Service Evaluation

For all your medical needs.
Forum rules
For instructions on entering a patient in the Medical Centre, click here.

Refferrer's Name: Your name.
Patient's Name: Name of injured character.
Species: The species of the patient.
Affiliation: Their occupation (i.e. Rebel, Imperial, Smuggler, Bounty Hunter).
Health Status/Injury: State how the patient is hurt.
Reason of Hospitalization: State how the injury occurred.
Tycho
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
Custom Title: Alpha Lead
Organizational Unit: SPECWARCOM

Re: Service Evaluation

Post by Tycho » 2011-12-01 21:50

Shorn looked between the non-com solo op and the Director, his heart a meddle of mixed emotions. He had to agree that the chances of survival were slim for such an operation. They didn't have any intel on the enemy. Nothing. Not the numbers, not the ability. Zero. That frustrated Tycho. He just didn't understand how their intel could be so lacking. ISIS was supposed to be the best in the business and lately it seemed like they kept dropping the ball. First Jen'vey's super-ship, now this... For a determined man like Tycho, seeing someone a figure he had looked up to and revered simply ghosted away, without any information on her situation at all, sent a tremor of depression and revenge through his being.

He wasn't an idiot. He knew what it meant to go in without any intel. But how could they not? That was what Tycho didn't understand. How could they just sit there and do nothing? They had to do something, even if it was only to scout out the enemy. After all, that's what he was good at. The Storm Commandos hadn't always gone off of perfect intel. Neither had Special Forces as a whole. Regardless, the Commandos had gone in and gotten the job done, even in the most dire of circumstances. Special Forces itself was built around the idea of being that elite force to take on those suicide missions no other military unit could do. If they couldn't do it, what was the point?

Besides all of that, there was a sense of duty. Teamwork had been pounded into him during Storm Commando Training, pounded in so hard that it became a part of him. The instructors never let them forget the paramount, teamwork. If you failed to display sufficient dedication to your team, even just a hair, you were kicked out. Storm Commandos lived and breathed teamwork. The reason for their successes? Teamwork. No Storm Commando operated completely solo. There was always someone there beside them. They never left a teammate behind. And for Tycho, that was more than just a mantra. It was part of him. He would not, did not, leave anyone behind. Shorn was prepared to die to save a comrade, but he was not so sure about the Omega.

It wasn't that he disliked Katarn. No, he actually respected the man's battle prowess and superiority. He certainly got the job done. But he wasn't sure that Katarn understood teamwork as he did. As a solo-operator, Katarn operated completely alone in the field. Sure, there was the handler, but in the end when things went south the only one Katarn relied on to survive was himself. Tycho had been on enough missions to know that much about the man. He respected Katarn's resilience in the field, but he had to admit a certain irritation with the solo part of solo-operator. There was nothing about teamwork in what Katarn did, which was Tycho knew they did not see completely eye-to-eye.

The Director had remained silent, brooding almost. It was almost as if the Director weren't - as Katarn had said - telling them something. Tycho spoke again, the sense of humor he had entered the room with was utterly gone. In its place was the serious, tenacious side of Major Shorn.

"Look Omega, I know you're a solo-operator and I respect you for that, but you don't work in a team and I wouldn't expect you to understand. But Director, you know we can't just sit around and do nothing. If the Surface Marshal were one of our own we wouldn't just leave her there. The least we could do is scout the area and get some intel on what we're up against."

As he studied the intel that they did have a sense of unease crept over him. This was Imperial space. How in the nine hells could the Surface Marshal have been kidnapped in Imperial space? The answer that came back to him was an unpleasant one. No pirate or terrorist group could've done this, not without ISIS knowing. There was really only one explanation for this: Dark Jedi. Or Kane.... The paranoia Eri had infected Tycho with during the Battle of Sarapin made his skin crawl. If he was right that meant that he and Dwyer might be next if they knew about them. Or anyone else thought to be conspiring against Kane. Shorn had suspected Eri had been involved in more than just the few talks with Dwyer and himself, but this seemed to prove it. It made her rescue of even greater importance. Now that they had their hands on Eri, it was only a matter of time.

His next few words were slow and cautious. His team members he knew he could trust, but Spyker Katarn... he was an unknown. The man would no doubt do what he thought was right, but Tycho wasn't sure that would line up with what he himself thought as the right thing to do. Truth, Justice, and the Imperial Way. They were supposed to mean something, but in Tycho's mind the Emperor and his cohorts were making a mockery of those words.

"Director... this just doesn't add up. We've had things sneak up on us before, like the Directive and Jen'vey, but ISIS should've seen this one coming. This doesn't feel right. Something else is going on here... and I think we need to send a team to investigate."

Blitzkrieg
Brigadier
Brigadier
Custom Title: Operative Zeta, SWC
Organizational Unit: Director, NIF SPECWARCOM

Post by Blitzkrieg » 2012-01-26 06:39

Wolfgang sighed as he thought about what the major said; thought so long, in fact, that it took him a good few minutes to actually say anything at all, and it seemed as though he'd been knocked into a standstill just from what his mind dared to dream up. There were several scenarios running through his mind as he considered what to say--what, if anything, he really could say--and at the moment, a good amount of them troubled him. The most likely situation, as far as he could tell, was that the NR had managed to take the Surface Marshal, either directly or through the employ of a third party. Given what they knew of the matter, he was desparately hoping to be right; it gave him the advantage of knowing his enemy.

These thoughts, however, weren't the only ones to come to his mind as he considered what was going on, and listened to Major Shorn. For a brief moment, his memories managed to go back all the way along his career with the Federation, from Day 1 aboard the Nemesis to the present. Unsurprisingly, a lot of it had to do with Eri; memories of their friendship came to mind, just as fluid as memories of serving under her command. Back then, with the DeathKnights and....well...not much else to worry about, things had been different, but he'd always been amazed by how she could find time for everyone under her command. ...And he truly meant everyone.

"Find her," he whispered at last, his voice unusually harsh. It took him a few seconds to finally compose himself, and from there, issue the command properly, turning to face Tycho eye-to-eye. "We know the rough area where she's being held; you are going to go there, and report back to me directly. I don't care if it squirms, breathes, floats, gyrates, or just lists about aimlessly, Major; when you and your team report in, you will do so as experts on it, whatever the Hell it is. Is that clear, major?" He gave a second for a pause, and then turned away, a scowl still etched in stone on his face. "Carry out your orders, major; get moving."

Turning to face Omega, Wolfgang's scowl didn't even hint at dissipating. "Anything to add, soldier? Or would you prefer volunteering yourself for something as well?"

Spyker Katarn
Apprentice
Apprentice
Custom Title: IC: RSM, SWC, Army. OOC: Admin, Academy Instr.
Organizational Unit: SPECWARCOM, Omega Order

Post by Spyker Katarn » 2012-02-07 18:51

When the Colonel began talking, everyone snapped to. His objections had been noted, and he had made it clear that he felt going in with absolutely nothing was a bad idea. That said, he was still a soldier, one of the fraternity of the armed forces, and he would still do the duty required of him. Shorn, capable soldier that he was, did not, could not understand his reticence for teamwork; he had seen a team under his command killed more than once, both inside and outside the service, and that was the root of his dislike of squad warfare.

