Things Happen.[Restriced]

For all your medical needs.
Forum rules
For instructions on entering a patient in the Medical Centre, click here.

Refferrer's Name: Your name.
Patient's Name: Name of injured character.
Species: The species of the patient.
Affiliation: Their occupation (i.e. Rebel, Imperial, Smuggler, Bounty Hunter).
Health Status/Injury: State how the patient is hurt.
Reason of Hospitalization: State how the injury occurred.
Zekk Constantine
Vice-Ambassador
Vice-Ambassador
Custom Title: CEO of Constantine Industries

Things Happen.[Restriced]

Post by Zekk Constantine » 2009-06-06 02:28

Refferrer's Name: Zekk Constantine

Patient's Name: Zekk Constantine

Species: Human/Lorrian

Affiliation: Offical

Health Status/Injury: Cuts on his arms legs and upper chest, Bruising, and a Minor Concussion.

Reason of Hospitalization: Shuttle Accident in Landing Bay 3.

Zekk cursed his luck again, this was what the fifth very expensive suit he had ruined lately. Maybe he should start buying cheaper suits. He had been coming in for a landing on the Nemisis when by all the worst luck in the galaxy, the shuttles engines failed and the shuttle had slammed into the hangar floor with a very jarring thud. Zekk had woken up almost imediately and had managed to stumble his way out of the wreckage of the shuttle.

He did not feel very well and wondered why he had this luck lately. He didn't think he had done anything bad lately, he gave up maybe it was just his bad day. He walked out into the shuttle bay and almost immediately collapsed. He heard the alarms and the sound of feet running toward him, he didn't look up though, he was looking though at the smashed cockpit. Where the pilot was, amazingly the man looked fine! He stood up and dusted himself off when some male medic got to him and began looking him over.

Ya, please look over the guy who's fine first!
Last edited by Zekk Constantine on 2009-06-06 04:23, edited 1 time in total.
Business is a combination of war and sport.

Sheyenne Shaecari
Medical Officer
Medical Officer
Custom Title: Inter Lacrimas et Luctum

Re: Things Happen.

Post by Sheyenne Shaecari » 2009-06-06 02:44

Sheyenne had literally just finished getting settled into her new living quarters which would serve as home for the next half decade plus years when the page was received to get to the medical bay. "Boy. They don't waste any time in getting hurt or sick, do they?" One last quick check in the mirror to make sure she was presentable then she was out the door. Luckily her quarters wasn't far from the med bay, so it was a quick jaunt from point A to point B.

"Exam room 4, Miss Shaecari. Just brought him in," the medical assistant informed the newest nurse to join the crew aboard the Nemesis as she handed over the patient's medical file.

"Sheyenne, and thank you," the tall, dark-haired lady corrected the medical assistant in how she wished to be addressed, then scuttled along to exam room 4.

Sheyenne's long hair was pulled back into a low-riding pony tail and held in place with a delicate red ribbon. Since she had just arrived aboard the ship not more than an hour ago, she still hadn't received her uniform, so her manner of dress was more classy-casual. Black dress slacks with tapered legs, spiked black heels, a dark red camisole-laced trim top and a snug fitting, waist-length business jacket thrown on over it to cover her bare-shoulders. No, she didn't look like the typical nursing staff dressed in this manner, but there wasn't anything she could do to change that until she received her uniform. With her luck it'll be laid out on her bed back in her quarters by the time she is able to return to them.

She entered exam room 4 and flipped the pages in the medical chart in her hand, skimming over pertinent information as if she were a speed reader. Truth be told, she nearly was a speed reader. Doing the job for years, one gets a handle quickly on what to look for in patient charts and goes straight to it.

"Consular Constantine?" Sheyenne pulled her eyes from the chart and glanced to the patient, then offered her right hand to shake in formal greeting. "I'm Sheyenne Shaecari and I'll be the nurse examining and treating you today."

Zekk Constantine
Vice-Ambassador
Vice-Ambassador

Post by Zekk Constantine » 2009-06-06 02:58

They hadn’t taken long to move him into the Medical Quarters and put him in an examination room. People were being overly polite; maybe being a Consul wasn’t such a bad thing. He didn't have to wait long before the door opened again and in entered a stunning girl that nearly made his jaw drop. Nearly, he made sure he was composed before she noticed. She was not wearing the baggy medical uniform and for a moment he prayed a silent thank you.

