Service Evaluation

For all your medical needs.
Forum rules
For instructions on entering a patient in the Medical Centre, click here.

Refferrer's Name: Your name.
Patient's Name: Name of injured character.
Species: The species of the patient.
Affiliation: Their occupation (i.e. Rebel, Imperial, Smuggler, Bounty Hunter).
Health Status/Injury: State how the patient is hurt.
Reason of Hospitalization: State how the injury occurred.
Eri Ambicon
Surface Marshal
Surface Marshal
Custom Title: Sniper, Shapshooter, Markswoman
Organizational Unit: Surface Marhsal of the Imperial Army

Re: Service Evaluation

Post by Eri Ambicon » 2012-05-10 03:50

"Did you help them? Did Gregory meet Bastian?"

"Isn't that what I said?" Eri asked, not realizing she hadn't actually said everything that she recalled beyond the name. The IT-O droid shocked her for her lack of memory or due care with the choice of her words. Screaming yet again, Eri's throat was dry and it hurt so now they started to die down and almost become more like yelps. "I helped them," she confessed, still not sure where all this was going or the relevance of it all but her head was pounding worse than the beating they gave Sarapin, "He wanted my help to get Bastian to come outside. He... knocked him out I believe, took him to a ship he had hidden right next to the estate." Eri struggled to remember the final exchange they had. She felt as though she was forgetting an important detail but the interrogators weren't giving her the time to try and remember it.

"Where did Gregory take Bastian?"

"He didn't tell me and I never asked," Eri replied sourly, adding quickly, "I doubt he would have told me if I did anyways."

There was a long, unnerving pause, only Eri's panting, her racing heartbeat and the wirring of the IT-O's repulsor. Thrakis' words started to loom in her head.

"You are more than merely mortal."

Mortal... There was a strange word, especially when used in conjunction with her. Compared to the Dark Jedi, she was about as mortal as mortal could get. But something else sparked in her mind, another conversation, this time with the most unassuming person she knew: the Supreme Commander. She had met him too, he had talked about illusions, dopplegangers, about the Emperor and Mai, albeit briefly. He tried to explain things in a manner he thought she'd understand, and she pretended to but only with the hope that there might be something more tangible.

"Ambicon, what was it that you fought for all these years? Are you prepared to see all that destroyed for a chance to see him dead? There are many millions of soldiers under your command, are you willing to risk them all for a chance to see him dead? You don't have to answer if you don't want to."

See who dead? Who did she want dead? Did she ever give an answer to that? Who did I want to see dead? Did I even want to? ... Would it have been worth all those lives? Why can't I remember?!?

"I would have you wait before acting on any such things until you feel the time is right. Acting as you feel is right, while keeping in mind everything that is at stake."

Wesiri's words continued to dance through her head, their meaning seeming to be so far from her grasp. Acting on what? What was at stake? What was this right time supposed to be about?

"I suppose the beginning would be the best, and this story begins with a death: specifically, the death of Ace Roscoe."

In a singular instant, all the pain and confusion, all the mental blocks the first treatment Eri was subjected to vanished as everything came rushing back to her, all the blanks and all the confusion gone. What replaced them was a whole host of other feelings and emotions as the remembrance also meant she could again relive the pain and suffering she had to live under since. All the people who died, comrades and dear friends and perhaps dearest of all...

“Eri! Believe me! Trust me! No one else will!”

Hanging her head down, the tears of pain were now replaced with tears of sorrow and regret. How stupid she had been this whole time. Everything she had done since that stupid campaign? What had she accomplished? "I was so stupid," she muttered to herself under her breath, once again struggling with the bindings as she looked back up at the opaque transparisteel that separated her from her torturers proper. Though she couldn't see through the glass, she somehow knew there were two people in the other room, one of them in the middle, another towards a back wall. How did she know that? She didn't really know but she remembered the conversation with Wesiri and something he had done allowed her to feel their presence, for the lot of good it would do her right now.

Though she remembered everything now, she no longer felt the same emotions she had before, instead she felt a profound sense of guilt and shame, having let everyone down like this. I wished I had Mai, I wished I had...
"There's no outrunning a sniper." - Eri

Azra Avasara
Colonel
Colonel
Custom Title: (Dark/Not-So-Dark/What?) Knight, Omega Order

Post by Azra Avasara » 2012-05-14 21:03

CLANG!

WHOOSH! TING! CLANG!

Beneath the helmet, Thess' eyes shimmered like raging emeralds, glaring across the short gap that separated her from her training partner. Every second she spent staring at him, she could feel anger beginning to grow inside her: at him, for the smug way in which he carried himself and the glaive in his hands...and at herself, for having thus far failed to even scratch at his defenses. Had she really been away from combat for that long?

What irked her the most about her opponent was how embarrassingly easy he made it look. He was easily a decade and a half her senior, and he wielded the glaive with the finesse of someone two years her junior. ...Or like I would have two years ago... she concluded darkly, glad that the helmet kept the look on her face from being seen.

C'mon... she thought to herself, the anger almost palpable at this point. A sick feeling began to swell in the pit of her stomach as she followed the thought along to the next logical step. The Emperor christened you "Blood Rain" because you were actually competent at kicking ass. Have you grown soft? The self-inflicted mockery bought her a moment's hesitation, and the old man's glaive struck home again, this time sorely stinging her right wrist.

Biting back a string of curses, Thess looked at her opponent once more, this time peering past the mask. As she focused on the presence and stance of her sparring partner, and beheld the look concealed beneath his helm, it took a great effort not to scream in unbridled rage at the overconfidence on his features. Remember, child, she reminded herself with a slight rebuke. Emotion, yet peace; passion, yet serenity. Calmly, she steadied herself, bringing the weapon up to a cross-guard position as she brought the anger in her thoughts to heel. As the rage began to die down, her movements became more fluid, more responsive to the flow of her duel with the arrogant guardsman. He moved to strike, and she parried, the blades clashing for the briefest of instants before she had it twirling in her grasp again. Another slash, and another quick parry that touched for only the lightest of impacts, the briefest of moments. A third and final time, the old man struck...