There was a second problem, though, and that was that his loyalties were more divided than he cared to admit. Special Warfare Command was not the only Federation group he was a member of; as a Dark Jedi himself, he was also a member of the secretive Omega Order, and his responsibilities to them had always been nebulous. As such, he felt few ties to it, and with Kyp now no longer around, his ties were even less tangible.

For its part, the Army had taken what he already knew and focused it, sharpened it, and made him one of the best in the service; for that alone, they deserved everything he could give them. When he later looked back, he realized the decision had been made even before he spoke, but that would be far in the future, after everything had shaken out. In the present, though, he made a choice that would determine everything at that moment.

"I'm yours to command, Colonel. Where do you need me?"
“I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it.”

Tycho
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Tycho » 2012-02-22 19:50

A look of steely determination settled across Tycho's face, his grey eyes like storm clouds. "You got it, sir," he growled with grim satisfaction. Saluting, Tycho wheeled off followed by his team and handler.

"Team, I want a full load out on the shuttle. This'll be a stealth mission, so we'll all be packing 19s. But we want to be prepared for a "just in case" situation: Light repeater, Nightstinger, Plex, and as many grenades as we can carry. Kyril, you'll probably want to grab a Thunder Cannon too, just in case," he glanced at the huge Kiffar, who gave him a silent smile. Kiffar was a damn good scout, but he also couldn't be matched in the area of handheld heavy weaponry. "You all got it?"

"Major, isn't that a little much to be packing for a scouting mission?" asked Major Weyr.

Tycho shrugged, "Well, not really. Not for what we're doing."

Weyr continued on with her line of questioning. "I'm just concerned that with all the weaponry you're bringing you'll be encouraged to do more than just look at the enemy..."

The long-time Scout peered at her with a side-long glance, "Maybe."

Major Weyr harrumphed and crossed her arms. Shorn looked affronted, "Hey, I'm just trying to make sure we don't get stuck out there and killed because we didn't bring the big guns!"

"Uh huh." His handler stormed off down the hall.

"What?" Stared after her, a look of confusion on his face. Someone behind him chuckled, he thought it was Immagan. Tycho turned around to see his team staring at him accusingly. "What? What'd I do?"

Kyril shook his head, "You shouldn't offend the pretty lady, Major."

Now it was Tycho's turn to cross his arms. He faked a stern look. "Really?"

"Yep," said Kyril who smiled savagely at him as he stalked away with the rest of the team, heading to the armory. Shorn shook his head and followed along. It was time they got this rescue mission started, enough of the red tape nonsense.

An hour later, Tycho entered hyperspace with a fully laden Mesens Scout craft. Merrick had actually been working on the ship for some time now, modifying it to his liking for the mission directive of Storm Commandos: to get in silently, collect information, and get out just as silently. It came fully equipped with a tech package any ISIS agent would die for, but Shorn hadn't had a chance to actually pilot the ship until now. Standing up too fast, he hit his head on the low ceiling. He turned slowly to glare at Merrick with a grumpy expression.

"I thought this was supposed to be able to fit twelve people. I can barely move around in here, Merrick!" He rubbed the back of his head ruefully.

Merrick gave a nervously apologetic smile, "Uh, yeah, sorry about that. There wasn't a whole lot of room after I installed the two other generators... I even had to take out two of the turbolasers to make the power requirements right."

The Major crossed his arms, "Are you telling me that we might breakdown in hyperspace because your systems are using up all the juice?"

"What? No!" yipped Merrick. "I have this thing calibrated to perfection. As long as I'm here it will run better than you would believe."

"Somehow I doubt that," sighed Tycho. "Well, I guess it's reason to keep you around anyway."

The redness of Merrick's face began to rise. "Do you even know what I've installed in here?"

"Yeah, stealth coating, ion engine baffling system, advanced cloaking identity device using synthesized stygium, and an echo device sensor system. All of them using enough power to keep all the lights on Coruscant shining for an hour." Tycho uncrossed his arms and leaned against the bulkhead. "I've also been wondering how you managed to get your hands on all of that tech. Anything you want to share?"

"Oh." Merrick scratched his head. "Well, I...." Shorn was still staring. "Okay, you already have top secret security clearance now so I guess it doesn't matter. I'm not actually Storm Commando, Shorn. Or at least I don't operate under their chain of command. I'm an ISIS agent, working in cohesion with the Storm Commandos to ensure we understand everything that's going on. I didn't tell you because I wasn't sure whether or not you would shoot me. You won't shoot me... right?"

Tycho's eyes narrowed and a muscle in his jaw quivered, "Are you telling me I can't order you around?"

"Basically."

"Well that just ruins my day," grunted Tycho. "I guess they'd be pretty mad if I shot you, so we'll save that for some other time when I have a better excuse." His facade of sarcastic humor was failing him slightly. Tycho, his jaw still clenched tight, reseated himself in the pilot's chair. Was there no one he could trust? It seemed like everywhere he turned there was conspiracy. It gave him all the more reason to rescue Eri. He sat in silence for the rest of the trip, brooding. "We're coming out of hyperspace now. Better get the ACID online."

Merrick nodded. "Alright, it's coming online in two, one, we're good." He followed up with some technobabble that Tycho chose to ignore.

"Dropping out of hyperspace." Tycho disengaged the hyperdrive engine and the lines of blue faded to starry blackness, but in that blackness was something that made Tycho's heart stop. "Merrick... is the Echo Device on?"

"Yeah... why, what- holy...." For once, Merrick was at a loss for words.

Tycho felt anger and frustration boil inside him. How could they not know? "Someone tell me what the kriff that is!"

Blitzkrieg
Brigadier
Brigadier

Post by Blitzkrieg » 2012-03-31 05:02

Wolfgang sighed, eyeing Spyker for a few seconds. It was obvious that the high-colonel was not in the best of moods at the moment, and could have easily found any of a number of reasons to lash out without fair warning. Indeed, he would have, save for the fact that he wasn't the kind of person to act without reason As well, he wasn't the kind of person who acted on violent impulse against the innocent, and as far as this situation was concerned. All told, however, nothing was going to take the edge off of this situation..nothing but information that could lead to the desired outcome. "What I want right now," he said calmly, "is your honest, personal opinion...not as a soldier, but as a fellow man. Your thoughts, your feelings, your personal opinion on what's going on here and what you think we can hope to achieve."

Turning away from the sergeant-major, he let out a soft sigh, almost sad in how it came out. "And I want you to understand. Eri is more than my boss, sergeant...she's one of the few friends I have in the Federation. I want her rescued; if I have to turn the galaxy upside-down, redraw the boundaries of known space, and carve a path past the farthest borders of our galaxy into territories not yet explored, verdammte, I will." Shaking his head, he turned to leave the room, restraining his movements such that he appeared to be moving calmly despite the rage beginning to swell in his heart. Every second they lingered, Eri's situation potentially grew more and more desperate; and with so little information on hand, they could do nothing...at least, not until they had some sort of actionable intel. "Walk with me," he said, the bile in his throat over this ordeal just barely masked from his voice. "I have a holo-comm room I have to book, and a call to arrange. You can issue your assessment on the way."

