Flight of the Damned pt II (Heart of Darkness)

Moderator: S.T.A.R.S.

Ryan Korr
Learner
Learner
Custom Title: Deceased

Re: Flight of the Damned pt II (Heart of Darkness)

Post by Ryan Korr » 2012-03-12 18:18

"Now, we go on with our lives." Ryan said, far too simply. For any who knew him knew that Ryan never left things simple. It would almost seem as if he prided himself on wrapping wires of philosophy around everything he spoke perhaps for the confusion of those present. But not so now. "Do you wish to go on as a simple florist, Syn? Or do you want more? Only you can decide what is best for you."

"I am glad you consider my presence helpful, but I cannot control your life. Whatever you decide, I'll be here." Ryan said reassuringly. "In the meantime, if I'm not imposing, I will stay here for a few days. At least until my latest client responds."

What Ryan did for a living was a bit of a mystery. He seemed to take all sorts of jobs, popping up here and there. Long term goals seemed nonexistent, though people like Crystala assured themselves he had a secret plan to conquer or ruin some sector of the galaxy. If he did, it didn't seem apparent. In fact, Ryan himself seemed almost lost. Did he know what he was doing? Or did he just drift from place to place aimlessly, assuring himself that he had some special purpose? Perhaps something in those serpentine-green eyes whispered about his machinations. But those individuals who could parse out his thoughts would be rare indeed.

Mydnyte Syn
Freelancer
Custom Title: Mistress of Mayhem. Chaos is my Love.

Post by Mydnyte Syn » 2012-03-15 23:20

Mydnyte looked to Ryan for some time, wondering what was wrong with being a florist? She liked flowers. She liked receiving flowers, tending flowers, growing them, identifying them, smelling them, arranging them, even giving them. They represented what she could, at least in her eyes, never be: beautiful, desired, sometimes wild, handled with care ...

Softly she sighed, biting thoughtfully at her lower lip while looking to Ryan. Maybe he's right, I should want more for myself, Syn thought as she smiled softly. "Of course it's not an imposition, Ryan. I'd love to have you stay a few days." Aside from hoping to get to spend a little more time with the man, Mydnyte also didn't feel she could be - or should be - left alone just yet.

And though she wanted to ask Ryan about the client he mentioned, she wasn't one to pry. But aside from that, Mydnyte had the distinct impression that when - and most importantly, if - Ryan would tell her exactly what he wanted her to know and nothing more than that and he would do so in his own time. Then again, it could be that there was a feeling way down deep inside that it would be best if she didn't ask. Mydnyte didn't want to readily recognize that she was afraid to discover that maybe Ryan wasn't the wonderful man she thought he was.

Mydnyte glanced at the clock. She should have been at work by now. Closing her eyes and rubbing at her temples, Syn's next thought seemed far more true than anything else that had occurred during the past sixteen or so hours. You've lost your mind. "Ryan, what if I said to you that I want more?"

Ryan Korr
Learner
Learner
Custom Title: Deceased

Post by Ryan Korr » 2012-05-09 01:01

Green eyes shining like two emerald orbs, Ryan followed Syn's gaze to the clock and back. A frown creased his forehead, concern written on his features in lines of visible emotion. Jaw muscles clenched, knotting beneath pale flesh. Lips pursed slightly, tightening the already sharp lines of his high cheekbones.

"I don't think you should be going anywhere, not after what you've been through," he said, his voice a soft baritone. He stepped toward her, the shadows seeming to fold around him. "Everyone wants more, Syn, but there are two different people: those who wait endlessly, sometimes receiving what they want, sometimes not and then there are those who seize more. Destiny is a feeble entity," his voice became a whisper. "But for those who can grasp it, sense it, tremulous and tender as the night, it is worth seizing."

"Power is beautiful, but those who use it to wallow in their sloth and gluttony distort it. When we seek it to advance ourselves in knowledge, beauty, strength, that is the true purpose of power. Ascension. Whatever you desire, my angel, take it." He extended a hand to her and she took it. He twirled her gently around and pulled her close, the back of her head now resting against his chest. "It sharpens, heightens the sensations. Purge all thoughts of the life you once knew. Give into the darker side, let your fantasies unwind, and join me in the beauty of this power. Let your heart take you where you long to be. Only then can you belong... to me."

Mydnyte Syn
Freelancer
Custom Title: Mistress of Mayhem. Chaos is my Love.

Re: Flight of the Damned pt II (Heart of Darkness) - [Comple

Post by Mydnyte Syn » 2012-05-10 01:27

The smile that alit on Mydnyte's face as Ryan twirled her around and pulled her back against him could only be described as completely serene. Strange how the woman's mind seemed to be flipping switches so easily through her emotions. To see the two as they were right now -- he holding her so tenderly -- no one would ever suspect the violence that had transpired less than twelve hours ago.

Ryan spoke of dark fantasies as if they were nothing to fear. Perhaps they weren't, but to Mydnyte, the darkness itself was something to fear no matter the fantasies that lay within that dark embrace. For a moment Mydnyte wondered if she could so freely welcome the darkness into her life. She had shut it out, kept it prisoner within the confines of the barricades she'd erected over the years not just around her heart, but around her very soul.

But last night... Mydnyte's smile waned but she didn't free herself from Ryan's gentle embrace, not just yet. It was in his arms that she felt ...

When the realization finally dawned on the woman, that was when Mydnyte finally lifted her head and turned it to look at Ryan. Her eyes searched his. She was looking for ... permission? Maybe. Or maybe it was acceptance? Maybe it was a little of both? Syn turned in Ryan's arms, placing her palms flat against his chest as she studied his eyes more deeply. Her brows knit as she worked out thoughts in her head.

After a good five minutes, the right side of her mouth quivered, then began to lift in a small lopsided grin. There it is. Yes. She had found what she was seeking within those tumultuous emerald pools. The woman reached up with her right hand and cupped Ryan's left cheek, brushing her thumb over his chiseled high cheekbone gently. "I'm afraid, Ryan," she admitted in a whisper. "You have no idea what my dark fantasies are. I'm afraid of what I will become if I set them free and give in to them."

The more stared into his eyes, the longer he held her near, the deeper she breathed in his intoxicating scent, the stronger she felt and the more o-kay she felt. "My fantasies, Ryan, center on revenge. Taking back what was stolen from me and making those who hurt me suffer like no one has ever known." The lady's expression melted as soon as that admission was out. It went from one of studious curiosity to shamed sorrow. "Is that wrong? Is it truly natural to want to hurt those that have hurt you?"

Ryan didn't answer the woman in his arms, not right away. He could see the wheels spinning as he looked into her evocative blue eyes. "I'm not the type of woman to sit around and wait for things to be handed to her. Nothing has ever been handed to me. I'm not afraid to reach out and seize Destiny by the throat, Ryan. I think I'm just afraid of doing it alone."

The woman took a deep breath through her nose and let it out slowly. "I also don't think I know exactly how or where to begin." She looked to his shirt and watched the tip of her fingers lightly caress his chest, watching the way the material rippled gently beneath her gentle touch. "Would you help me?"

Ryan, whether he did it for show or just because he could - didn't answer the dark angel he held within his shroud of darkness immediately. He let his gaze continue to penetrate hers, to bore deep into her soul where it rooted deeply, in essence further solidifying the wickedly dark bond the bound her to him. Lowering his head until they were forehead-to-forehead, Ryan pressed a soft kiss to the tip of Mydnyte's button nose. "Yes, my angel. You have nothing to fear."

To Be Continued ...