...In a sweeping arc, Thess brought her glaive in low, passing just under and beside the man's attack; as he tried to adjust, she snapped the near blade upward sharply, rattling his wrist and disrupting his grasp on the weapon's hilt. With another circular strike, she knocked the weapon away, and a final twist of her own brought the blade to his now-unarmed wrist. "You may leave," she said, her tone drowning in authority. "I have no use for someone who allows arrogance and overconfidence to dull his edge." Dismissing his presence as no longer worth her attention, she turned to the ranking guard among the group assigned to her, ice laden in her tone. "See that his performance here is brought to the attention of the guard-captain. He is too prideful for his post."

In truth, she was grateful for the opoortunity that this sparring session with the guards had offered. Not only did it allow her to become familiar with the glaive again, but it had also allowed her to weed out the less-than-ideal among those being sent to her more immediate aid. "We are ready," she projected to the Supreme Commander once the rejected one had left the hallway. "One was found wanting...we are stronger for the absence."

Tycho
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
Custom Title: Alpha Lead
Organizational Unit: SPECWARCOM

Post by Tycho » 2012-05-15 02:18

Shorn nodded and turned to leave as soon as the Supreme Commander gave him the weapons free protocol, no need for anymore discussion. Tycho's steps decelerated as the Supreme Commander continued speaking, not yet done with him apparently. He took a single, slow, step before turning around sharply. Did the Supreme Commander know of the midnight visit that a younger Shorn and a Captain O'Dwyer had paid to the Surface Marshal's room? Or did everyone know? Their discussion had been innocent up to a point. It could be construed as discussion of thoughts of discontent, but treason itself? Tycho recalled some of the exact words he had used. Okay, so maybe treason wouldn't be such a stretch. His grey eyes looked askance at the Supreme Commander as he turned around. The eyes were worried, nervous, but determined.

The Supreme Commander's next few words did not surprise Shorn so much as bring home the truth of it all. He'd known that Eri might be subject to re-education. He knew that she might be forced to give up information on her friends. But Wesiri brought it home with a violent force only accentuated by the words spoken by the soft, distorted voice. His thoughts raced, going from fear and worry, to stark determination. If there was anything that would spur Tycho into relentless, reckless action, it was a friend in need. The dark shadows beneath Wesiri's glimmering black hood moved slightly, or was it Tycho's imagination.

Eyebrows drew together over stormy grey eyes, and the school boyish appearance of Tycho Shorn disappeared as the elite warrior took over, ready to kill. "Yeah," he said simply and turned around, leaving the presence of the great and powerful Wesiri. He would leave the station unharmed. Mostly.

He passed the Royal Guard again, who was no longer sparring, just standing idly. The glaive gleamed in the light of the glowrods and Shorn stared askance at the red robe as he passed, his grey eyes narrowed in suspicion that returned to him the appearance of a mischievous, roguish schoolboy rather than a trained killer. He didn't like the way the Royal Guard stared at him, with its single black eyeplate. Shorn put on his helmet and continued on. He blinked three times and the targeting systems came online, a reticle roaming around the screen while diagnostics scrolled on the display. Eventually, he made his way back to the hangar, where he and Spyker were supposed to wait for the others to group up so they could board a ship and get on with the mission.

Lynine Skycken
Coordinator
Coordinator
Custom Title: Jade
Organizational Unit: ISIS 15th Division

Post by Lynine Skycken » 2012-05-25 02:51

"Guess we didn't get a non-stop flight," Lynine said softly as she finished putting on the last of the light standard issue ISIS commando armour. The pilot had announced a brief stop-over to pick up a few more people over the intercom. The orders were still pretty vague from her standpoint, no one had been aboard to give them any sort of briefing though a note did say that someone would be filling her and Juni in. The vessel touched down on a hanger deck and the ramp lowered. Walking to the edge, she couldn't help but wonder if perhaps this was their stop, but she fast got her answer as a bunch of people wasted no time climbing up the ramp, looking at the startled ISIS commando who backed away in surprise. What the...? she thought, finally stepping aside to let them pass. Army commandos climbed aboard, along with a figure in bright red armour who seemed horribly out of place in a vessel filled with people sporting the usual special forces equipment and appearance.

The ramp quickly closed itself back up and the vessel took off again, Lynine having no choice but to return to her seat as she glanced at the new arrivals. "Hi," she began to the group, being the first to break the silence. "I... I take it one of you are going to brief us on what's going on exactly?"

The sight of all the heads turning to stare directly at her was a little more than unnerving, as though she had just denounced the NIF and swore allegiance to the NR and even she wasn't stupid enough to do that out loud. Parsing her lips together, she gestured to Juni and said flatly, "All we were told was to get aboard this ship which took off, stopped to pick up you lot and then departed again so it would be helpful if someone would at least inform us what this is all about..."

And perhaps explain why the two of us were picked over dozens more experienced and more rested agents I'm sure were at the base... She didn't like going into things blind, but it seemed to be a frequent occurrence lately and though she was starting to get the hang of it, Lynine still didn't mind trying to fish for a few answers, after all, how else was she going to keep the more non-combative skills in her repertoire sharp?
"I'd better come with you. Just give me a minute to get ready."
"Okay, but if you hear a loud explosion anytime soon, the trip's off." - Olivia Ofrenda & Manuel Calavera, Grim Fandango

Eri Ambicon
Surface Marshal
Surface Marshal

If you want something done [s]right[/s]...

Post by Eri Ambicon » 2012-06-05 02:20

"Get up Miss Ambicon..."