Spyker Katarn
Apprentice
Apprentice
Custom Title: IC: RSM, SWC, Army. OOC: Admin, Academy Instr.
Organizational Unit: SPECWARCOM, Omega Order

Post by Spyker Katarn » 2012-04-01 08:55

"Yes, sir." Spyker followed the SPECWARCOM director out of the room, with Keyes in tow, mulling over what the senior man was asking of him. He understood the reasons for the man's distress; had he not done the same for Aquila only a few short weeks before? In light of that, he did not begrudge the sentiment, and could only give what was required of him.

As he thought about things, he found that his own thoughts were... unsure. He was excellent in the field, and as one of the best operators that the Federation's special forces could bring to bear, he was often literally at the tip of the proverbial spear. Throw him into an area of operations with a knife and he would build a fort from the bones of his enemy, but this? This was a different story. He wasn't paid to think. 'New boss, new role,' thought Spyker. Without further deliberation, he began, and chose to start with a concise summary to make sure he understood what was happening.

"Point one: the surface marshal has disappeared. Whether she has been abducted or brought there voluntarily is something we don't know for certain, and we need to find out. That should be our first priority, as it would determine how to engage. If she's there because she wants to be, we can't very well storm the place.

"Point two: we have a battlestation of some sort, hiding in Federation space. Where did it come from, and what is its purpose? We know it belongs to the Imperial Comissariat, but we don't know what that organization is or what it's for. At least in the usual operations, we have an idea of things. Hell, they sent me in at one point against a secret Devaronian death cult that we knew more about than this. This isn't usual, though, so I'm not sure what applies.

"Point three: we're at a disadvantage as it is. If it is actually ours, and we've made the wrong call in sending a team..." Spyker left the statement hanging in the air; the Director knew the consequences of what was left unsaid. "Regardless, we need more information. Yes, we're trained to operate without it, but this... There's just too many unknowns." He sighed. "I know what it's like to have a friend... lost. You are no doubt already aware of that, though. You have my word that if there's anything I can do to help, I will. I just don't think there's anything to be done until we have a better picture..."

Once more, Spyker trailed off in his sentence, but this time it wasn't because he lost the words. He had noticed something strange as they were walking: the passageway had changed. It was still the same, physically, but its status had changed. For a moment, he couldn't place what was wrong, then it hit him.

Except for the three men, it was empty.

He stopped walking, placing a hand on each of his superiors' shoulders. The two also stopped instantly, then looked at him with an air of concern. Spyker ignored them for a moment, scanning a 360 degree arc for anything else out of place. Visual turned up nothing, but his implant's infrared sensor did. Six men surrounded them, grouped into two teams of three men each to the fore and rear. Slowly, he signaled this with his hand to the others, and kept his voice quiet, barely above a whisper.

"Company, sir. Not ours."
“I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it.”

Tycho
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Tycho » 2012-04-02 18:30

A massive Interdictor blockade sat before Tycho and his team. All of them were Imperial ships, but why any of them were in this region of space was beyond the Major. Assets this far behind lines were not of any use. Something was very, very wrong. And Tycho had just jumped right into it.

"I've got a bad feeling about this," Tycho said grimly as the blockade showed a sudden flurry of activity. Three squadrons of TIEs and several system-patrol crafts swarmed around what Tycho had thought was his invisible shuttle.

"How do they even see-" began Merrick, but noticed something flicker across the screen "Oh. Uh, Shorn, OSIRIS just ran an program through our shuttle, there's no way for me to take back manual control."

"Meaning..." Tycho said impatiently.

"OSIRIS just activated remote systems, we're not controlling the ship anymore."

Shorn gritted his teeth, but managed to bite out some appropriate words. "Great. So we're screwed." Nobody was even supposed to know about SpecWarCom. The fact that they were being remotely shut down... didn't bode well. Something big was going on here. As much as Tycho wanted to get to the bottom of it, it was kind of hard to do any searching when staring down the throat of a blockade.

"And we're being hailed by STARS..." whimpered Merrick.

The Major slammed his head against his chair, "You have got to be kidding me."

"This is Colonel Cato of STARS, you are in violation of level one lockdown, do you acknowledge?" came a crackly voice across the communications unit.

"We're a team from the 38th Logistics, I wasn't aware of any lockdown," Tycho said in a level tone.

"That is unfortunate. You will be escorted back to your command."

"Understood."

The Major's grey eyes stared about him with a look of steel as he and his team were marched into the "38th Logistics" HQ "escorted" by STARS. The red-armored troopers left in silence, leaving Tycho and his men by themselves in the briefing room.

"Now what?" growled Kyril.

There was a long silence, broken by a sigh from Merrick.

"I have no idea," muttered Tycho.

Mittalloudo
Operative
Operative
Custom Title: That one blue guy...
Organizational Unit: 12th Studies and Observations Group

Post by Mittalloudo » 2012-04-03 06:19

DeepSpace-class Sensor Ship Equinox, holding orbit somewhere near Byss,

Tal's crimson eyes stared over the shoulder of the younger Ensign as the Equinox dropped out of hyperspace. He gazed into the holopanel displaying the Army's latest action playing out before him in real time. "The Army just made a move." Tal said said to his handler, Coordinator Jackson. His eyes remained intent on the screen as the communications transmissions between Major Shorn's Team and S.T.A.R.S took place, displaying in red text on screen in real time.

"I know. It looks like OSIRIS has taken an interest in them." Jackson said, commenting on the "Shuttle Malfunction" Major Shorn's team just experienced. "Captain Nero. Would you mind taking us in for a closer look?" Jackson said, turning to the ship's captain. Although it was a request, Jackson's tone indicated that, more or less, it was an order.

The Captain paused a few moments, going over the developing situation in his head before finally giving the order. As the Equinox blasted away, Tal also couldn't help but think. He read over his Datapad for what seemed like the millionth time, which showed the space station, along with holostills of the crimson clad dark troopers known as the Blood Legion, storming Sarapin's surface. OSIRIS's involvement just confirmed that the Federation was somehow linked to Surface Marshal Ambicon's disappearance. Whoever, or whatever was inside that station, made damn sure that nobody was going to find it. The whole thing had trouble written all over it. The fact that something this big slipped passed the ISIS, the best intelligence source in the galaxy, didn't make it any better.

The Death Star, came into view on the screen, and the ship stopped. "Wow." The Ensign mused, breaking the silence of the now stunned crew.

Tal Ignored him and returned his focus on the screen. The Death Star, no, Death Moon, was buzzing with activity, as workers hastily buzzed about it's outer hull. "They know something's up." Tal said. "Seems like they've increased their activity since Commander Riinuuk's report." Tal Rubbed the disfiguring jagged scar that cut across his jaw, although it may not seem so, it was a nervous tic.

