massive shape of the Intimidator. Watkins spoke up first

"The Grand Admiral knows how to name a ship. I wouldn't wanna face that baby in battle. I don't wanna preach, but be careful guys. We can get lost or worse on a ship like this"

The others had quietened down as they saw the visage of the great ship and Bara couldnt help but agree. She suppressed an urge to shiver as the shuttle docked and they made their way to the ballroom. While Xerxa and Kylie went to get Bara some champagne, Watkins went to try and talk to a Sergeant Smythe, who looked as if he could kill a man with a butter knife and grizzly look.

Bara took a moment to explore with her eyes noticing a woman talking to a man, groups of soldiers discussing things and finally a girl in the corner. With a small smile she headed over.

"Hi. I'm Bara. Do you feel as out of place as I do?"

Bara hoped the other girl did because honestly, she was beginning to wonder just what the hell she was doing at a party on a Grand Admirals ship.

Mouse
Freelancer

Post by Mouse » 2012-05-13 03:46

From Mouse's position, tucked out of the way in some dimly corner, she had a terrific vantage point. The young girl could see everyone entering. It really was quite spectacular to see how everyone was dressed. The guys all looked so nice, so handsome, in their dress uniform's or black tie suits. The women looked incredible! Their dresses of the finest materials the galaxy had to offer, their hair styled in the latest do's, and their make-up was perfect.

For a brief moment, Mouse wondered if her mother would have looked so nice if she had been in attendance at a function such as this. But the thought was only brief. The girl never really thought of her mother, not since her mother stopped giving thoughts about her own daughter eight or more years ago.

Arabella turned her thoughts elsewhere. As she watched couples walk in, she imagined how the rest of the evening would turn out for them. She saw many important people but had no idea who they were or that they were probably amongst the most elite, most important people in the galaxy. She saw a very lovely woman with beautiful blond hair wearing a very sleek and sexy dress of deep violet. The woman really was very pretty and it made Mouse feel uncomfortable for Arabella knew that she could never be that pretty.

Luckily her attention fell on a young man with a shock of blond hair. But it wasn't his hair that drew the teen's attention. It was the commanding look of his eyes. Considering how young Mouse was guessing his age to be, perhaps barely into his twenties, she was surprised that he could possess such a commanding presense. 'Bella wondered if she could ever pull off such attitude?

Another man entered. He must have known the really pretty blond lady that 'Bella first noticed because he nodded to her. This one sure liked to smile. A lot. It wasn't that he had an unpleasant smile. Quite the contrary. He had a very nice, a very relaxing smile. It reminded her of politicianas. She knew the type. The ones who would smile to your face while shaking your hand to get your vote, but the minute you looked away, they were stealing the candy from your kid's hand and taking the retirement money from your bank accounts in the blink of an eye. "Mhm. Got you pegged," she muttered to herself, shifting from foot to foot every ten minutes or so because her shoes were beginning to hurt her feet.

Arabella thought that maybe if she walked around some her feet wouldn't hurt so bad. The first few steps she took, the girl did so carefully until she got use to the heels in motion again. But she didn't go too far. She was growing quite fond of this little corner of the room, after all. Just a few paces to the right, then a few back to the left. If this didn't help then she planned to just find a seat somewhere and park it for a little while longer.

A woman with gorgeous mocha skin entered. She was breathtaking. It made Mouse a little sad, though, because she knew she could never enter a room and take anyone's breath away. No one gave the lowly street rat the time of day now, aside from Ghost, so why would she ever think that could change in the future?

A very stoic and imposing figure soon entered. In fact, this one kind of gave 'Bella the creeps so, though it was tough to do, the girl peeled her eyes away and forced herself to look at something else, anything else. Luckily for her, a trio of females came strolling in soon after. The looked pretty and at least two of the three gave the distinct impression that they belonged here, unlike Mouse.