Eri slowly raised her head, tired and too wrecked with guilt and a fathomless shame to even frown back at the thin man speaking to her by the doorway. She was panting, shallow breaths that didn't seem to reach her lungs at all, oh how badly they burned... Flanking her on either side again were the abnormally massive beings, their expressionless stone faces undoing the bindings that held Eri's arms and legs down. It was easy to tell they weren't human, their dispassionate faces deaf to her unspoken pleas for help to make the suffering come to an end. In fact, it was doubtful there really were any humans in this place, and that thought only made Eri feel worse, as though it were somehow fitting she had ended up here.

Picked up to her feet by both men holding either arm, she tried to find her footing, but the drugs, combined with all the other torture instruments made her balance and movements sluggish and anything but steady. They started to drag her along as the thin man exited the room, forcing Eri to try harder to regain herself but all she could focus on was the memories that had previously been walled off, the mental dam the sickly doctor had built had burst, unleashing a torrent of sorrow and dismay that once again gripped Eri in a feeling that was worse than death.

"It would seem you're due for another treatment, wouldn't you agree?" the thin man cackled from ahead of her, his words echoing through her head. "Hindsight being twenty-twenty, I suppose we should have started with this and then turned you over to the doctor, but ah well, we've got all the time in the galaxy don't we?"

Eri blinked a few times, her green eyes fluttering up to the backside of the little man. By now, she had finally regained her breath, and her feet was starting to find the floor better and as soon as she could keep herself upright, she wrested herself free from the grip of the massive men who released their grip without fuss, maintaining their positioning however, ready to put one of their massive ogre-like hands around her skull and crush it like they would a bug. Stumbling forward, she took the opportunity to walk the drugs off, trying to clear her head a little more.

She was lead into a lift and as Eri entered, she finally started to take mental notes, forcing herself to toss aside everything that was troubling her, which was an effort in of itself but the thought that she might lose her mind again, possibly forever, was a strong motivator when she recalled the hellish nightmare she had just woken up from, plunged right into another one, but there was a key difference now, several in fact...

And now Eri knew exactly what she had to do...

The door started to close and, acting suddenly and decisively, Eri sprung into action, rushing forward, her right hand reaching out as she breezed past the thin man and just out of the reach of the two ogres who got in the others' way as they both tried grabbing Eri in the same spot, their uniform training proving to be their undoing and giving Eri the edge she needed as she escaped the lift right before the doors were able to close. Passing through them, however, triggered the IR sensors that forced them back open but by now, Eri was outside and turned around, a liberated blaster pistol in her right hand which she aimed into the lift, pulling the trigger several times at the charging ogres who were the first to burst out as the thin man hissed, "What do you think you're doing?"

Despite having a gun in her hand, Eri suddenly realized just how inhuman the ogres were, her initial volley having expertly caught the first one in the chest but the blaster bolts had done little more than slow him down, the smoking holes in his shirt revealing wounds that oozed a thick black ichor that further set them away from being normal beings. The second one however, had to maneuver around his compatriot and Eri now had a better handle of the gun, having gained enough distance to slow down to better her aim. Firing again, she aimed for its head and felt a satisfying feeling wash through her as the two bolts snapped the being's head back, causing it to fall down to the floor. Shifting her aim again, she fired off another shot at the first one who was now almost upon her, having crossed the few steps with a single bound, a clenched fist swinging at her.

Eri sidestepped the punch, firing off several more shots, aiming for its chest and side. Despite wounds that would have felled even a Wookie, this thing wasn't so easily felled and worse yet, it seemed to shrug off whatever pain it had to have been in, enough to finally connect a strike against the woman shooting him, the force of the blow sending her into the wall. Before she could recover, she felt pressure apply itself around her neck, pinning her to the wall. "Ugh...huuuuu..." she gasped for air as the thin man took a step out of the left, cackling again, clapping his hands in mock amusement.

"Commendable effort Miss Ambicon. I was wondering how long it would take before you pulled such a stunt..."

Eri's lungs were starting to burn for air, her blaster arm also pinned against the wall as she thought about ways to escape. "I... won't let you... brainwash me again..." she breathed as best she could.

The man spread his hands out. "Miss Ambicon please. We prefer the term 'repurposement'. There's a big difference and one that sets it apart from brainwashing."

More shots rang out, striking the orge holding her in place right in the kneecap, causing him to lose balance at last as his right leg gave in. It freed Eri enough to tumble away. The thin man shirked in anger, tripping over himself as he tried to get back to the lift. Getting back to her feet, Eri started backing away, her blaster back up, her breathing laboured but at least she was still alive, and still somewhat free. The thin man, on his back, looked at her with scared eyes as the blaster was aimed down, Eri looking through the sights so she wouldn't miss. Pulling the trigger, the other ogre, the one she had shot in the face, had suddenly sprung back up, catching the bolts with his massive torso. Eri backed away in horror, dismay, shock and surprise. "I-Impossible!" she cried, looking at the blaster for but a brief instant, wondering if it was set for stun or something despite having been firing red bolts the whole time. It was a DL-18, a gun not known to be lacking in power, or any other aspect for that matter. She had fought droids that weren't half this tough. And even Wookiees drop like a sack of topatoes when shot in the head once...

The thin man was laughing as he scrambled back to his feet, making a break for the turbolift again. Eri opened fire, but each of her shots were caught by the massive inhuman shield who seemed to be taking priority to protecting him than risk taking her down. The other one was also getting back up, his one bad leg seeming to have recovered enough to let him stand and limp at her with speed again. "By the Core, why don't you die!?!" Eri cried out incredulously, shifting her aim and drilling the liming one in the head several times, not stopping even as it slammed onto the ground with enough force to shake the floor beneath her. The first one also succumbed to his grievous wounds at long last, maybe having lost enough blood- or whatever the black stuff may have been- to cause its brain to implode or something, Eri wasn't in the mood to speculate as the cackling man disappeared behind closed lift doors before Eri could shoot at him again.