"Then we don't have much time." Jackson's gravely voice said.

"Attention Equinox. This is Officer Rumsay from Special Tactical Rapid Solution Team Sierra. You are in direct violation of code 13 alpha." A voice crackled sternly.

"Sir. Something's in our system." the Ensign next to Tal said abruptly. The Holovid feed began to crackle and distort as Officer Rumsay ordered the ship to stand down.

"Lock it down." Jackson said. Turning to another ISIS agent standing motionlessly next to him. The Agent, more commonly known as "Construct" his real name forgotten long ago, wasn't a physically imposing man as his skinny form stood in the black ISIS uniform. The lights on the Aj^6 that wrapped around his shaven head began to flicker rapidly. Tal had never seen Construct move, though technically a Cyborg, the man was more machine than he was Human. Tal wondered sometimes if he ever ate, or even slept.

"Officer Rumsay. Coordinator Jackson, ISIS, I'm not aware of any 13 alpha code. You might want to recheck your system." Jackson responded. Tal glanced over at Construct, who wore the same blank stare he always wore, as he stood there gazing out the main viewport into the stars. Tal wondered what was going on inside Construct's head, being with the CED and later the Federation's army, he'd seen his share of battles, he wondered if Construct's fight with OSIRIS was similar.

"I'm giving you an order Coordinator." Rumsay responded. "Stand down and exit the system, or we will be forced to take action."

"I'm here on direct orders from the Ubiqtorate. Passed by Director-General Endavain herself." Jackson said. "You are interfering with a highly classified operation. Stand down or I will bring you into PING for obstructing an Imperial investigation. I am not going to argue with you Officer." Jackson re-enforced, all the while the holofeed, although distorted, kept recording.

"Coordinator Jackon." Another voice crackled, the voice's tone was ominous and dark. "Leave. Now." the deep, almost hollow voice said icily.

"Identify yourself." Jackson responded. Construct's face twitched, and he began blinking in frustration.

"Sir. I'm getting weird energy readings from the station." Another crew member said in a panicked tone. "I think they're charging their weapons systems, but there's too much interference. I can't tell."

"I am not important." The voice said again. "Report to your superiors that you've found nothing."

"If they're charging their weapons why don't they just shoot us?" A petty officer next to Tal wondered aloud.

"If we go dark, it's going to warrant the Navy's attention. Which will come in with a 'shoot first ask questions later' policy. They're trying to keep this under wraps, with the entire 3rd or 1st fleet coming in...." Tal guessed. crewmen did have a point though. What was stopping them? With the amount of control this group seemed to have, Tal doubted anyone would bat an eye to their disappearance.

Construct, without saying anything walked over to Tal, his hand, rose to the back of the computer around his head, and removed a small disk, he extended his arm, and gave the Disk to Tal. Tal Blinked in surprise before taking the disk. Before, he'd doubted that Construct was even aware of what was going on around him, much less expected him to acknowledge his existence. Then he saw Construct do something he'd never done before. Smile. With the same hand, he grasped his Aj^6 and with a pained moan, he ripped the device out of his head. His lifeless body fell to the ground, silencing and stunning everyone. Tal looked at the knowledge cartridge Construct had given him one final time, before putting it into his pocket.

"Yes Sir." Jackson said grimly, breaking the silence across the bridge after a few moments had passed, before closing the channel.

"Sir. We're being directed to Elrood, I have no control over the system. Hyperspace jump in 3 seconds." The helmsmen said. Tal watched as the stars elongated and blurred. As the Equinox jumped to hyperspace.

Blitzkrieg
Brigadier
Brigadier

Post by Blitzkrieg » 2012-04-04 05:04

Wolfgang nodded as the sergeant-major rattled off his assessment; listening to it, he could find no flaw in it. The arguments were understandable, and most important, they made sense. Specifically, the argument he most agreed with was the lack of information; it made little sense to rush into an operation without a plan, but that was why he'd send Alpha to find facts. They were dispatched to get information and return to base, not conduct anything...untowards. At least, not yet. There would be time for that once they had all the intel they needed.

It was when Omega came to a stop that the high-colonel looked around. Nothing was in the immediate hallway, though the words he heard next from his subordinate immediately explained why his hackles had gone up. "Explains the bad feeling," he remarked, sighing softly as he continued to just shy of the end of the hallway. "Not much choice, though. Might as well see what they're after."

It didn't take long to get to that point, either; within seconds of reaching the end of the hallway, Wolfgang had one of the STARS troopers headed over in his direction. He didn't need to see through the helmet to know the concerned look on the soldier's face; MPs didn't necessarily like their duty when it had them arresting some of the better-liked figures in the army, or even pulling them aside for anything other than a casual 'how do you do' during some downtime. "Sorry to bother you, sir," he began, shaking his head once, "but I'm under orders to maintain a lockdown. You and assets under your command are reported to be in violation of said lockdown."

Wolfgang's right eyebrow arched up, ever so slightly. "...I wasn't aware of a lockdown, soldier. I was aware that I assigned one of my men to take a trip to Hutt space to assess the viability of a brief trip to Nar Shaddaa. Is....is something wrong?"

The STARS trooper nodded, and once again, Wolfgang could only imagine how this situation felt for him and the others that were drawing in on the scene. "Sir, I've received a report that a vessel belonging to 38th Logistics was recently detained by one of our patrol craft in a restricted area. I can't go into any further detail; classified information."

Wolfgang nodded, waving Sergeant-Major Katarn over. "I understand that, and appreciate that you were kind enough to let me know of my subordinate's mistake. If you wish, perhaps we can offer our services to help in investigating what went wrong." He looked to Omega, and then to Major Keyes, and nodded once to both of them, before turning back to the STARS officer. "As for the group your men detained, I'll take care of disciplining them personally. Best that they learn their lesson for this from me."

Kane
Emperor
Emperor
Custom Title: Sith Apprentice
Organizational Unit: First Fleet NIFSS Nemesis

Post by Kane » 2012-04-11 17:27

"I can't afford to tip my hand this early. Not even for Eri. But it's going to be a blow if she's in his fold now."

"What difference does it make? I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound callous, but she is just one person."

"You don't know Eri's value. While we don't have any laws in place that puts Dark Jedi in charge of non-force sensitives, unlike how Palpatine did things, they naturally gravitate to upper echelons simply due to ability in our meritocracy. Eri is not force sensitive. She was the undeniable proof that a regular human being - a young woman at that - could rise to one of the highest offices of the NIF, simply by being good enough. She instills an example to follow, for her soldiers to look up to, and knowing that she made it in spite of the odds. It makes them believe in her, and that they can break the odds too. Moreover, she cares for her men... and that makes the men care for her, as well. Her only fault, if any, is that she never wanted to lead... that and maybe caring too much at times. We need her if we're going to convince the army."

"I didn't think you knew her that well personally."

"I don't... but I'm an excellent judge of character. To the point that I can discern the truth from naught but a string of loose bits of information."