Still, the street rat was rather surprised when one of the three girls broke away from the other two and came over, then introduced herself. Mouse smiled, her usual lopsided and crooked grin that emerged whenever she was very nervous and way out of her usual element. The teen snorted softly through her nose while nodding her head and scratching at an itch at the back of her right arm. "Incredibly," the girl said, a light blush tinting her otherwise creamy cheeks with some color. "And hi. I'm Mouse," Arabella said, returning the introduction.

Bara Menuk
Flight Officer
Flight Officer

Post by Bara Menuk » 2012-05-13 15:49

Bara grinned in reply. Her roomates had struck up a conversation with the bartender to which she felt slight relief. She smiled a softer smiled and continued.

"Mouse? cute name. I'm glad someone else feels like this whole thing is way beyond them. I've only been in this thing a little while and suddenly im getting told I need to go to a dance? this wasnt in the manual. Anyway what do you in the Federation?"

Bara was grateful just to enjoy a nice, civilized conversation for once. Even if the girl lived up to her name and dissappeared through a small space in the bulkhead, it was nice to talk to someone new and not have to think about the inane things that cadets thought about. As far as Bara was concerned, STARS should make sure conversation was nice and simple, and light. That way everyone would be friendlier and nicer.

She waited for Mouse to continue.

Brigid Ohm
Agent
Agent

Post by Brigid Ohm » 2012-05-16 01:25

Brigid had to give herself credit for not outright giving an affected little start of surprise at the Vice Marshal’s approach, though she took a moment to observe his attire carefully as she responded. Despite his uniform, she did not recognize the thick cloak he was clad in, nor his mask, and she cocked her head quizzically to the side, a coy smile alighting on her lips. The manner in which he spoke was a bit.. different as well, though not necessarily bad; he was certainly something. Either this was a costume party and she was not informed, or he was a droid.

The agent held out her hand to shake his cordially, then blushed lightly in surprise as he gingerly took it within his palm and brushed it against where his lips would have been had he not been wearing the mask. Well, at least he had been programmed well.

“Certainly, it is a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Stari.” She supposed it would befit the situation if she were not as formal in her demeanor. Still, she was a bit wary at his ability to ascertain her as an ISIS member without being in uniform or even saying as much to him. She schooled herself to feign indifference even though he now held her utmost attention. It was in her experience that such enigmas did not present themselves without due cause, and she determined to find out what his was.

“Indeed, yes. Everything is absolutely lovely. Truth be told, I never attended my own senior prom, so I lack for a basis of comparison.” She laughed lightly as she took a sip of her champagne, her gaze flicking warmly back onto him. “If it were as marvelous as this, then I agree that I had missed out.” Of course, she would not elaborate on the circumstances as to why, but he seemed satisfied with her answer.

“And you, Vice Marshal? Hoping to relive a bit of the past?”

Dravius Stari
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Dravius Stari » 2012-05-17 11:38

Dravius watched B with the detached fascination of a scientist. If you could call a man without emotions capable of such a state as fascination.

His eyes took in every detail of her. She was approx 165.1 cm tall, and approximately 55 kilograms in weight, judging by the structure of her body. Her eyes were a deep and rich brown, the colour of Chewbaccas fur. Her skin, was a much lighter brown, the same colour as the chocolates favoured by Rivoche Tarkin-Actonius, the Senator's wife. And her hair was raven-black, mysterious and foreboding.

The gown was designed to draw the eye of an onlooker. The gown itself, which was a midnight blue satin, a material known for its expense and how good it looked on the various models of the galaxy certainly did the job of drawing your eyes to it alone. The gown was also designed to draw the eye of an onlooker to the girl in it who clearly had the physical attributes to enable the wearing of such an item of clothing. The matrix created a new file for the operative. Always when a person was met was a file created.

Not without a hint of irony did Dravius note that the operative was not exactly an open book. The manner of hers, friendliness with a hint of seduction was standard fare in the ISIS playbook. Over his years in the Federation he had seen many females use wise to kill, to obtain promotions, to exert influence and sometimes, just to get a date.