Biting back a few choice curse words, Eri looked at the fallen bodies for a moment. They only had on simple clothes but had nothing else in the way of belts, equipment or even weapons, which was just as well, they were bad enough unarmed. Turning, Eri did the one thing she probably should have done from the very start...

Run.

Azra Avasara
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Azra Avasara » 2012-06-08 04:05

For at least the second time today, Thessalia was grateful beyond words for the fact that Royal Guard armor came with a full-coverage helmet. Toggling off the internal comm for a second, she let out a soft sigh, mentally berating herself as she turned it back on after returning to being silent. It didn't keep a damned bit of it from the other guards, but she felt a bit better--in a more human sense than they would understand or appreciate--by doing it that way...especially since she could feel the flush on her face. Her cheeks were undoubtedly a red that would have made the suit upon her body look pale and poorly kept, and the emotions still moving about within her were the sort that definitely made for chaotic, turbulent thoughts. "Mind yourself," came the soft rebuke from one of her fellows, timed almost perfectly with her own thoughts. The words were exactly the same. "You sent one away for lacking purity of focus. Do not let yours be tainted as well."

As they drew nearer the shuttle, she at least afforded herself a slight smile at the thought that the others hadn't tried to force her off of the mission; it was an affirmation of sorts, that she was at least respected to some degree, however slight. That, or they were too afraid of earning the questioning gaze of the Supreme Commander, but...well, a girl could hope, right? Hope, however...led her to thinking of the commando again...

...and just as soon as her face had finally stopped being red, there it went again. Shaking her head, she calmly led the small team of Imperial Royal Guards onto the shuttle, fighting back a second sigh as she took a seat near the back of the vessel, off by the boarding ramp. Almost as soon as she had gotten herself secured, she removed her helmet, placing it on her left side on the bench where she sat. A furtive glance briefly cast itself out from her, shot in Tycho's direction, before she looked calmly at everyone else assembled for the trip, and offered a relaxed, confident smile.

There was, fortunately, nothing she could say that wouldn't be handled by someone with a better grab of the pulse of the situation. All that the Dark Jedi personally needed to know for this matter had been given in a meeting with her..dared she call him 'brother'?...in the Order, and had been handled with what she suspected was a concern for her particular predilection for brute strength. Silently, Thess closed her eyes and allowed herself to slip softly into a light, gentle meditation trance, thinking on the coming events as though she could will them to be her sole focus. Depending on what was going on when they all arrived, she had what she hoped would be a pleasant surprise in mind.

Spyker Katarn
Apprentice
Apprentice
Custom Title: IC: RSM, SWC, Army. OOC: Admin, Academy Instr.
Organizational Unit: SPECWARCOM, Omega Order

Post by Spyker Katarn » 2012-06-11 05:31

"VIP extraction, ma'am. One of our own is being held, and we've been elected to get her back." Spyker didn't reveal the name of their objective; he assumed the two ISIS agents had not been informed for some reason, opsec perhaps, but regardless, they didn't need to know at this time. It was just as well; the Director-General would likely be less than thrilled at the subversion of her authority by the Supreme Commander. She also probably would not enjoy hearing that one of her stealth shuttles had been co-opted for this mission. "How we're doing this, well, your guess is as good as mine. Whatever we do, though, it'll be in a target-rich environment. Carbines and other gear are in the crates there. Stock up while you can."

For his part, Spyker tossed the go-bag on a nearby seat, then began pulling out his various implements of destruction. His knucklers were already in place, having long been integrated into his armor, and he followed this up by sheathing two more blades on his lower leg. A fifth combat knife, this one significantly larger than the others, went into a sheath at the rear of his waist. As he laid the rest of his gear out, he could feel the eyes of one of the ISIS agents on him, this one looking to be just out of her teens. "Need something?" he said, without looking over.

"You really think all that's needed?"

"I like to be prepared. Even the best of plans inevitably falter. A good blade, however, never will." He returned to his work, inspecting both his firearms before putting them in their places: his thigh for the sidearm, and his back for the carbine. Attachments, ammunition, and grenades went into pouches on his armor, and he took a heavy load to be sure. Spyker expected resistance, and a lot of it. Nearly done, he pulled the last piece out from the bag: a ninjato-type short sword. A highly unorthodox weapon for a soldier, he couldn't help but feel it would see use this day. The pull of the Force willed it, and he would see it be done.

In short order, they neared the insertion point of the system where their target was said to be. As was his habit, Spyker stood near the hatch entrance, ready to take the lead when they touched down. Were he to be in the cockpit instead, he would see the modified battlestation of the Commissariat, looming and menacing across the vast distance of space. Truth be told, it was hard to miss. Through the Force, though, he could more than tell where it was; it was a nexus of the Dark side, emanating it in waves of hatred and despair from the tortured souls aboard.

So far, the shuttle's systems had kept them safely hidden, but it was only a matter of time before they were spotted by the sensors ringing the area. They had no way of knowing just how quickly they'd be spotted, though, and Spyker had barely enough time to grab onto the cargo netting next to him before a violent evasive maneuver slammed him into the bulkhead. Almost simultaneously, the ship's intercom broke in.

"Hope you guys are ready for this; LZ's hot and we're coming in fast. This might be a one-way trip." There wasn't time to reply, only to plan as one of the royal guards tossed him a thruster pack with a pair of O2 canisters.

"What's the plan?" Spyker shouted over the din of things crashing around the cabin.

"EVA. Next hit, the pilot's going to decompress the cabin to eject us as debris. Once we're clear, we jet to one of the hangars. Just stay in formation, and follow our lead." Spyker nodded and gave him a thumbs up before double-checking his suit; going extra-vehicular would mean death by slow decompression if his suit was punctured. Luckily, he hadn't developed any issues from the wild ride, and a secondary check by Alpha confirmed it. He did the same for the other man, and clapped him twice on the shoulder to acknowledge.