"I see. But what can be done, then? I can't do it for the same reason you can't."

"Thrakis may be our best option, but he's not available right now. To be honest, I'm not sure if we can do anything right now. But as long as there's life, there's hope. Sometime, even beyond that."

"You still want to contact her", Luke said matter-of-factly, sensing Ace's intentions.

"Yes... I doubt the Emperor will have her killed, she's too valuable for that. That would be an option of last resort. If we can get to her after she's released, perhaps we can de-program her."

"Tricky. They're going to watch her every step until she has the Emperor's full trust."

"Yes, but I have a plan... you better come with me, in case I need backup."

"I'm all ears." Luke didn't mention that Ace had another option if de-programming Eri failed. To take her new master's place. It was a distasteful thought for the Jedi Master, and he wasn't going to support it unless they really ran out of other options... something he wasn't convinced was possible at that point. He wondered, though, if Ace had already thought of it. Probably. He was a meticulous planner and thought of seemingly everything, no matter how small or unlikely. The fact that he hadn't mentioned it could mean any number of things.

They were on the way in a Skipray when Luke knew something had happened. Ace hadn't changed expression, but the shift in the Force around him was telling enough. "What's wrong?"

"Not necessarily wrong. I pulled my contacts. They think the Army is going to try and rescue her. A few of her friends, special ops. If they know, the Commisariat is probably going to know, too."

"They don't know about us though."

"Let's try and keep it that way for as long as possible... it would be nice if I could contact them directly, but I'm risking a lot just by going after Eri."

"Perhaps too much."

"No perhaps. I am risking far too much. But you know, that's the point. If you don't at least try to beat the odds, you're little better than a machine... and probably, unable to do anything at all, since the odds are never going to be perfect. I've always made a habit of making them fall on my side, and I don't intend to stop now."

Eri Ambicon
Surface Marshal
Surface Marshal
Custom Title: Sniper, Shapshooter, Markswoman
Organizational Unit: Surface Marhsal of the Imperial Army

Post by Eri Ambicon » 2012-04-15 05:13

Eri could only stand sitting around for so long, it felt strange she was being confined to a small room for no real discernible reason and the comm had gone dead, perhaps a jamming field was activated though why someone hadn't come to investigate was beyond her. With a sigh, she got back to her feet and decided to try her luck with another attempt to venture out. As predicted, the droids standing sentry moved to stop her before she could cross the threshold. "If you're going to keep me holed up here, the least you could do is give me something useful to do..." She sighed once though her weary smile, adding, "Any status updates from the army or perhaps something I could use for target practice?"

It was a long shot, and neither of the droids budged to let her pass. Times like this made her wish there was another ten meters between them and her, she felt confident enough to be able to drop both of them before they got in range to crush her head as though her skull was nothing more than a blumfruit. They were large and thickly armoured but like all bipedal mechanisms, they had glaring weaknesses, namely in the joints and she wondered how fast droids could crawl after her if she were to depart. But then where would she go?

"Would it be too much trouble for me to go for a walk around the block of suites then?" she asked, "You could both tag along and make sure I don't go wandering in any restricted areas..." As much as she abhorred that thought, Eri really wanted some "fresh" air, as though the air in the corridors were somehow fresher than in her temporary residence.

Her plea for exercise, blissfully, didn't fall on deaf ears as both of the droids stepped aside and one started walking forward. "Follow me," it commanded. Eri did as instructed, glad to be moving about a little more even if she was sandwiched between two thick set and well armoured droids. Walking down the plain corridors, she wasn't surprised that they managed to walk for five minutes and not encounter another being or droid but it did make her wonder just how vast this place was.

A siren went off as a computerized voice announced to all personnel that the station was five minutes away from initiating a hyperjump. It seemed almost pointless to ask where they were and Eri somehow doubted the droids wouldn't be responding to her inquiries.

Focusing on the different doors, she wished they were all marked with something other than numbers or identification code letters. What ever happened to words like 'refresher' or 'lounge'? Maybe she was in a section of the ship full of nothing but living quarters. Wait, I'm not really on a ship... It took a moment for her to remember that she was, in fact, walking around inside of a small section hollowed out from a moon. It wasn't exactly uncommon, hollowed out bases were sometimes a lot easier to set up than building on the surface, especially on airless surfaces and the nature of expected opposition. Why have ten feet of durasteel protecting everyone inside when ten feet of natural rock was a lot stronger?

"So, are they moving the entire moon or are we aboard a ship?" Eri asked aloud, glancing back at the droid behind her in hopes one of them would pick up and respond. As expected, neither responded. Sighing, she gave up trying to communicate with either of them, figuring she'd have better luck getting answers out of the wall back in her cabin than anything else.

Another five minutes of walking and the lead droid stopped suddenly and turned around. "Will that suffice?" it asked.

Eri glanced at the door it had stopped beside and recognized the number. Same room she had left from and all she had gotten to see were the same taupe hallways and evenly spaced doors which she had taken to be the same quarters. There were a couple unmarked doors and a couple lifts she had seen during her walk, but, by and large, there wasn't much else to see. I would kill for a viewport right about now... By the stars it's any wonder snipers don't go nearsighted in the army if the furthest distance of any object is ten meters away.

She wasn't sure if she should just pace around some more or not. The exercise helped make her feel better, but the lack of scenery and variety made it more dull than anything, it was hard to keep her focus. But that's not because of the plain, spotless walls... It was just hard to concentrate in general, she couldn't really keep her mind focused on any one thing. It felt as though she were forgetting to do something, something very important like those instances when someone got up to go to the kitchen for a glass of water but, once they reached the kitchen, they completely forgot why they even left their comfy sofa in the living room in the first place.

"Yeah, I guess that'll do," she answered, not sounding very convincing though the droids seemed to be incapable of caring less as the door slid open, revealing the room beyond. Entering the room, Eri stepped inside and, after listening to the door hiss shut behind her, took a seat on a nearby chair and stared at the floor, resting her head against her fingertips.

Once again, the computerized voice appeared on the comm and announced the vessel was initiating it's hyperjump, adding an apology for the delay. Why would the computer apologize for the delay? More importantly, what caused the delay? Eri had been on enough naval ships to know that, whenever a timer had been set to initiate a hyperjump, there were only a handful of things that would delay that, ninety percent of those things usually ended up cancelling the jump altogether. A thought brought a flicker of a smile to her lips as she sighed happily.

I'd almost think I was on a Third Fleet vessel...
"There's no outrunning a sniper." - Eri

Kane
Emperor
Emperor
Custom Title: Sith Apprentice
Organizational Unit: First Fleet NIFSS Nemesis

Post by Kane » 2012-04-21 04:34

"They have left the Cloak of the Sith."

"I wonder how you even knew it was in there in the first place."

"Hmm. It's one of many black areas, designed for back projects that we don't want to go public with. I merely had to confirm which one the Deus Ex was in."

"Did you have anything to do with it?"

"If ever. My officer corps was only too eager for things like Death Stars and open war during the Black Fleet Crisis a few years back. But Death Stars simply aren't very cost-efficient, even if we disregard the political black mark it carries."

