Uniform question

New members should first read the Member's Manual and then return here if you wish to ask any questions. Here you can also casually learn how to roleplay and hone your skills outside of all story lines.

Moderator: Academy Instructor

Forum rules
New members should first read the Member's Manual and then return here if you wish to ask any questions. Here you can also casually learn how to roleplay and hone your skills outside of all story lines.
Sari Kiveli
Operative
Operative

Uniform question

Post by Sari Kiveli » 2012-04-08 06:17

So, I may have just missed this somewhere in the manual or similar, but I was curious as to exactly what colour/pattern the ISIS uniforms are. I was doing a google search on the subject, and it tells me either black, red, or cream, all in more or less the Navy style, and I'm not exactly sure what all the differences are. Any guidelines on what we use?

Kane
Emperor
Emperor
Custom Title: Sith Apprentice
Organizational Unit: First Fleet NIFSS Nemesis

Re: Uniform question

Post by Kane » 2012-04-08 10:14

ISIS dress codes really doesn't come up very often. Everyone's either a field agent, commando, or a DJ. I think you're the second or third analyst ever.

Mai! We need your ISIS blacks in here.

The NIF combined the FSB and Imperial Intelligence, so we made away with the cream, gray, and red uniforms. The style is still similar, but we're going with black.

Here's your choice of style. Officers have a black cap to go with it, same as in the first picture above. As far as I'm concerned, you can also wear the pants and boots. What's good enough for the Sith Empire, is good enough for us. Oh, and while he marked these images with his name on them, they're actually from a really old but cool paper doll tool.

ImageImage

Finally, allow me to heartily welcome you to the NIF.

Dravius Stari
Marshal
Marshal
Custom Title: Director of Imperial Space Force Operations

Post by Dravius Stari » 2012-04-08 16:07

Its an interesting question though. I'm going to jump in with my own ISIS uniform related question (I have an ISIS character, so its justified :p)

I always visualised the outfits as black for some reason.

"Agents get only two duty uniforms, since they need no more. " - from the manual which also specifies that "ISIS command officers" are the only ones that get dress uniforms. Would that mean in the event of an event such as the Inspection thread any ISIS agents present would simply wear the duty uniform? I would have thought everyone is issued a dress uniform as part of standard kit - it seems a bit rough that only Navy and Pilots and ISIS command officers get dress uniforms! Is this because in reality only senior officers from either the army (who arent mentioned in that uniform part) or ISIS would be attending such events?

Kane
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kane » 2012-04-08 16:45

Dravius Stari wrote:Is this because in reality only senior officers from either the army (who arent mentioned in that uniform part) or ISIS would be attending such events?
ISIS field agents aren't exactly intended to be publicly known, I doubt they ever have lineup inspections. I can't see a single one in the Emperor's reception, ROTJ. We did actually think that one through ;)

Dravius Stari
Marshal
Marshal
Custom Title: Director of Imperial Space Force Operations

Post by Dravius Stari » 2012-04-08 17:47

Heh point taken on the ISIS, but that still leaves the Army, Medical and Judicial Corps. Officials of course I imagine wear whatever they own, providing its judged to be suitable by the protocol officers.

Kane
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kane » 2012-04-08 18:23

The Member's Manual wrote:b) A standard uniform set which can be replaced free of charge once per year, that varies between divisions and ranks. For example, a Stormtrooper gets one personal set of armour, which is repaired or replaced as necessary, and one duty uniform. Naval officers gets four uniforms, one field, two duty, and one dress uniform. Higher officers (read in command position) gets four extra uniforms. Pilots get two flight suits, one duty uniform and one dress uniform. Agents get only two duty uniforms, since they need no more. ISIS command officers also get one dress uniform. (ISIS agents rarely show up officially) SH and Freelancers use their own clothing.
The Army, MedCom, Judicial Corps and officials may not be especially mentioned, but you can consider them to follow the examples given.

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
Custom Title: Fleet Commander, Self-Proclaimed Bartender, Baron
Organizational Unit: Third Fleet, Task Force Conquest, ESD Intimidator

Post by Tavish McFini » 2012-04-08 19:10

Didn't the ISIS also incorporate a white uniform for one of the branches at one time or another? Or was that "cream" and I'm just colourblind?
- Admiral McFini and Ensign Hales discovered why Executor-class Star Destroyers seldom ram anything.

Kane
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kane » 2012-04-08 19:16

Cream is the uniform of the Imperial Security Bureau, the civilian intelligence service. The MI5 or FBI if you like. Relics of a bygone era.

Kallila Tsarati
Traitor
Traitor
Custom Title: Returned
Organizational Unit: Free

Post by Kallila Tsarati » 2012-04-08 19:35

Here's a dinosaur for you, making military dress blacks look sexah!:

Thanks to my lovely assistant!

<3