They were all ready for the next hit, and leapt out as the cargo bay's hatch was blown by the emergency bolts scattered around its frame. Crates and unclaimed gear flew everywhere, masking their drop, and the team simply ran with it, floating freely in the null-g. From his vantage, Spyker could see the doomed shuttle fly on before being torn apart by a lucky turbolaser shot. He closed his eyes; the mission had barely started, and they had already taken a casualty. Such a pointless waste.

When he opened them again, he saw the same royal guard waving to everyone. With a hand, he flashed them the signal to form up and follow. The noncom pulsed his thruster pack to align himself, then opened the throttle. His thoughts lay only on what lay ahead, on the Commissariat's battlestation, and if his thoughts could make it to the Surface Marshal, she'd hear only one thing.

'Hang in there, ma'am. Cavalry's on the way.'
“I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it.”

Lynine Skycken
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Lynine Skycken » 2012-06-12 03:17

Not prepared for the sudden jolt, Lynine surprised herself when she was able to take hold of a nearby support strap when the shot struck the shuttle. Everything happened in such a rush she barely registered the words spoken by the others or even the rocket pack and oxygen canister tossed her way. She had been drilled enough times in emergency situations to know how to put one on properly in as short amount of time as possible which was a good thing because next thing she knew, the entire group was leaping out of the shuttle's cargo bay into the void, the flurry of movement and debris flying past her- a single small container filled with packs of nutrient paste striking her in the back as they tumbled out- dizzying and disorienting her as the stars spun around for a moment before she triggered a few short bursts from the pack to stop the spinning. As she did so, her eyes fell into view of the immense moon that loomed before them.

"By the Stars," she gasped, her green eyes wide in both shock, awe and fear as she took in the scope of the immense astral body before them. Turbolasers arced out, trying to nail the shuttle and, with an unnerving accuracy, the vessel was destroyed, their ride home gone before it even got the chance to properly drop them off. But it wasn't the accuracy of the turbolasers that picked off a small, fast moving vessel that made her gasp, nor was it the small dots of light that could be seen on the dark side of the moon, no, it was the massive crater on what she could only assume was the northern hemisphere, a crater that looked very reminiscent of all the holos she had ever seen of two other such monstrosities the galaxy had the displeasure of knowing.

There was little mistake that the massive, well formed dimple on the surface of the moon was too well formed, too perfectly made and even a little too metallic looking to be a natural phenomenon. Her hands clenched into fists as questions started to form in her head. Everything she had heard about the Empire, everything that was so gut wrenchingly wrong about it, now manifested itself in her mind as nightmarish images of worlds burning or exploding in the same spectacular fashion as Alderaan. It didn't seem to be a question of if this battlestation would be used against worlds but when and Lynine already felt more afraid than ever, for her home world and for all the other peaceful planets that were only guilty of being caught in the middle of this stupid war that-

Motion caught her attention, snapping the commando out of her daze and forcing her eyes away from the imposing crater of a superlaser. The red robed royal guard was motioning for them to form up and advance upon the moon. This person must be pretty important for them to be trying to infiltrate a kriffing Death Star!!! she thought, looking at the others with disdain as she followed, now finding herself in the worst possible place in the universe.

They made a slow approach to the moon, the lack of an atmosphere meaning there was no air for them to burn up as they drew nearer. As they did get closer, it was only now that Lynine realized that the small dots of lights were mostly hanger bays though she also noticed lots of smaller little flickers of light which became easier to spot as she donned her nightvision, the long shadow cast by the moon as they fell closer into the darkside of it blinding her entirely without them. "They're... building on top of it?" She forgot that no one could hear her on account of space and she hadn't yet activated her comm though in hindsight, it was probably a good thing.

As they drew nearer, the royal guard signaled for them to be ready, the drop zone was going to be hot and Lynine knew she'd be lucky to land with the grace of a sack of topatoes when they crossed the environmental field. Already she could see small specks of movement from the light inside the massive bay, TIE Phantoms sitting in the racks though to her surprise, she didn't see any people, just a few maintenance droids working on the fighters. Crossing through the field, she triggered the rocket pack to quickly shift for the sudden gravity difference but, as Lynine feared, she was hardly an expert with the use of such devices and she landed awkwardly though she was still able to keep her weapon raised and ready.

The others were a little more graceful, and thankfully more focused on looking for hostiles than gawking at her inabilities. Tossing the pack and oxygen tank off her back, she lifted up the nightvision, the hanger having ample light to see with, and Lynine looked up at the droids working away on the TIEs above. If they noticed their presence, they weren't acting upon it, which made sense: droids were often tasked to only focus on the tasks they were assigned to do, things like observe the hanger entrance would take away from their primary duties and function.

By the dark abyss someone must have it in for me. I narrowly escape the Divergent and find the target and now I'm on a Death Star of all places, looking for another VIP... Lynine sighed, finding no shortage of ironies as she followed the now landed group, remaining cautious for movement and the possibility that a bunch of enemies might swarm through in response to their sudden intrusion. Looking at the royal guard and then at the man kind enough to humour her earlier question, she asked, "I take it we have no idea where to start our search huh?"
"Okay, but if you hear a loud explosion anytime soon, the trip's off." - Olivia Ofrenda & Manuel Calavera, Grim Fandango

Eri Ambicon
Surface Marshal
Surface Marshal

Post by Eri Ambicon » 2012-06-12 04:34

Though Eri would have imagined such a project would have demanded a high level of security, she was surprised at the lack of resistance she had encountered as she ran down the hallways, blaster in hand ready to use against the first person, droid or... thing that appeared and looked even remotely hostile. Her pace slowed as she finally gave into the burning sensation in her lungs, tired from both the brief fight, the torture and all the confusion that swirled about in her head. She needed to rest in the worst way and food wouldn't be a bad idea either...