"I suppose that's true. Okay, so if the station isn't there any longer, where can we find it?"

"I just confirmed that with my contacts. We're going to the Masquerade."

"The what?"

"Unofficial name for a particular area of space located not far outside the Kathol Rift."

Luke just looked at Ace, with a disbelieving frown on his face.

"Just close enough to hide the station and maybe cause some nightmares. Not really dangerous."

"If you say so."

"Look, you've been there before, right? That should make this easier."

"You want me to navigate? I suppose... I can try."

This time it was Ace's turn to look at Luke.

"Fine, there is not try. I'll do it, but I hope you have what it takes to get aboard... and away from that thing."

"Leave that to me. Kathol Rift, here we come.", Ace announced and pushed the lightspeed lever down.

Luke had indeed been to the Kathol Rift before... and had learned how to navigate it. He also knew how to protect himself from the surging energies of the Rift, which otherwise affected Force-sensitives with far greater magnitude than other beings. But for Ace it was the first time around.

"Are you alright?

"I'm... fine. I've blocked out worse", Ace claimed, but he looked pale and stabilized himself against the bulkhead.

"Hold on, we're in the Nah'Malis system already. According to the coordinates you gave me, we should get into the Q'Maere system. That's a bit deeper into the Rift itself... sure you don't want my help?

Ace just shook his head and swallowed in response, as the short motion had set off something very similar to motion sickness. He fought it down and took up the co-pilot's seat. The Rift itself was... dark. The space itself clouded out the millions of stars from the galaxy, so when you headed into the Kathol Rift, the only light outside was the swirling, fractal, gas clouds of the Rift itself. Leftovers of some ancient great catastrophe or war.

"I'm surprised that they're actually venturing into it."

"The Q'Maere Research Facility... was adopted for a certain reason. Changed. Not for this, though. But it should work." Ace kept himself shorter than usual, as the simple act of doing anything at all increased his nausea. But it felt familiar as much as it felt alien, strangely enough. He was sure that he had experienced something similar... half remembered, while he was in the Void, transiting from this world to another.

juni
Examinator
Examinator

Post by juni » 2012-04-22 18:17

"Anzateze! they deliver in 15 minutes or less, or the next meal is free." Juni could remember Lynine saying. They had just only recently gotten back from a rather boring mission, and once back at base the first order of business was getting lunch. She hadn't remembered trying that particular place before, but well, she was kinda in the mood for that anyways, so she agreed.

The meal was delightful. She had some wok fried bantha with a somewhat sweet and perhaps somewhat savory red sauce, and some fried rice. There were egg rolls, and some wontons, and some delicious weird savory pastry that was included. Lynine had ordered the same thing, well, technically Lynine ordered it first, and she figured she'd go with something safe.

After finishing the meal, all that was left was the fortune cookies. Juni opened hers first. "What did you expect from an inverse square law? ...in bed!" Juni was laughing, and started eating her fortune cookie as Lynine started opening hers.

"Look to the sun at your darkest hour....in bed!" Lynine said, with Juni exclaiming in pain at that.

Lynine looked perhaps a bit confused, as Juni withdrew a datachip from her mouth. Some jerk had placed a hard datachip into the fortune cookie, and if she had bitten down perhaps a bit harder, it might have broken a tooth, and Lynine was laughing at her over it. Still, the worst of it was probably her having cut her mouth on it. Cleaning it off with a napkin some, it was apparent it was of the form that ISIS occasionally used for communications.

Lynine apparently wasn't grossed out by it too much, and had taken it from her as Juni tried to stop the bleeding some with a napkin. After doing a better job than Juni's initial cleaning, she put it into a datapad, and after following some verification protocols, she seemed to get a lot more serious tone after having glanced over the file on the datapad.

"It's from the Ubqtorate." Lynine said, not going any further. Juni suddenly got a lot more interested, and was quickly up from her previous position and almost perfectly at attention. Lynine almost laughed at the sudden change.

Going in with reading, she noticed some concern with Lynine's actions. What could the Ubiqtorate agent possibly want? And why did they have to hide a hard object with sharp edges in food?
"What did you expect from an inverse square law?...in bed!" -- a questionable fortune cookie with addendum.

Lynine Skycken
Coordinator
Coordinator
Custom Title: Jade
Organizational Unit: ISIS 15th Division

Post by Lynine Skycken » 2012-04-22 20:01

"... This... This doesn't sound good." Lynine read over the brief message which was little more than a location, a time and date. Interestingly enough, it was for a hanger in the very base they were at while awaiting transport back to Task Force Omniscient and the time was fifteen minutes from now. Though she hadn't been given messages in quite this fashion, Lynine had enough experience to know this couldn't amount to anything she was going to enjoy.

Handing the datapad over to Juni, she figured she'd just let the girl read it rather than try to shift about in an effort to read over her shoulder. "Not a whole lot of detail. I think it's going to be one of those things we'll be told more about when we get aboard a shuttle or something..." Lynine hoped this wouldn't be a frequent occurrence, she was looking forward to a bit of down time. "No rest for the weary I suppose."

Handing Juni some extra napkins, Lynine said, "Here, you got some blood around the corner of your lip." She looked almost like one of those vampires like in those horror holos- or in Lynine's worst nightmares- but she refrained from adding that, instead just letting the corners of her lips twitch upwards as she fought back a laugh. Juni was a nice enough person, it was her idea to get takeout after the mission and it had been a relaxing way to spend the time between missions, if only all too short lived.

Back on their feet, the two agents began the trek to the hanger, leaving the mess to be cleaned up by a nearby trash disposal droid. Juni read over the message several times, as though there was some sort of hidden message that could be gleaned between the single line of text. "If you discover anything mor-"

She was suddenly cut off by a sharp hissing sound as the acrid scent of ozone filled the air. The small datachip started to burn, small wisps of smoke suddenly appearing from where the chip was inserted to the datapad. The screen suddenly went dark and Juni reflexively threw the datapad down on the floor and began stomping on it, worried the whole might catch fire and burn down the base. Looking nearby, Lynine saw a fire extinguisher and went for it, pulling the pin as she grabbed it off of the stand. "Stand back!" she called, pressing the lever down and spraying the floor with a blue-green fog. Juni must not have heard her or was too busy stomping on the device because her legs were suddenly covered in a blue-green tinge.

Lynine smiled wearily. "Sorry... I... The stuff washes right off..." It was clear the two of them had different knee-jerk reactions to things. Of course, now wasn't the time to try and clean it off as they had a shuttle to catch and Lynine didn't want to even think about the consequences of being late so she instead started trying to brush off the powder from Juni's pants, something that really only served to get her covered in the fire suppressing powder too... A stormtrooper marched by, glancing down casually at them but knew better than to stop and ask as he- or she- kept going, rounding the next bend after increasing their pace just a little.