"Consular Constantine? I'm Sheyenne Shaecari and I'll be the nurse examining and treating you today."

Zekk gracefully and softly shook her hand like it was a delicate piece of china. He put on a small charming smile and looked in her deep blue eyes.

"Please call me Zekk, Sheyenne," Zekk pronounced her name perfectly with a practiced ease. "It's my pleasure to meet you, even though under these circumstances."

Zekk put a small amount of a flirting tone in his voice; this girl was very interesting to him. He made sure to keep an eye on her body language; being part Lorrian had its perks at time. He softly let go of her hand after shaking it and leaned back, but making sure to keep eye contact as she began to speak.

Sheyenne Shaecari
Medical Officer
Medical Officer

Post by Sheyenne Shaecari » 2009-06-06 03:17

Not bad, she thought privately. Just her luck that her first patient would have to be someone who was good looking, rather charming, and didn't squeeze the living crap out of her hand in some subconscious effort to over-compensate for small things. Sheyenne smiled and set the Consul's chart on the counter, then pulled out a flimsy paper-like gown and handed it over to the man.

"I need you to strip down. You may leave your underwear on. I'll be back in a few minutes to give you privacy." Sheyenne could feel his eyes upon her form as she slipped from the examination room and shut the door behind her. While Zekk was busy undressing, Sheyenne collected a few needles & tubes (just in case she needed some blood samples), and the body scanner. Having given the man enough time to do as instructed, Sheyenne returned to the exam room, rapping gently against the closed door to give the patient fair warning that she was about to enter.

The woman approached the exam table and instructed the man to sit sideways, dangling his legs over the edge. "I apologize, my scope may be a little cold. I'm going to listen to your heart and lungs." Sheyenne gingerly slipped the bell of her stethoscope down the front of the gown and took a good listen to what was going on. Then she pressed it gently against Zekk's back, moving it to five different regions while instructing him to take deep breaths each time.

"Sounds good. Would you please lie back on the table?" Shey explained that she was going to feel around his abdomen. While palpating for possible swelling or organ injuries, Sheyenne noticed that the man had fine muscle tone. Seems to be in pretty good shape, she thought. Which was both medically relevant and personally observed. Now and then, as she pushed deep against his organs, she'd glance at him to observe his facial reactions to the exam. Sometimes people hid their pain or discomfort because they didn't want to appear weak to their caregiver. "Okay, good. Seems like everything is fine internally. Remain as you are, Consular, I'm going to run the body scanner now and we'll get a good look at everything that's going on."

The man was quite compliant and laid very still as the scanner did it's job. Sheyenne, meanwhile, had her back turned slightly and was reading the results as they appeared. She frowned gently, knitting slender brows slightly. Concussion. Not bad, but he needs to take it easy for a day or two. The scanner finished its duty, and Sheyenne finished reading the rest of the information the exam produced.

"Well, Consular. Everything looks pretty good. You do, however, have a minor concussion and those scrapes and cuts need to be tended to. A couple of questions, then I can finish up here. State your name, what day it is, what month it is."

Zekk Constantine
Vice-Ambassador
Vice-Ambassador

Post by Zekk Constantine » 2009-06-06 03:32

"Well, Consular. Everything looks pretty good. You do, however, have a minor concussion and those scrapes and cuts need to be tended to. A couple of questions, then I can finish up here. State your name, what day it is, what month it is."

"Zekk Constantine, Datunda, the 5th in the month Nelona."

He stayed laying down and slighly smiling as she nodded and wrote something down. She was amazingly beautiful and he had a hard time keeping his eyes from wandering to where they might not be welcome. He had keep his underwear on, and the flimsy gown left very little to her imagination. She stood close to him and started to treat the cuts and bruises he had, he me smiled softly as she helped him. He leaned closer and looked in her eyes and spoke.

"Maybe once your done here you would do me the honor of having dinner with me."

He said it in his most charming tone and with a very polite smile.

Sheyenne Shaecari
Medical Officer
Medical Officer

Post by Sheyenne Shaecari » 2009-06-06 03:41

It was difficult for Sheyenne concentrate on her job in regards to disinfecting and bandaging his deeper cuts, cleaning the smaller ones with the man leaning closer and staring up into her eyes. She smiled, even chuckled a bit. When she could, she looked at Zekk. "You're making my job a bit difficult, Consular. Lie still."