Kay, I really didn't think this one through at all, Eri thought as she stopped for a moment, resting against the wall as she checked her blaster pistol. She lost count of the number of shots she fired and she mentally berated herself for it. How could she let herself get so sloppy? What happened to me? she asked, suddenly looking up as she heard the hiss of a nearby door open. Her gun was already up even before she registered the thought of raising it. The being that emerged wasn't a person or even a security guard but a droid, a general labourer droid to be exact. It didn't even register her presence or the fact it was only a slight pull of the trigger away from being a bucket of scrap metal.

From the door it had emerged through, Eri heard the distinct sounds of construction, the driving of rivets and sparking of welding torches. Venturing into the door it had emerged from, she got a better sense of what was happening as all manner of droids were in the process of drilling out rock while also erecting structural supports, the carved out rock fed into large mixing droids who turned the dust and rock into a slurry of duracrete that would then be used to form more walls and section off rooms and smooth out the surfaces for the application of metal sheets that would become the visible wall and ceilings. Eri recalled seeing a ship built in a shipyard, having been given a tour of it as a kid and seeing all the hard work that took place to make what, at the time, seemed like such a complex operation, but this was something else altogether. Part of her found a begrudging respect for the undertaking, though she had yet to see a single human or other sentient creature working on it...

Probably just as well, no living being would willingly work on such a thing any more and slave labor probably isn't what it once used to be. Venturing through the construction zone, Eri was careful to avoid the bulk of the activity, not wanting to be a victim of a haphazard of an errant powder-articulated driver shot. The door opening to the massive room opened up and Eri had just enough time to glance back to see a trio of the thick set goons enter. Eyes widening, she lifted her blaster up and took aim, benefiting from the cover offered by a couple droids working between her and the goons. They spotted her quite easily but not before she opened fire. The bolts slammed into the lead goon, sending him back, a pair of bolts even striking him in the face- though, to her annoyance, he didn't fall to the ground- while the other two rushed forward, smashing droids aside to get to her. Knowing she couldn't pull the trigger fast enough to drop them, she took off as well, rushing for a nearby set of scaffolding. She had enough of a lead to leap up onto the first platform before they were at the foot of the ladder.

Pointing her blaster down, she started shooting again as the pair of them grabbed onto the scaffold and began trying to rip it free from the anchor points holding it secure against the wall. Realizing this might not have been the best plan, Eri turned and rushed for the next scaffold, leaping clear of the first one as it started to finally groan and pull free from the rocky wall. The droids on it tried to tell the large men that they were conducting unsafe acts in a construction environment and weren't wearing the proper PPE- Eri herself moving along quickly enough to avoid being accosted- but they ignored them, even going so far as to pick one up and throw it into the next scaffold, hoping to hit the fleeing woman with the flailing droid.

Eri was back to climbing again, glad the genius in charge didn't see it fit to arm the freaks with guns though she somehow doubted their hands would fit in anything smaller than a rocket launcher, or so she liked to think but reflecting back, she couldn't help but wonder if these weren't the same sort of beings she had encountered back on Sarapin. Looking back down at them, she resumed firing again, watching with some amusement as they clamored over the ruined pipes, boards, droids and tools from the collapsed structure. They were much easier targets, but they were also keenly aware of this and were using their hands to block the shots, the underpowered pistol doing little against their thick hands as they approached. This was really starting to get on Eri's nerves as she saw the first one she had shot rejoin his fellows.

Movement from beside the large men caught Eri's eyes and she saw a droid, it's chest pierced by a thick piece of scaffold bracing and a glowing power source giving her a better target to consider shooting which she did, taking careful aim before pulling the trigger again, striking the small bank of power cells in the droid which triggered a small meltdown and subsequent explosion that sent all three of the men flying along with a ton of debris that Eri turned herself away from to protect herself as well. All the other construction droids had more or less either stopped working or were far enough away to calculate the chaos wasn't affecting them and so they continued working, which suited Eri just fine as she looked down at the trio after her. She saw one of them struggle to get back up and she didn't hesitate in taking aim once more and firing more shots to put him down for good. The others were still motionless, but Eri spent another six shots making sure the other two didn't get up either.

Tucking the blaster into the back of her waistbelt, she continued to get to higher ground. Much the the massive expanse was carved out already, multiple floors set up, maybe they were building a bank of turbolifts? It wouldn't hurt to find the blueprints but right now, survival was highest on her priority list, though finding a backup weapon was up there too. Something other than a hammer, wrench or hydrospanner... I'd rather keep my distance from those things...

Azra Avasara
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Azra Avasara » 2012-06-19 18:05

Thess sighed to herself, keeping the outbound squad comm in her helmet muted as the sound escaped her.  There was something wrong with her at the moment, she was sure of it; meditation had been difficult for her of late, true, but this was something else entirely, the sheer magnitude of how difficult it was for her to attain even a meager hint of the bliss that normally came with the act.  Adding to the irritation was the disturbance that she felt all around her as the shuttle continued to draw nearer and nearer to where it was going...like a deranged parasite had decided to attack her mind and feast on every thought that flowed forth from it.  She was exceedingly grateful for the helmet, now that she thought about it; the stresses involved in keeping this strange mental assault at bay were doubtless playing across her features, making her look fatigued beyond all reason before the work had even started.  On top of the fatigue and the parasitic sensation, there was a deep-seated rage clawing at her; the feeling of it made her lose concentration easily, lapsing from being fully alert to her eyes darting back and forth beneath the lenses of her helmet like they were ready to jump out of their sockets.  Indeed, if she didn't know any better, she'd wonder if someone had slipped some sort of narcotic into her system somehow...but this was truly far worse.  This was the Dark Side, strong and resonant...and she feared, deep down, that it had chosen to lash out at her because of her desire to find the Light.