Standing back up, Lynine gave up, seeing the smears of green on her black ISIS uniform. Wiping her hands on her own pants, she figured she might as well have clean hands if her uniform was going to be all messed up. Resuming their trip to the hanger, they both reached the location and already saw a black shuttle sitting, its engines idling, the ramp lowered though no one was standing outside of it. "Are we just supposed to walk in?" she asked aloud, unsure.

"I guess?" Juni kept walking.

Lynine followed. Though the message was in Juni's cookie, she was guessing it was geared for the both of them. If it wasn't than whoever was aboard the shuttle would probably boot Lynine off, or worse, say something to the effect of "well, you're here now so welcome aboard." With downcast eyes, Lynine sighed under her breath, "We should have eaten at the canteen..."
"I'd better come with you. Just give me a minute to get ready."
"Okay, but if you hear a loud explosion anytime soon, the trip's off." - Olivia Ofrenda & Manuel Calavera, Grim Fandango

jacenwesiri
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander
Custom Title: Sith Sorcerer, Supreme Commander, something else

Post by jacenwesiri » 2012-04-22 22:05

Jacen was fuming over what Lyric did, now that he had time to brood over it with being done trying delicately to keep McFini in the fold.

He almost laughed, he didn't have to leak the information, knowing full well which members of the Ubiqtorate would probably find out from whom. Still, he figured he knew a way for plausible deniability if things would get too far out of hand. Kane had only explicitly said to lock down things that were to move, or thought they were going to move, but for ISIS, strictly speaking, that wouldn't do. No, there was a better way of playing it out, to avoid ripping apart ISIS to ensure those orders were followed to the letter. A delicate touch would be required, and he didn't necessarily have one available.

Still, he had a few things to consider. Going to Thessalia would be problematic for a number of reasons, but with Crystala being away meeting with Kane, and he himself going would draw perhaps unnecessary attention, who else did he really have to turn to. Still, perhaps there were some problems, well, potential problems. Kane didn't seem to give a damn about ordering a shadow war with the Commissariat. Heck, the only thing he seemed to care about was that death star.

"It's been a long time." Jacen said, as Thessalia entered.

"What do you want." she replied, expressing perhaps only a normal amount of irritation.

"I need something special done, and perhaps you're the only one I have available whom I would trust with it. Might you be interested?" Jacen replied, not caring to give too much away with it.
"Don't worry guys, it's cool. We've got this, I'm Master Yi!" -- a questionable Yi player, who ended the game 2-16. We lost.

Azra Avasara
Colonel
Colonel
Custom Title: (Dark/Not-So-Dark/What?) Knight, Omega Order

Post by Azra Avasara » 2012-04-23 00:17

Thessalia tried her hardest to keep the irritation from her voice as she addressed the Supreme Commander. He was the duly appointed lord and commander of all forces of the Imperial military, but it was more than just that which earned the stifling of her innate fury... ...he was also her superior in the more secretive hierarchy of the Omega Order, and crossing him was something that could prove fatal...or worse. Still, she had asked his purpose with no small vexation, and she had her reasons for her responses to everyone.

The Primarch, of all people, had earned it for what she felt was a measure of deceit. It had been some time ago, back when she wasn't yet part of the Omega Order, that he had shown her the strength of the Force in a manner not usually associated with the Dark Side. She had been traveling with the group, and had been injured on Cinnigar, a police dog biting through her ankle and tearing the muscle fibers to shreds. Master Wesiri had managed to heal it with the Force, a technique she'd not seen...and she admittedly didn't expect from people of the Empire. It had led her to believe that there was more compassion than she had eventually seen...or, thanks to the Dark Side, felt. Kyp's death had made it worse still, in her mind, as he'd been the only person in the Federation--truly, all of the galaxy--to really get into her heart. It ached now, ached with an emptiness that the Darkness could not fill.

Standing in the company of the Supreme Commander, she could feel something cold in the air, like death...the foul chill of mortality. There was a sickly-sweet corrupt stench of mortality about him, but it was more the chill that made her loathe being near him. It was as though the corruption she could feel in him warped the air around him, sucking out the life and heat of the place and leaving him in the icy grip of his own spite. She didn't dare ask who had earned his ire this time around, deciding instead to feel no small measure of pity for the poor soul. Hopefully, there would be some discovery or recollection of the lesson he had taught her on Cinnigar, this feeling of compassion...she was convinced that nobody in the galaxy deserved to suffer the primarch's wrath.

"I know you well enough, my lord," she said after a few seconds of tense silence, the look on her face still not improving from the scowl that colored her as she stood in his presence. "You use 'perhaps' as though you have other assets that you could use; yet I know how much you dislike resorting to me. I am a blunt weapon in your eyes...something used best when your enemies must be crushed under unmitigated retribution. You would only turn to me if times are truly in great despair." She didn't dare to favor him with a smile, and instead kept her fangs concealed beneath a tight scowl. "So...speak, my lord. What troubles you enough that you turn to a bitch like me, and how might I alleviate this trouble?"

jacenwesiri
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by jacenwesiri » 2012-04-23 00:44

"I'll start at the beginning. After Sarapin, Eri Ambicon started developing PTSD, and began to go on about things that it would be better if she hadn't. I tried to keep it contained, but I failed. Earlier today, Eri was ordered to a service evaluation for psychological fitness, and was abducted by a group that seems to be a replacement for the shadow hand called the Commissariat. Apparently against orders, ISIS conducted an investigation, and tracked her progress, where the shuttle Eri was on disappeared." Perhaps Jacen went to a familiar name for her on purpose, and perhaps not. "Tracking the shuttle, the navy was involved and located what appears to be a death star located at a black code. The Emperor pulled off continued investigation, and ordered the area locked down. After giving those orders, he ordered Crystala Endivain to meet with him personally, and she is currently indisposed. This is problematic, as someone in Ubiqtorate is trying to move against said orders. Even being aware of it, I doubt I could perform the lock down that the Emperor ordered without unnecessarily damaging a few parts of ISIS. This is where you come in. I would like you to accompany them in this attempt to rescue Eri Ambicon. Providing whatever support you deem necessary and see to it that they don't unnecessarily damage the Death Star." Jacen said, after closing the door, and tripping a few other systems for privacy. He paused, to let Thess take it in, before continuing.

"One of the points we were discussing was reigning in the Commissariat, and the Emperor didn't object to that whatsoever. It seems probable that perhaps he is only using them as means to an end, and he doesn't care about them creating distractions like this. Still, that's speculation. I don't have many answers at this time, but I'm at a bad position with it. Will you be able to handle this for me? After Eri is safe, we can consider what to do about that death star."
"Don't worry guys, it's cool. We've got this, I'm Master Yi!" -- a questionable Yi player, who ended the game 2-16. We lost.

Azra Avasara
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Azra Avasara » 2012-04-23 02:37

Thessalia merely stared calmly at the primarch, her eyes narrow little slits of verdant radiance. When she had returned to the Federation after months of torture--was it self-inflicted, she wondered at this point--the Surface Marshal had been the first person she visited after seeing her husband on Corellia. Events on Dathomir still troubled her memory, and she worried that even with any apology she could muster, there was nothing she could do that would completely repair the trust that had been fractured that day. If asked about the matter, she would have been quick to admit that she didn't find herself worthy of that trust to begin with, but it still hurt her that it had been so damaged. The fact that the situation involved this woman made her feel a slight twinge of guilt, even if it was guilt she shouldn't have felt. The other pertinent details lingered in the back of her mind, as though afterthoughts compared to the....well, the 'target', for lack of a better word.

