Have your say on the storylines.
Tycho
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
Custom Title: Alpha Lead
Organizational Unit: SPECWARCOM

Imperial Ball Commentary

Post by Tycho » 2011-07-19 19:43

Just some things I've observed in the Midsummer Imperial Ball thread.

Devan and Aquila, almost unanimously voted cutest couple. Tell me you don't go awww when reading their story ;)

Ace and Syren, can't you just feel the love between these two?

Eri thought she was safe away from the party, but as usual Thrakis appears out of nowhere and drags her back in. Surprised? I think not. :P

Ryan almost gets chain force lighting by Kane, but Kane contemplates hiring the Psycho For Hire. Good thing he already knows that Evil Is Not A Toy.

Draaygo steals a kiss and gets a mental slap from Crystala. That one made me rofl.

And Laurel seems to be everywhere at once in the ball, playing the gracious host.

As for Mouse, let's just say that "I've got a bad feeling about this."

Blitz wanders around, ready to lay the smack down on someone even while dancing.

Ansgar looks around intimidatingly just being a boss.

and last but not least, Zekk Constantine and Syren.... well, I think this says everything:

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
Custom Title: Fleet Commander, Self-Proclaimed Bartender, Baron
Organizational Unit: Third Fleet, Task Force Conquest, ESD Intimidator

Re: Imperial Ball Commentary

Post by Tavish McFini » 2011-07-19 22:52

You forgot the brief yet epic smackglare-down Tycho gave Eri.

And Seamus getting in a dance while his fellow comrades make obscene gestures at the bar.

As well, the epic appearance of Thrakis, right under the collective noses of everyone... Shades of Mai

Also, I think Jubar needs to dance. Just sayin' because I think that would be an awesome post!

Good list though Tycho! I pretty much fell over on the floor and died laughing but, I think you've come to expect that from me by now :lol:
- Admiral McFini and Ensign Hales discovered why Executor-class Star Destroyers seldom ram anything.

Xanis Sorannan
Vice-Admiral
Vice-Admiral
Custom Title: Third Fleet Executive Officer
Organizational Unit: NIF Third Fleet - NSD Lusankya

Post by Xanis Sorannan » 2011-07-19 23:31

Ahhh...so much truth here. Of course, there is I who quite often thinks in music, so I figured I would share a few of the ones that went through my head when I read this.

Anyways, without further ado, I give you all a glimpse into my mind. :-P
Tycho wrote:Devan and Aquila, almost unanimously voted cutest couple. Tell me you don't go awww when reading their story ;)
I believe we can all agree that this is one of the songs which they should dance to. (So many versions out there...but I particularly like this one.)
Tycho wrote:Ace and Syren, can't you just feel the love between these two?
This one in particular definitely brings to mind one of the songs from what is possibly my favorite Disney movie ever. Just with an *extremely* ironic overtone.
Tycho wrote:Eri thought she was safe away from the party, but as usual Thrakis appears out of nowhere and drags her back in. Surprised? I think not. :P
The two of them, together? What could possibly come of having two rabble rousers together?
Tycho wrote:Ryan almost gets chain force lighting by Kane, but Kane contemplates hiring the Psycho For Hire. Good thing he already knows that Evil Is Not A Toy.
This sort of no-holds-barred bravado brings to mind a particular character from a particular 80s movie, and the songs in it. Yes, I am aware most of my pop-culture knowledge comes from the 80s and 90s.
Tycho wrote:Draaygo steals a kiss and gets a mental slap from Crystala. That one made me rofl.
Draaygo's particular perspective is borne out much better with this song than hers, but it adequately describes Crystala in the eyes of many. :-P
Tycho wrote:And Laurel seems to be everywhere at once in the ball, playing the gracious host.
With her dancing around as quickly and gracefully as she is, it brings to mind a sort of particularly light and graceful song.
Tycho wrote:As for Mouse, let's just say that "I've got a bad feeling about this."
In jest, I offer you this, but in all seriousness, we know the true meaning of it all, which is explained so well here.
Tycho wrote:Blitz wanders around, ready to lay the smack down on someone even while dancing.
Once again, there is just another song which is too perfect to pass up.
Tycho wrote:Ansgar looks around intimidatingly just being a boss.
I couldn't help it. Seriously, can you blame me when a song has that title?
Tycho wrote:and last but not least, Zekk Constantine and Syren.... well, I think this says everything:
A picture may be worth a thousand words, but music can also capture that quite well, and add a certain color to it. :)

Anyways, I hope you enjoy all these!

DraaygoRiinuuk
Captain
Captain
Custom Title: FCO of Fourth Fleet
Organizational Unit: Fourth Fleet, DevSD Apocalypse

Post by DraaygoRiinuuk » 2011-07-22 21:37

Xanis Sorranan wrote:Draaygo's particular perspective is borne out much better with this song than hers, but it adequately describes Crystala in the eyes of many.
Actually I like this one better. Don't worry, I may be a metalhead, but this song isn't heavy like that. More like progressive rock. :P
Open up your eyes and you'll see,
That I'm not perfect,
That's what I'm trying to be,
Cause I know you're worth it.
These new demons are changing me inside,
Changing me inside.
- I See Stars "New Demons"

Devan Kronos
Commodore
Commodore
Organizational Unit: CO of the Second Imperial Fleet
Location: Annihilation - Sovereign-class Super Star Dreadnaught

Post by Devan Kronos » 2011-07-22 21:48

Agree with all of it except Zekk's. Really hes the NIF's piggy bank. If it will screw the NR hes in.

Also sorry Xanis I know some people like pink floyd but that Money song for Zekk sucked :/ This one might be better but I don't have time to look for a good one.

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
Custom Title: Fleet Commander, Self-Proclaimed Bartender, Baron
Organizational Unit: Third Fleet, Task Force Conquest, ESD Intimidator

Post by Tavish McFini » 2011-07-22 21:51

Devan wrote:Also sorry Xanis I know some people like pink floyd...
*Puts hand up!* :D
Devan wrote:...but that Money song for Zekk sucked
... I dunno, I would beg to differ, but that's just me! Dang, now you got me wanting to listen to Floyd again!!!
- Admiral McFini and Ensign Hales discovered why Executor-class Star Destroyers seldom ram anything.

Xanis Sorannan
Vice-Admiral
Vice-Admiral
Custom Title: Third Fleet Executive Officer
Organizational Unit: NIF Third Fleet - NSD Lusankya

Post by Xanis Sorannan » 2011-07-22 22:17

Well, the best I can hope for is for people to disagree / want to change my suggestions because then...WE GET MORE MUSIC! :D

I'd say Money Money Money would definitely fit Syren, but I still like Pink Floyd's for Zekk. :D

And Draaygo, I like it!

DraaygoRiinuuk
Captain
Captain
Custom Title: FCO of Fourth Fleet
Organizational Unit: Fourth Fleet, DevSD Apocalypse

Post by DraaygoRiinuuk » 2011-07-22 22:19

:D

Thanks, I like to listen to Coheed and Cambria a lot when I post as Draaygo, they have some epic songs that usually fit in well with what is going on.
Open up your eyes and you'll see,
That I'm not perfect,
That's what I'm trying to be,
Cause I know you're worth it.
These new demons are changing me inside,
Changing me inside.
- I See Stars "New Demons"

Syren
Master
Master
Custom Title: The True Empress of the N.I.F