When at last everyone began to gather their gear for the coming assignment, the Dark Jedi was slow to get up from her seat, still just a little on the weary side due to her inability to properly center herself and fully beat back the stresses of her mind's private Hell.  There was something palpable mixing in with all of it, adding to the latent Dark Side energies of the place...a subtle undertone of fear, of terror.  Unable to fully banish it, Thess instead tried to pull as much of it as she could into her senses, sensing each different tremor for what--and who--it was.  Hundreds of worried souls screamed their silent panic, rivaled only by the barely-contained hate flowing from the vast majority of those aboard the infernal place and washing over her from the Dark Side's dominant presence in the region.  Yet of all this...of all the voices of dread and loathing, and of all the whispers threatening to drive her mad...one voice was the loudest, strong enough that it indeed was a scream throughout her mind entire.  When she heard it, she was immediately thrust back to Dathomir, and the nightmare that had taken place that day.

"Eri..." she whispered, once again glad that she had left her comm on 'MUTE'.  In hindsight, she doubted the Force was so generous to such considerations.  "I'm sorry, friend; I will not fail you again."

Her right hand grasped tightly, almost like a claw, around the barrel of one of the carbines in the weapons crate; with her left, she quickly adjusted the strap attached to the weapon, looping it around herself so that the gun rested in front of her armor.  It made sense grabbing it, she surmised, casting one solitary look through the Force at the station they were about to infiltrate.  If the Surface Marshal were truly there against her will, as her fellow Dark Jedi had explained when recruiting her for this task, she would be unarmed.  For a sniper, any gun was better than none.

Hearing Eri's scream in the Force had brought with it a certain clarity, cold and grim; with that clarity came a greater attentiveness to her surroundings, and Thess realized as she listened in that the pilot was warning everyone about their LZ being hotly contested.  For a few seconds, she felt a pallor come over her at the idea discussed next: an EVA jump. First time for everything! she thought to herself, this time diligently keeping the thought to herself as she geared up for the jump.  Her thoughts briefly touched again on the shout she had sensed--truly almost heard--and as she geared up, she made her way over to the cabin exit, giving her equipment a quick once-over.

Before she knew it, she was in a sudden free-fall, weightlessly floating towards a space station that sent waves of revulsion throughout her being.  Simply looking on it caused the reality of the thing's horrible existence to come upon her in all its wretched, disgusting 'glory', and she had to fight the urge to roar in protest at the sight of it.  Worse still was the fact that they had to keep it undamaged...had to let such a monstrosity of engineering endure.  So help me, Jacen, if this thing sees any use...  Would sooner tear it down to the frame with my bare hands.  Stifling the anger-laden thoughts, she reached for her lightsabers, feeling emptiness where their hilts normally rested at her belt.  A quick glance behind her revealed that they were floating just beyond her reach, interspersed with some of the ruined shuttle's debris; a subtle pull from the Force brought them back to her grasp as the team closed in on the looming metal behemoth ahead of them.  In the back of her mind, she could see herself igniting the blades and ramming them into the station's exterior, using it as a catalyst for unleashing her fury on the blighted thing.

It was tempting to do just that as they landed against the station's outer surface, hands and feet pressing lightly against hull.  Their suits and attached oxygen supplies kept them alive as the Guardsman who had coordinated the jump made a quick head-count and got the group underway again; slowly but surely, everyone was on the way towards the massive mouth of the hangar bay, slipping in under the atmospheric containment field.  As soon as they were under the field and safely within the station's artificial atmosphere, Thess reached out with the Force, using it to look into the hangar just ahead of them.  The results were...

...disturbing.

Unmuting her comm, she toggled it on, biting back a sigh.  "Significant opposition ahead, everyone; gear-check and readiness reports." Her voice was eerily calm as she spoke again, words barely rising past a whisper. "This is gonna be rough."

Spyker Katarn
Apprentice
Apprentice
Custom Title: IC: RSM, SWC, Army. OOC: Admin, Academy Instr.
Organizational Unit: SPECWARCOM, Omega Order

Post by Spyker Katarn » 2012-06-20 06:03

"Rough? Just the way we like it, eh, Major?" Spyker started the banter early; he knew the importance of morale better than many, and certainly better than most here. The Protectors had a habit of being stoically silent, and while that worked for them, not everyone shared their sentiments.

"Speak for yourself, Sarge. I prefer the simple jobs, where things stay quiet."

"I hear that. Still, what's a little excitement now and then?" Spyker bounded up the outside hull of the asteroid-turned-battlestation towards the hangar, following the rest of the assault team. Once more, he checked to see if all his gear was in place; the weightlessness of space made it difficult to tell by feel alone, and so he ran his hands up and down where everything was positioned. All was well...until he checked his back mounts.

'Damn it!" Spyker thought to himself. His Deece, that one essential piece of equipment he carried to make him the one-man army he often was, was gone, torn away in the moments just after their expulsion from the shuttle. Without it, his effectiveness at range was limited to what his sidearm could reach, and he resigned himself to a close-quarters fight with opponents who would be better-armed. It would be a challenge, that was for certain.

Right on cue, Spyker crouched with the others just below the magnetic containment threshold, hidden from those inside. Risking a quick look, he engaged the stealth systems of the Camoleon suit, blurring his form against the blackness of the void behind him before poking his head up. A sizable contingent of personnel roamed the hangar, clad in varying uniforms, and looked like everything from fighter technicians to security forces. The software in his HUD immediately tagged everyone in view and tracked it over to the other team members, appearing as red diamonds in their helmets. Acknowledgement lights lit off in his own HUD as they signaled receipt of the information, and he pulled back, leaving a hand on the threshold to remain ready to move when the go was given.