As the matrix was lightning fast, barely a moment of time had passed when the Vice Marshal offered a gentle nod of encouragement. He then spoke. It was not a monotone exactly. Such a description was for one who lacked sufficient intelligence to determine the difference between neutral and monotone. The pilot could and did vary the volume of his words which was his way of providing inflection. Gestures were another, and there was of course touch, which he was generally speaking averse to. But overall the effect was a neutral tone.

"A pleasure? you are most kind operative. Although I admit to being at a disadvantage in not knowing your name. Don't tell me I have to arrange an interrogation."

Seeing her sly smile he continued.

"I am glad you approve of the decorations. I am responsible for this. Not quite to the standard of the Hapan Palace, but I don't exactly have the budget of a Prince"

As he paused she smiled, less sly and more genuine. Her face appeared to light up when she did, in perhaps the most honest moment between them so far.

"I am sorry you missed out on your chance for a senior prom. As for me, I relieve the past every day. Training, training and training."

"And this" He tapped the mask gently and continued "does not make for the kind of dance attire that attracts pretty girls. Present company excluded of course"

...engaging in the practice of flirtation is outside mission parameters...be mindful or a correction will be applied....

The matrix in its own unsubtle way had placed logical limits on even the potential for emotional entanglement. But Dravius was not an average man, and not subject to the average whims of average men. He would not throw caution to wind in an attempt to dive into the seas of lust. Instead, he would banter with the mysterious operative and respond to events as they unfolded.

After all, that was what they taught him in training.

Mouse
Freelancer

Post by Mouse » 2012-05-18 01:10

The corner's of Mouse's mouth dimpled from a small smile and a light blush coloring her cheeks. She'd never had someone, male or female, say they thought her nickname was cute. Mouse never thought the words 'cute' and 'Mouse' went very well in the same sentence. So her "Thanks," was a bit mumbled and Bara might not have even picked up on it.

The orphan didn't receive compliments very often so they made her feel quite uncomfortable, as if Mouse felt that she wasn't deserving of them. Correction: The orphan did feel that way. Of course, when one grew up pretty much being told that they were nothing but an unwanted burden by the very people who were suppose to love and care for her, it's understandable that she feels this way.

Mouse shifted her weight from right to left and back again. Her feet were really beginning to hurt like there was no tomorrow. Arabella was beginning to wonder just why women wore heels in the first place? She'd heard it said that wearing heels made a woman's legs look really good and that the position it forced their body into was apparently attractive in the eyes of men. Mouse glanced over toward the drop-dead gorgeous blond wearing the pretty purple dress. The girl's eyes looked the woman up and down once. Mouse nodded, agreeing with what she'd heard. Of course she also thought, if I had a body like that, I'd imagine that I could make a rancor costume look sexy as hell.

'Bella smirked slightly and turned her attention to Bara. "What do I do in the Federation? That's a really good question. What do I do? Mouse wasn't sure how to answer that question really. Not like it was an incredibly hard question, mind, but she hadn't been prepared to answer anything like that.

So, looking a bit sheepish and very out of place, Mouse gave Bara a crooked, uncomfortable grin, and said the first thing that came to mind. "I don't do anything. My ... guardian ... is in the Federation and he thought it'd be a swell idea for me to experience the humiliation of a dance. Guess it's suppose to be some sort of learning experience, who knows." 'Bella rolled her chocolatey eyes and snicker-snorted through her nose. It wasn't a lie, either.

"Hey, do you mind if we sit down? These things are killing me! I'm about to kick 'em off and go running around barefoot." Mouse and Bara moved to one of the tables and claimed a couple of chairs for themselves. As soon as Mouse sat down, she slid her shoes off and wriggled her toes, sighing with content. "I'll be a guy came up with the stupid idea that women should wear killer shoes." Mouse shook her head and muttered something about stupid men then asked Bara, "You enlisted? What do you do? How long have you been in?"

