Sabacc Open

Have your say on the storylines.
Thirty Seven
Freelancer

Re: Sabacc Open

Post by Thirty Seven » 2011-05-19 14:48

I'd like to say that when I said I'd be okay with a bit of a chase with 37 and the other characters in this SM, I had not considered that others were suggesting a PvP scenerio.

I'm not interested in anything like that. At all.

I dont mind him being a "wanted" character, but as with all things story related, whatever happens to the characters should be about telling a good story. If 37 getting chaptured and taken in is a good story, then its one I'd be willing to tell. If its not, then Im not going to do it.

I think I would have appreciated a bit more forewarning with this blood hunt, and honestly I think Jubar would have appreciated it as well.

I've got maybe two more posts to do with 37 in the SM, and then he'll be gone. If you really want to interact with him, then I'm willing to allow for that oppurtunity. But I am 100% against a pvp scenerio.

I think the last time something like that happened was when Mai - I mean...uh, Kieran - blew up part of Firro Station, and in that situation TH did step in and stomp all over the PvP interaction. He did a great job with it though, because he told an interesting story.

I digress though. Bottom line, no PvP with 37, and in the future, at least shoot me a PM with what you want to do so we can collaborate on a story.

Edit:
I'm in favor of what Mai and Jubar have suggested. I may or may not do another post in the SM, Thirty Seven has accomplished what it set out to do, and is on his way out now.

If you want to continue some interaction with him while he's on Coruscant, get with me privately and tell me what you'd like to do. If we can agree on a story, then we'll start a lounge thread for it. Otherwise I'm going to go ahead and say Thirty Seven got away with the assassination and thats the end of it.

Jubar Bavvet
Senator
Senator
Custom Title: Politician
Organizational Unit: Rebel Alliance Political Party

Post by Jubar Bavvet » 2011-05-19 14:54

While gu'Larso is dead, his people will try to keep it as much of a secret as possible. He is their meal ticket, after all, and will try to announce that, while an attempt on his life was made, it has been controlled, and gu'Larso has been moved to a safer location. In the meantime, behind the scenes, they will race to divvy up his assets amongst themselves, probably fight over it, yet the Sabacc Open as a competition will keep going, and the ship is still the prize.

As I've told Ace, the final outcome of obtaining that ship will be something of a...surprise. Yes, it's a pretty decent ship, and it's the kind of ship a freelancer or die-hard merc would wish for, but I'm just saying...be careful what you wish for.

John Smith
Freelancer

Post by John Smith » 2011-05-19 14:57

I believe, for that to happen, Moria and Loki will need to go back and edit their posts. As, if I'm not mistaken, they've already stolen the Utmost Suffer and declared the Tournament is over, announcing that Rend gu'Larso is dead to the general public.

Tycho
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
Custom Title: Alpha Lead
Organizational Unit: SPECWARCOM

Post by Tycho » 2011-05-19 16:20

Alright, thanks Jubar. That makes sense. But like JT/37/JS said, Jericho's posts do put a bit of a dent in the tournament's continuation.

Same thing here, 37. I knew that several of us, mainly Jericho, had talked about a bloodhunt in chat and I had been in favor just because it sounded fun. I didn't know that no consulting with you or Jubar had gone on before Jericho posted, but that's not my place to address.

Anyway, thanks for helping get my out of my confusion :)

Thirty Seven
Freelancer

Post by Thirty Seven » 2011-05-19 16:32

Yeah, no problem. Like I said though, if anyone is truely interested in doing a story with Thirty Seven, just shoot me a PM with your ideas on what you'd like to have happen.

We can work out a scenerio and then do up a cool story about it. I think it could be fun, but we just need to decide ahead of time the general direction to take it so no one ends up in a pvp type situation or gets their toes stepped on.

So yeah, just let me know if you still want to do something like that.

Jubar Bavvet
Senator
Senator
Custom Title: Politician
Organizational Unit: Rebel Alliance Political Party

Post by Jubar Bavvet » 2011-05-19 18:42

Yes, posts will need to be deleted or at least altered to reflect that the game is still going on, the Utmost Suffer hasn't gone anywhere, and is still up for the prize for the winner of the Sabacc Open. Otherwise, play on, friends! Play on!

Spyker Katarn
Apprentice
Apprentice
Custom Title: IC: RSM, SWC, Army. OOC: Admin, Academy Instr.
Organizational Unit: SPECWARCOM, Omega Order

Post by Spyker Katarn » 2011-05-19 20:10

For now, I have deleted the most recent post made by Moira in that thread. I do have a copy of it and have sent it to the account, so if Jericho wants to edit and re-post to reflect the clarifications in this thread, he may. As of now, the game is still in progress, Rend gu'Larso is not known to be dead, and the Suffer is still docked in its display hangar. This was done in response to the expressed interests of players and of the mission moderator as per this thread.

I personally have no opinion on the hunt for Thirty-Seven, but expect him to be devious and highly dangerous. If you do, I do suggest keeping the hunt to only one or two posts in the mission and then moving to the Lounge for continued work.
“I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it.”

Kurge
Freelancer
Custom Title: Employee of Luciana Endivain
Organizational Unit: SIN

Post by Kurge » 2011-05-19 20:31

After reconsidering and talking with Tycho, I am inclined to agree with him. I very much prefer to avoid PvP. Now, I don't mind it in the context of a story and if it is well controlled. For example the nuke thing and the duel between Thrakis, Mai and Ace. Depending on the circumstances, I think that small developments in those lines can be beneficial to the community, storytelling and character development. Yet, I don't think we should start making it a habit.

So, here is my two cents on this:

If Jubar decides or wants a lounge thread or something, assuming a very well controlled and developed story, that is fine with me. That said, I am not going to approve any hijacking of Jubar's Sabacc Open thread for the purpose of chasing 37. On the other side of things, the way that character's last posts are, there should be and kinda needs some evaluating. As, from my point of view, it would appear that has already disrupted the flow of the thread.

That is my two cents...

Edit:

It seems that it all got taken care of by the time I could post this. So cool! :D

Thirty Seven
Freelancer

Post by Thirty Seven » 2011-05-19 22:03

Well...I think this all turned out rather well. An intelligent, well reasoned decision made by both the community and our moderators.

Just a word, I may or may not post again with 37 in this SM. If I do, it will likely just be Thirty Seven evading the rest of Rend's security team, and then escaping on the Onikage with a short epilogue about him getting paid for the completion of his contract.

If I dont post though, you can assume thats going on anyway.