Pet Peeve.

New members should first read the Member's Manual and then return here if you wish to ask any questions. Here you can also casually learn how to roleplay and hone your skills outside of all story lines.

Moderator: Academy Instructor

Forum rules
New members should first read the Member's Manual and then return here if you wish to ask any questions. Here you can also casually learn how to roleplay and hone your skills outside of all story lines.
Seamus
Staff Corporal
Staff Corporal
Custom Title: Hammer 4-4
Organizational Unit: 213th Armor Division

Pet Peeve.

Post by Seamus » 2011-04-26 07:22

Not trying to be a dick to anyone here, but it drives me nuts, when people refer to an Artillery battery as a "Company" An Armored group as a "Battalion", etc etc.

Army, Corps, doesn't matter, because they're that big.

Divisions, Specforces and Rangers N/A.

Brigade. This is Infantry. Regular Infantry. Specforces, Rangers, Armor, Air cav. are all classified as "Groups"

Company: Armor and Air Calvary Is a troop Artillery is called a battery. This is the smallest number of units for Armor, Cav, and Arty.

Platoon and squad is still the same for everything.

http://www.army.mil/info/organization/u ... mands/oud/

Hope this helps!
"Nuts!" - General McAuliffe
"No, the reply is decidedly not affirmative."

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
Custom Title: Fleet Commander, Self-Proclaimed Bartender, Baron
Organizational Unit: Third Fleet, Task Force Conquest, ESD Intimidator

Re: Pet Peeve.

Post by Tavish McFini » 2011-04-26 19:03

I get what you're saying, but...

This doesn't really help matters much then because it's easier to use that terminology and those figures than to try and generate a relative size of whatever is being used than to actually list a number, in my mind at least.

Eg. I would rather say the 5th Artillery Regiment than a thousand artillery cannons. Yeah, I estimated that an "Artillery Regiment" would contain 1000 pieces of artillery and the troops, transports, supplies and whatnot necessary to make the regiment function properly.
- Admiral McFini and Ensign Hales discovered why Executor-class Star Destroyers seldom ram anything.