Bara Menuk
Flight Officer
Flight Officer

Post by Bara Menuk » 2012-05-19 11:22

Bara grinned as the young girl mumbled thanks. Bara herself was still a young girl, and she suspected the age differential between them was probably only a few years. It also reminded her that some girls had sisters, and she did not. When her parents had died any chance for her to have sisters went with them. She was all that was left, and she wasn't likely to have a family anytime soon.

...not that it matters.....

With a soft giggle she replied.

"A guardian? that seems like such a formal term. Honestly, I had you pegged as like an intel officer or something. Well whoever your guardian is, don't be too hard on them for bringing you here - its probably just an attempt to try and do something nice for you. My father once took me to a ball after we had a fight. We patched our differences up there"

She frowned for a moment as she suppressed the feelings that were welling up inside her and threatening to come out and overwhelm her. As she forced them back down a wry grin crept on her face, both in regards to what Mouse had said and because everytime she beat down those feelings, it made her realise she wasn't weak, even though she was slight.

As they sat down and Bara heard Mouse slide her shoes off she grinned.

"I know what you mean. I never really felt comfortable these things. Miss purple over there looks like she was born into silk and heels. I bet if she was an officer she'd go into battle in a swimsuit. As for me, i'm just in flight school at the academy. I'm technically an officer but when your at the academy EVERYONE is more senior than you."

Brigid Ohm
Agent
Agent

Post by Brigid Ohm » 2012-05-20 07:46

As mechanically as the mysterious Vice Marshal sometimes expressed himself, Brigid was pleased to find that he was not without his own fashion of wit or humor. She laughed softly at the remark about his mask and how it had been prone to deterring the attentions of young women. His methods of flirtation certainly were unique, though not necessarily unwarranted; she found herself settling easily into the conversation now that she had a small taste of his character despite his previously oppressive appearance. What could it hurt?

The agent had been flattered by his wry compliment, but had always known that she was no shrinking violet: The mask was a bit intimidating at a first glance, but certainly nothing for any woman of mettle to really startle herself over. Either way, as he was one of the coordinators of the event she was sure that he had only meant to thank her for her attendance as any proper host would.

“Then perhaps if a lady is only intrigued about the mask and has no thoughts of the face concealed behind it, then perhaps she was not worth the effort in the first place.” She let her words hang implicitly in the air about them as she took another sip of her champagne, a light chuckle thrumming onto the flute from her lips. “But all you do is train, dear? Certainly a man of such tastes to decorate this event has more hobbies than merely training; Now that, I refuse to believe.”

Her gaze flicked over him carefully as she remarked about his choice of spending his free time, noting that he was built but not an unattractive bulk as many military men had slaved themselves into at the gym; this definitely suited better to her own personal tastes. Brigid slowly felt the drink smooth over her senses, lace into her words as she spoke now, her tone warming with promise.

“But I must say.. if I may be so bold to ask, why do you wear the mask? I do not think you would have anything to hide. A man as charming as yourself surely has nothing to hide in the wake of such charisma.”

They had moved further into the gala as they talked to sit across from one another at a booth in the corner, a vase of proud white lilies with a golden rose as accent set onto the table before them. The slightly obscured view behind the flowers added to the alluring mystique of this entire encounter, and Brigid for once wanted it to continue this sweet little game for a moment longer, uninterrupted.

Mouse
Freelancer

Post by Mouse » 2012-05-20 08:43

The right corner of Mouse's mouth crooked upward as the teen snorted a quick chuckle-breath through her nose while she cast a sidelong glance in Bara's direction as if she were crazy for thinking such a thing about 'Bella. "Intel? Really?" Mouse considered for a minute. "Why would you think that?"

She supposed guardian did seem like a formal term. It wasn't like Ghost had made anything legally official as far as becoming a legal guarding for Mouse but still, she thought, the term fit. Of course they were best friends but their relationship went even beyond that. It was almost more like an older-younger sibling thing. Sorta. It confused Mouse, really, only because she felt different lately whenever Ghost was around.