Satisfied that he was going to do as she told him to do, she went about finishing the patch job. "That concussion must be a little worse than I thought, Consular. You're my patient. It would be unethical for me to have dinner with you." Which pained her to say, but it was true. She could lose her job, her license, and her career if she were to have dinner with the high ranking official while he was still under her care.

"For the headache, take two ibuprofen every six hours for the rest of today and through tomorrow. The pain should subside by then. You are also ordered to take it easy for the next 48 hours. Yes, that does mean no working for you for two days. Also, no travel. You'll have to spend your respite time aboard the Nemesis, I'm afraid."

Zekk Constantine
Vice-Ambassador
Vice-Ambassador

Post by Zekk Constantine » 2009-06-06 03:54

"For the headache, take two ibuprofen every six hours for the rest of today and through tomorrow. The pain should subside by then. You are also ordered to take it easy for the next 48 hours. Yes, that does mean no working for you for two days. Also, no travel. You'll have to spend your respite time aboard the Nemesis, I'm afraid."

Zekk knew she had turned him down for the simple reason of keeping her job, but it was not for a lack of wanting to. Nor was it an unreasonable thought. Zekk really liked this girl though for some reason and he wasn't about to let a chance to get to know her better slip through his fingers. He gestured he closer and put on a very charming smile. She stopped her working for a moment as he spoke.

"Well I understand all that, and with no disrespect to your considerable skill, I'd like another caregiver so that you can go to dinner with me with no risk to your job."

Zekk smiled very politely with a hint of flirting him his eyes. He would have is own suite on the ship for the next few days since he couldn't leave. Thankfully there were already new suits for him just waiting.

Sheyenne Shaecari
Medical Officer
Medical Officer

Post by Sheyenne Shaecari » 2009-06-06 04:07

Sheyenne stood there practically dumbfounded. He sure is ballsy, I'll give him that. Her jaw nearly fell agape. If it weren't for the fact that she was swallowing slowly, it would have fallen open. She was stunned by the fact that this man, her patient, had just pretty much fired her from taking care of him just so he can take her to dinner. She wasn't sure how to react. She'd never had someone do this to her before. The woman wasn't sure if she should be flattered, shocked, or even pissed. It wasn't often that a patient requested a new nurse, but that isn't to say it didn't ever happen. As proven now.

Sheyenne looked back to the chart and finished documenting the exam, then clapped the chart closed. "All right," she said slowly, cautiously. "I'll turn your care over to Rylyssa. She can be your nurse for the duration of your recovery." There was no malice in the tone of her voice. Maybe a little uncertainty and perhaps residual shock, but she wasn't upset with the man or his cunningly smooth move at removing legal and ethical obstacles that stood in his way of having her company for dinner.

Against her better judgment, though, Sheyenne started to open the door, then stopped. She kept her back to him for a moment as she weighed the pros and cons of enjoying a harmless dinner with Consular Constantine. She was new to the crew and it certainly would be nice to have someone to talk with over dinner, she reasoned. And just because we eat together, doesn't mean anything. "All right. I'll have dinner with you tonight. Though, I just arrived a little over an hour ago and I don't know where anything is on the ship other than my quarters and the med bay. You'll have to give me directions so I can meet you."

Zekk Constantine
Vice-Ambassador
Vice-Ambassador

Post by Zekk Constantine » 2009-06-06 04:20

"All right. I'll have dinner with you tonight. Though, I just arrived a little over an hour ago and I don't know where anything is on the ship other than my quarters and the med bay. You'll have to give me directions so I can meet you."

Zekk gave her directions to one of the nicer lounges on the ship and said they would meet there around seven. The lounge he had choosen was one of the classier places to eat on the ship. Good food, good music and a dance floor. Zekk smiled as he dressed in the garbs the medics had provided him and took his pills. He didn't feel half bad considering, the time he had spent there had taken away the shock and now only remained the small amount of pain.

He walked back to his temporary quarters and took a quick shower to wash away the grim from the accident. He dressed in one of the nice suits he had in the quarters and put on his shined shoes before heading out the door to the lounge. He got there a few minutes early, but that was his style he never wanted to be late anywhere.

This will hopefully be an interesting evening.