Have your say on the storylines.
Jubar Bavvet
Senator
Senator
Custom Title: Politician
Organizational Unit: Rebel Alliance Political Party

Those Rascally Bothans

Post by Jubar Bavvet » 2014-05-04 20:48

It's been months in-story since we capture Jen'vey, I figured a trial, and a thread concerning it, would be appropriate for his heinous crimes, and interesting. Who's interested? If nobody, I'll scrap the idea and consider him on ice (carbonite freeze) for now.

Kane
Emperor
Emperor
Custom Title: Sith Apprentice
Organizational Unit: First Fleet NIFSS Nemesis

Re: Those Rascally Bothans

Post by Kane » 2014-05-04 21:35

I say kick it off and people will come.

jacenwesiri
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander
Custom Title: Sith Sorcerer, Supreme Commander, something else

Post by jacenwesiri » 2014-05-05 02:47

In all seriousness, a trial seems passe. That said, I would have assumed that if it were to have happened, it would have happened aboard the Nemesis, and would involve just Kane and a wooden spoon.

That said, I might have an idea for this. What if instead of just putting him on trial and executing him, we assume that Kane already worked his magic on Jen'vey. Then, for the defense, we have him give the Nuremberg Defense, that he was only following orders. As I understand it, he wasn't necessarily following orders per se, and even if he was just following orders, the paper trail would have been rather sanitized. Really, it doesn't matter if he was or wasn't, if we could fabricate the evidence. So ISIS comes up with some pretty looking pictures and everything else we need to give a halfway convincing case that the orders came from the top. (only halfway because wouldn't it look too convenient if everything fell into place?) Mai would have been perfect for that kind of thing, but she's not here. I'll offer up either of my ISIS agents to participate if needed. Scratch that, I'll volunteer, though I get the feeling that this is the type of thing where it'd be better to not have too many cooks in the kitchen.

Jubar, would that be something you can run with? Jen'vey's your character, so I figure it'd only be fair to let you decide how to dispose of him. Naturally, I'm down for pretty much anything.
"Don't worry guys, it's cool. We've got this, I'm Master Yi!" -- a questionable Yi player, who ended the game 2-16. We lost.

Jubar Bavvet
Senator
Senator
Custom Title: Politician
Organizational Unit: Rebel Alliance Political Party

Post by Jubar Bavvet » 2014-05-05 04:18

I'm hammering something out with Ace's permission...there are a few things we might be cooking up. :-) The way I see it, Jen'vey wouldn't straight up be executed--he knows far too much about Bothan intelligence for the NIF to just execute him, and could be useful understanding the Bothan Spynet's resources and knowledge, as well as knowledge of a few other things in SW canon, and the "Assembly" in general.

jacenwesiri
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander
Custom Title: Sith Sorcerer, Supreme Commander, something else

Post by jacenwesiri » 2014-05-28 04:05

Anyways, I made a post there. Hopefully there isn't too much wrong with it. I'd summarize it as Jacen messing with Jen'vey.

I made a suggestion that Jacen had ambushed a group sent to rescue Jen'vey. I was originally thinking to have had Jacen leak information to try to force either the NR or the Bothans to try to rescue him. I'm assuming that since Jubar wrote one shuttle, that this would be little more than a lone interdictor, probably something like a CC-7700 Frigate.

Then I thought about it, and I wanted a more ambiguous possibility, that maybe Jacen was lying about it, and had staged the evidence. So yeah, everything Jacen claimed happened is something that in my opinion it's not out of the realm of possibilities for Jacen to have the skill to have done. Also, it avoids a massive post setting that up, which would probably detract from the story. Well, maybe just interaction within the story. Of course, I would probably have done that, despite being a rather lazy poster, but I liked the ambiguity to it with this way.

I'm leaving it out in the open, but yeah, if there's any problems with that, I wouldn't mind editing it. And if Jacen really did manage to capture a ship like that, I can guarantee you that I won't have Jacen invoke it again as such.
"Don't worry guys, it's cool. We've got this, I'm Master Yi!" -- a questionable Yi player, who ended the game 2-16. We lost.