'Bella looked to Bara as she spoke of a memory involving her father and a dance. The orphan didn't say anything, but her eyes certainly did. They lowered and blinked once, then twice, slowly before falling upon her toes as envy passed through her soul. Mouse's own father walked out on his family when Mouse was just a child. That set off a chain of events that resulted in the teen eventually living on the streets and being forced to grow up pretty fast in order to survive. The girl was street smart and most definitely not book smart. Mouse could barely read and sign her name to anything since she hadn't been in school since she was eight years old, after all.

The girl's shoulders slumped as she slouched in her seat, hands loosely clutching the purse in her lap and her toes pointed inward at each other. As Bara spoke of the woman in purple Mouse looked across the lounge at her, too. She laughed at Bara's comment, nodding in agreement. "Flight school?" 'Bella peeled her eyes from the blond and regarded Bara. "I didn't know girls could do that. I bet you have to be pretty smart to go there," Mouse commented.

By this time more warm bodies had filtered in and some were taking to the dance floor. Mouse watched the crowd, bored out of her mind, though she did think it pretty neat that Bara came over and struck up a conversation. Every now and then, though, she'd glance at the entry when a new body or three arrived just to see if Tyler was entering. Each time it wasn't him, though, the girl was very disappointed.

"Have you been to one of these things before? What are we suppose to do?"

Dravius Stari
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Dravius Stari » 2012-05-20 14:35

Some time ago Dravius had been on an extended recon mission. They had used heavily modified craft to probe the edges of known space. During that time his colleague remarked that Dravius was well suited for these operations and should apply for them more. Apparently it was because despite the mask and robes, he was always seeking a new angle on the situation. Partially this was how he was designed - as pilots need to be able to find a new angle constantly - and partially it was because the matrix was never satisfied with one approach.

As the young operative flirted her way through the conversation, Dravius found her intriguing. Unlike the girls in the cantina, she was not rough and coarse. There was an element of refinement and grace to her. Hard to spot for one who had not spend years in the cantinas of the galaxy, but Dravius had and so he could see the touches of civility in her demeanour.

It also appeared she had something of a sense of humour. Dravius had something approaching that, but the reality was that it was simply his way of trying to make the person he was talking to seem at ease. Only his old apprentice had really gotten to the point where they both told tales of humour that they enjoyed - or as much as a man without emotions could enjoy.

He was aware she had moved them into a booth. Booth seating was somewhat unorthodox but Dravius preferred booth seating when it was available, and the Grand Admirals ship had enough space to accommodate it. Although the ship was heavily damaged frequently, its officers had the best morale in the fleet partially because the Grand Admiral did occasionally allow some of the space on his flagship for uses like this. As they slid into the booth her noted the way her eyes enlarged as the scent of the flowers wafted into her nostrils. His own sense of smell was more nuanced - it was trained to look for poisons rather than appreciate the smell of flowers.

"Well some women are intrigued by the mask. Others fear it. The concept of someone not being worth my time because of it? now that is indeed interesting."

She gave him a sly grin and a wink as he continued.

"I am a pilot and it is not easy, despite what some holo's have you think. So that took up much of my early years. I also trained with a blade. That didn't leave too much time for much else, but I managed to get into a little mischief now and then. These days between meetings and decisions I spend less time in the field than I should, and so I train hard to ensure when I am back in the field, I am not a burden to the pilots out there, but an asset."

She giggled gently, a sound that would be described as softly musical if he had been searching for an adjective.

"I took my inspiration from the Hapan Palace. It is truly a beautiful place. And what is life without beauty? I can tell you, id much rather be in this booth with you, than with a female wookie."

The reference to a female wookie obviously hit the mark and the Operative giggled again this time politely covering her mouth. Her eyes sparkled with interest.

"Boldness from an operative? You are a surprise package. As for the mask, lets just say that everyone has a secret or two. As in your case where your name seems to be on the classification level as the code to the Emperor's secret ice cream stash"

She grinned at him again in the sly manner she had before and offered him nothing but a big wink. It seemed that tonight had generated the rarest of things....possibilities.

