Have your say on the storylines.
Kyle Morrison
Commodore
Commodore
Custom Title: The Imperial Hammer
Organizational Unit: C-4 "Reaper" Battle Squadron

Re: Shakedown

Post by Kyle Morrison » 2014-02-28 02:12

On top of that, we're in chat nitpicking over the last 100 words needed to have the thread reach roughly 100,000 words total (not including oppo). I...I kinda hope my next SM is that well-liked. Damn.

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
Custom Title: Fleet Commander, Self-Proclaimed Bartender, Baron
Organizational Unit: Third Fleet, Task Force Conquest, ESD Intimidator

Post by Tavish McFini » 2014-02-28 02:42

Many thanks Juni. I'll put it to good use! :D
- Admiral McFini and Ensign Hales discovered why Executor-class Star Destroyers seldom ram anything.

juni
Examinator
Examinator

Post by juni » 2014-02-28 02:49

Do you want one of these too?

it worked for Alpha team, didn't it? :lol:
"What did you expect from an inverse square law?...in bed!" -- a questionable fortune cookie with addendum.

Kyle Morrison
Commodore
Commodore
Custom Title: The Imperial Hammer
Organizational Unit: C-4 "Reaper" Battle Squadron

Post by Kyle Morrison » 2014-02-28 02:57

juni wrote:it worked for Alpha team, didn't it? :lol:
HAHAHAHA :D

Kane
Emperor
Emperor
Custom Title: Sith Apprentice
Organizational Unit: First Fleet NIFSS Nemesis

Post by Kane » 2014-03-04 12:38

All right, status update: very busy week again (meeting today, class in key biotopes tomorrow etc), but I aim to wrap up Shakedown complete with debriefing and promotions this week.

Largest word count had Loran 'Loki' Mortist with 21435. That's almost Fini-worthy, but he divides his posting between different characters, which brings down the max. Runner up was Lynine Skycken at 14423 and then Juni, who also had most posts, at 14222.

This SM was a bit of an experiment. I've tested running more active OP before with significant results, but it takes time and effort. Instead of just saying it, I thought I'd adhere to the old adage of 'activity breeds activity' and from that standpoint, Shakedown has been a qualified success. I thank you for your participation. The conclusion - for now - will pop up ASAP.

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
Custom Title: Fleet Commander, Self-Proclaimed Bartender, Baron
Organizational Unit: Third Fleet, Task Force Conquest, ESD Intimidator

Post by Tavish McFini » 2014-03-04 23:13

... Why do I suddenly feel like some sort of bar? :D

I think you're onto something at any rate Ace, it's just a shame time is something that is in such short supply. Still, kudos to you for finding the time to post active oppo for us peons! ;) Thankee muchly!!! Let's celebrate the rousing success!

*cracks out the Blue Wave* TIME TO PARTY!
- Admiral McFini and Ensign Hales discovered why Executor-class Star Destroyers seldom ram anything.

jacenwesiri
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander
Custom Title: Sith Sorcerer, Supreme Commander, something else

Post by jacenwesiri » 2014-03-09 21:20

Kane wrote:Largest word count had Loran 'Loki' Mortist with 21435. That's almost Fini-worthy, but he divides his posting between different characters, which brings down the max. Runner up was Lynine Skycken at 14423 and then Juni, who also had most posts, at 14222.
Of course, following Jacen's Best Practices, the effective word count being used for debriefing would be like cut in half for most people at the top of the list. I probably shouldn't mention exactly how I do it, but there were quite a few very large posts that seemed to be about the antithesis of terse. I'll admit, I wasn't the best with that either, especially with the last post. In my defense with the last post, that was stretched out some to help Vik with getting to 100k words in the thread. Then I figured out that the 3.3k or so needed didn't take into account any of Ace's posts in it.

And yeah, more active opposition tends to work very well. The biggest issue being when the one running opposition doesn't have time for it. Still, active opposition is typically a lot more fun than without. I don't know, I guess I like interactive fiction to be interactive. :D
"Don't worry guys, it's cool. We've got this, I'm Master Yi!" -- a questionable Yi player, who ended the game 2-16. We lost.