A more analytical mind would have been intrigued by the mention of the ISIS, and a more paranoid mind would have asked what this Commissariat business was all about. Thessalia was not so easily driven to paranoia and fear that she was going to ask about the organization itself; they mattered little to her, and the Supreme Commander had specified that keeping them in check--reining them in, he had phrased it--was perfectly within the scope of her activities, so she wasn't going to bother herself too much with them. These ISIS elements, though...Thessalia was no analytical genius, but she was concerned by the mention of divergent elements in ISIS, and especially so if she was going to be their babysitter. "I trust you can explain what, exactly, I'll be working with in regards to the assets of our intelligence services?" she asked, no small amount of distaste in her voice. She preferred knowing everything about what she was going up against, and in the absence of that, at least of knowing what she had on her side for a given assignment.

At the same time, she had an idea of her own forming in her head, and it caused a slight smile to tug at her lips, causing the tips of her fangs to show ever so briefly. "Also, my lord," she continued, "I would request permission to speak freely. A thought comes to me, that I feel might be helpful to your situation."

jacenwesiri
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by jacenwesiri » 2012-04-23 19:33

"I said it looked like a death star, here's an image that was gathered by the 4th fleet." Jacen said, telekinetically activating a holoprojector to give Thess an idea of what it looked like. "The choice seems intriguing, and perhaps they hollowed out the interior for the iron and similar materials inside, and left the stone behind. I don't know exactly. Anyways, from this angle, it appears that the outer defenses aren't completed, and it might not be suicidal to get a stealth shuttle to the surface, though from the surface, getting into the station could be problematic. I assume this is his intended approach, but not enough is known about the approach, and for him to risk it, it's safe to say that he probably knows a lot more than I do. I know he's having a stealth shuttle prepared, ostensibly for an intelligence operation at Coruscant, but it is hard to verify black operations within ISIS, especially when they prop up at the last minute." Jacen had used farseeing to look into the future, and concluded that it probably was going to the Death Star, but looking into the future at times seemed more like probability tables than certainty, and it could easily not turn out that way. Jacen clicked the button again, and a dark looking shuttle materialized.

"Shuttles like that can carry about 20-30 people in them, potentially more with modifications. I don't know if he intends to leave on that shuttle, or take a different one. If they try to get the shuttle out again, it would require leaving a few behind to man the ship. Scuttling the shuttle would mean that all the passengers and crew could join in. They have enough space in their cargo holds for perhaps anything that would be desired to be brought along that a ground team could be using for such a short mission. I don't know what all is being brought, but it could be a lot of hardware. This is what worries me, as they could be bringing quite a bit of resources along. It is possible that they intend to cripple the death star, or perhaps even to destroy it, which cannot be allowed to happen at this juncture. I have a feeling that it would end up being more of a one way mission if that's their goal. If their goal is to try to cripple, destroy, or disable, the death star, that this would run contrary to their goals, and would probably prevent it from happening again. I think ensuring that Eri is successfully recovered is a much better priority, and allowing too much damage to the Death Star will probably only result in Kane cleaning house in ISIS, and among those involved. I know, it's a very delicate situation."

"Anyways, you did ask about resources. ISIS and Army have a joint venture for special forces, and they would probably be a natural choice for this mission, though by the action of one of Eri's associates, they were blocked from attempting this on their own, though they would probably be more than happy to join you at this endeavor. They're supposedly a cut above normal special forces, and they would probably be anxious to get Eri back. Kyp's apprentice works with them, and I'd expect you'd like to bring him along. There are others whom you would probably be interested in bringing. I was planning on discussing the matter with them next, if you'd like to join me for that. Still, you asked to speak freely, so please do."

Azra Avasara
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Azra Avasara » 2012-04-24 04:09

Thessalia bit back a harsh sigh, and a few choice words that she was ready to issue. She had permission to speak freely, at least, but even then, there were things that she knew were better left unsaid, and questions better left unasked. After all, some answers were better hidden, and others led to emotions better off without being felt. Shaking her head silently, she pondered what sort of materials would be necessary to turn this yet-incomplete Death Star into a smoldering husk of quadanium, and came to the conclusion that it may yet be too far along for that to be feasible. That, and the Primarch was right; if the station were damaged--particularly, if it took enough damage to incur a lengthy delay in production--the Emperor would go absolutely apeshit.

She didn't bother saying anything at the mention of his chosen name, though the arched eyebrow probably told Jacen all he needed to know: she wasn't terribly familiar with it. Perhaps he'd taken it while she was away, or perhaps he'd had it before then and she simply hadn't cared, but she didn't remember the Emperor as anything but Lord Roscoe. Kane was...not the name she recalled. Still, it wasn't as important a detail as the other facets of this situation.

The Special Forces initiative...that, she could appreciate. Still, the way he spoke of it, the Primarch blamed Ambicon's aide for a significant clusterfuck. At least I know who to pity! she thought to herself, frowning. "So they were locked down," she mused, her voice distinctly devoid of any feeling one way or the other. Was she happy with the idea that they had been stymied by one of their own? No, but that didn't mean she had to curse the very name of the one who had caused it. Mistakes happened...she could name a few that fell at her feet in the end. "Get in touch with their leader, see if anything can be arranged without drawing suspicion from the rest of the top brass. I think you'll be able to get one, maybe two people without it looking like you're breaking lockdown for them."

Calmly, she began to channel the Dark Side, her robes gradually shifting back into what they had first been: the crimson armor of an Imperial Sovereign Protector. The helm was lacking, though she hadn't needed it in quite some time, when the rest of the armor had been converted to her robes long ago. "My idea rests on something from you, however, my lord. I need to know...you have guardsmen of your own. Can you vouch for their loyalty? If so, I will need to borrow a pair of them...and hopefully, I won't have to kill anyone to get this done for you." The shift in her attire was the most visible aspect of her plan, and gesturing to it, she went into the pertinent details.

"This Commissariat you mentioned is doubtless interested in serving Kane's personal interests...at least, it would seem as much, and I am willing to wager that they would do so to such extremes as to take his orders as the word of some otherworldly god. You would need to do little more than just falsify a move order from him, and make it look legitimate...and the borrowed guards and I can whisk Eri out from under their noses. After all, if a strike team got ordered into lockdown for moving to rescue her, then she clearly can't be secure where she is." This time, when she finished with those words, she offered the Supreme Commander a confident smile...short-lived as it was. "There's just one thing I need, besides the fellow guards. If they're going to believe me when I hand them the 'new orders'...I'll need to have my old commission back."

She didn't want to call him this much, still vexed at him over the old deceit as she was, but she had no other choice at this time. "With respect...requesting reinstatement. ....Sir."