Lucius Nova
Operative
Operative

Post by Lucius Nova » 2012-06-17 12:58

Lucius had by now sipped a few glasses of champagne and being a small made man not used to drinking, the alcohol hit him and he was tipsy although he didnt know it. He did however, have the courage born of alcohol and noticed two devastatingly beautiful young women alone at a table. He moved over to Flavius and nudged him gently whispering:

"Those two are alone. We should make our move"

Flavius grinned and nodded and the two walked over at a relaxed pace. They were hunting, but were very casual hunters. And besides, if enough top brass snuck into the room they'd all have to smile politely and sit awkwardly.

As they reached the table, Lucius heard one of the girls speak.

"Have you been to one of these things before? What are we suppose to do?"

"Perhaps I can help with that. Lucius Nova. There is a large dance floor and it is the second chance dance. My colleague Flavius Bretorius and I would be honored if you two ladies would join us"

With a winning smile he left it there. Who knew where this would go.

Mouse
Freelancer

Post by Mouse » 2012-06-18 00:45

Bara seemed to have a good bit of knowledge about these types of social events, for the girl opened her mouth to begin responding when her eyes diverted from the street rat and lifted. At the same time Mouse had noticed that a whisp of a shadow had fallen over her lap. He replied to the query Mouse had presented to Bara. But it wasn't his response that made the sixteen-almost-seventeen year old orphan sit straighter and draw a short breath of surprise. It wasn't even that he asked if they'd dance with he and his colleague. Mouse was just surprised he had come over to ask them at all.

Well, she could see why either of them would like to dance with Bara. The young woman was very pretty. She pulled off the whole delicate-but-strong very well. Bara also exuded femininity. Mouse knew she'd never be able to pull off anything that wasn't entirely within her nature, but to be both delicate and strong, feminine and yet as confident as any arrogant man? The street rat doubted very much that she'd ever be able to do that.

Mouse gave the one who had introduced himself as Lucius Nova a very nervous, very apprehensive smile. It was more like a quick upward quirk of the right side of her mouth. The teen felt quite warm all of a sudden, too. Her cheeks had become rosy, though Mouse was unaware that she was blushing. Her right hand fidgeted nervously with a small bead threaded into the side of her purse that had been resting in her lap.

The girl had never before been asked to dance, let alone approached by a member of the opposite sex in this way. She wondered if there were anything wrong with the young man for surely he was not asking her to dance. Mouse figured he meant to ask Bara if she would dance with him and that his friend, Flavius, was just tagging along to give Lucius moral support in the event Bara turned him down.

So Mouse looked from Lucius to Bara. Arabella didn't have any experience with social hoopla's like this, but the teen was even more clueless how to respond to the opposite sex. Afraid her voice would fail her, Mouse just titled her head to the side slightly, widened her eyes in a quick flash at Bara; indicating that the pilot should answer the young blond man before he walked away! But Bara just flashed Mouse an entirely different look in reply. It said, Uh, uh, uh honey. He's talking to you! Bara smiled demurely at Mouse.

The heart in Mouse's chest sank. Fear clutched her by the belly and it squeezed its grip tight. Mouse turned her look of dismay and shock from Bara and slowly turned her head back and up to look at Lucius while he patiently awaited some form of response. The whole scene just took a matter of seconds to pass, but Mouse felt like it was spanning eternity. The teen swallowed hard and her mouth flickered another nervous, unsure smile to Lucius.

"I don--", Bara suddenly jabbed Mouse in the side with her elbow and rather sharply. As soon as Mouse's head swung around to glower at the young pilot, Bara answered for her.

"She'd love to!" Bara even drew her lips back to reveal a very bright and pretty smile while slowly turning her eyes from Mouse to Lucius.

Mouse's jaw fell agape, her eyes widened and the teen lost her voice entirely. Arabella was so taken back by Bara's boldness that she couldn't even come up with a piss-poor excuse to turn the young man down. The orphan was amazed at how easily Bara's stern glare melted into a soft, almost flirty look. So amazed, in fact, that Mouse's expression changed just as swiftly and easily, clearly expressing the thought that immediately popped into her head. I wonder if I can do that?

Mouse rose from the chair, slowly, and looked to Lucius. "Apparently I'd love to," she said, then cast a hateful look over her shoulder down to Bara as she added, "Even though I can't dance!"

This made the two of the three around Mouse laugh light-heartedly. Lucius was gentlemanly enough not to laugh outright, but he was smiling merrily, his hand extended. "It's easy. I promise."

Arabella let Lucius take her by the hand. As he led her out to the middle of the dance floor, Mouse glanced around, as if looking for someone. Well, in a way, she was. Part of her was very relieved that Ghost wasn't here now. She couldn't imagine how he might react to her dancing with Lucius. Would he freak out? Would he keep a very close and guarded eye on the two of them? Okay, that she knew he would do irregardless of anything else.

Lucius turned to face Mouse and she followed his lead on where she should place her hands. Her right into his left, her left upon his right bicep. The teen flushed a bright, rosy pink. "I-I'll apologize now."

Lucius looked at her, confused as to why she'd be apologizing at all to him.

"For stepping on your toes, tripping over my own two feet and ..." The mention of "feet" made Mouse stop mid-apology as a memory came to her. Methodically, Mouse looked down between their two bodies to the floor. There, she saw Lucius's perfectly shined black dress shoes and her perfectly bare feet. Arabella had slipped her shoes off when she and Bara had sat down. The teen wriggled her toes then lifted her head. As she peered at Lucius, the girl smiled broadly at him. "Well, there is a bright side to my being barefoot, you know. At least your feet won't hurt nearly quite as much as if I'd had heels on."

Lucius Nova
Operative
Operative

Post by Lucius Nova » 2012-06-18 11:43

Lucius was hardly a ladies man. He was blind, slight, and had porcelain white skin. He was often awkward and was more comfortable with numbers than people. He quite possibly would have remained hidden within the bowels of ISIS until he retired or died until a chance meeting with a Vice Marshal changed all that. He had found himself assigned to new ships, given new responsibilities and a chance to excel. Someone believed in him and gave him the resources that allowed him to achieve. He had made friends and the clone crews welcomed him as one of them. They knew he was an outsider and they knew he did not hate them for what they were. They accepted his authority and never protested when he gave them orders.

In this situation...it was almost like his first day out of the academy. Where in the academy he had datadisks and the drive to succeed, on his first day there was nothing like that. There was orientation, fiefdoms and politics. Even at his level and station. All he wanted to do was to be left alone with a mountain of work and draw his wage. He was nearly denied even this, but the brilliance of his work shone through.

Tentatively he had taken his first steps into the world of socializing. The champagne had given him courage and he was grateful in the extreme to the other young girl who had propelled the stunning young thing in his direction with some words.

Even he could tell she was shy. Uncertain. She was out of place. An outsider. He always considered himself a social cripple, but it had never occurred to him that he was not the only outsider in a galaxy of trillions.

Her voice was soft, and yet smooth, like his favourite juice in its most refined form. Or the highly refined caf he sometimes drank on the ship. He smiled back gently at her as they headed towards the dance floor. Her next words surprised even more.

She was worried about the dancing. It struck him as intrinsically funny. Here was a barefoot girl apologizing to a blind man about her stepping on his feet. Knowing that she was painfully embarrassed, as he had felt the same before when people recognised his disability.

"Don't worry. I'm afraid I will have to do the apologizing. You see i'm technically blind and these are ocular implants"

With a gentle smile he saw her stare into his eyes as tiny lightning strikes appeared in the white of the eye, a sure sign he was excited. With a grin he saw the questions and replied to them only with a wink.

"I can see. Don't worry about that. And well. But I'm not very coordinated and there's always the chance my implants could fail, leaving me blind. So apologies if i step on those beautiful feet of yours"

With a gentle grin he began and they moved slowly to the music.