It didn't take long. Several of the diamonds were brightened on his display, signifying his assigned targets; no doubt the others had received the same instructions, and he hoped they would stay out of his way. One of the Royals gestured for the team to fan out, and Spyker shifted to a spot close to his first target. Within seconds, a green light burned in his HUD, and he pushed off from the hull, drawing his pistol as he went. His boots hit the deck, sidearm up and ready to fire. His target had its back turned, and it was an easy shot for the veteran commando and sniper.

His first bolt took the target in the back of the head, tearing through the occipital lobe and dropping it to the ground like a puppet whose strings were cut. A second and third bolts rang out, taking the second diamond in the neck and left temporal, with his fourth, fifth, and sixth entering the third target in a textbook triple-tap. The echoes of other fire rang through the hangar as his comrades opened up on their own targets. The battle was joined, the timer began. For all their sakes, he hoped they could get out alive.
“I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it.”

Azra Avasara
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Azra Avasara » 2012-06-20 23:12

Thess nodded once, almost imperceptibly, at the banter that had been exchanged between the two SWC operatives.  While she found the nature of it perhaps a little unbecoming, there wasn't much she could do about it, and there was enough of a sense of understanding in them about the dangers the group faced that she knew better than to let loose and snap at them over it.

Information filtered into her viewscreen, a series of targets popping up as little red diamonds, some of them burning brighter than the others.  She recognized the glow instantly, and just as quickly noticed the target designator next to each one.  Another series of targets began filtering in at her discretion, the diamonds turning black over several targets clustered in one area of the hangar.  Calmly, she reached over and grabbed her glaive, slowly drawing the weapon in one hand as she took in a slow, deep breath, vaulting herself over the edge of the hangar deck as she exhaled.

She broke into a brief run as she touched down on the deck plating before once more hurling herself into the air amidst the roar of blaster fire, leaping clear across the hangar to land in the middle of her chosen group of targets.  As she rose--even before she was fully standing--her glaive's edge was carving through flesh and armor alike.  Behind her, her first victim was impaled on the weapon's blade, the vanqished woman's throat spilling forth as the weapon broke flesh on both sides and was jerked back out violently.  In the same motion, the Dark Jedi brought her weapon around in a sweeping arc, cleaving through the space around her and sending everyone in her presence scattering.  With room to move more fluidly, she began to pick up the pace, her body and weapon flowing so quickly that they became as a blur of impossibility amidst an otherwise-slow reality.  The glaive's deadly grace became apparent as the two beings--armor-clad woman and lethal implement--moved in harmonious accord, the weapon at once both an extension of Thess' own self, and a weapon held under her complete and unyielding control.  Delicately, the blades of the weapon slashed through foe after foe, killing some outright and maiming others; one target would drop to his knees, weapon resting untouched in its holster, while the man next to him found his eye impaled by the same sharp edge, an inch or two of blade length gouging into his brain.

In short order, Thess had eliminated the entire group of hostiles she had claimed as her targets; most of them lay on the deck, bleeding, while those fast enough--or perhaps foolish enough--to draw their weapons had been outright killed.  Anger and adrenaline clouded her mind, and the blood of her fallen foes had formed enough of a fine mist over the viewscreen of her helmet that her sight was restricted to the Force, in which her anger served to only further obscure her senses.  A loud warning sounded through the din deep within her, just a split second before one of her wounded victims rose up to try and charge at her, a scream of pained rage sounding from a blood-choked throat.  The surprise was just the edge he needed to get a clean chance, and his arms wrapped as tight as they could around her neck.

That was where his advantage ended.  Try as he might, he could not summon the strength to heft Thess up and try to break her neck; instead, all his efforts did was break the seal holding her helmet down against her armor, causing it to slip from his sanguinary grasp and fall to the deck with a heavy thunk.  Weakened from the exertion and blood loss, the man looked at his now-unmasked assailant...and then down at his chest, where a shimmering purple blade had lodged itself in less than the blink of an eye.  His grip went very slack in that instant, and as it did, a blade of a deep, molten red hue buried itself within him, just above its violet twin.

Thess let out a soft sigh as the man fell away from her and gracelessly slid off of her weapons, grateful for the chance to catch her breath just as much as she was oddly relieved that she was free of the helmet.  No time for masks! she thought to herself, looking at everyone else that had come along for the operation.  With a wave of one hand, her armor once more took on her preferred look, the armored robes of her station within the Omega Order.  Whether any of them looked on her as a now-shamed Royal Guard, or saw her as an unholy monstrosity, she didn't care; she was only looking at them because the sight of the blood coating her and strewn all around her was--though fitting for many reasons--vastly less appealing.  Trying to regain some sense of calm, she reached out for the Surface Marshal's presence, stepping out of the pool of blood and throng of dead and wounded as she did so.

Lynine Skycken
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Lynine Skycken » 2012-06-21 03:36

Professionals... Lyine observed as she watched the guard and commando get straight to work, dropping nearly every living being in the hanger with consummate ease. She blanched at the sight of the royal guard butchering the hanger techs who were barely armed with more than a service pistol though, from where she had been crouched, Lynine could see the ones who had a moment to react were all instinctively reaching for their sidearms even if none of them were able to get off any shots. Her training had taught her that remaining unseen was the best and to incapacitate anyone and everyone in the event she was detected so really in the end the seemingly needless slaughter was just a product of their training.

Seeing the unmasked guards face after the last tech was dispatched, Lynine somehow wasn't surprised to see the figure beneath it. Maybe it was just her current mood- the lack of a nearby star did that to her- or just the fact she was still flabbergasted at the fact the Federation possessed a Death Star- the notion reinforced by the numerous Federation emblems emblazoned all over the place- but Lynine found herself not surprised, or unable to care. Getting up, she advanced forward with the others, not really sure where they were going to advance now as the hanger was now devoid of targets to shoot at though, through the transparisteel viewport on the back wall up by the ceiling, Lynine could see figures, one of them waving his arms madly about.

"We're going to have company soon," she muttered loud enough for the others to hear, her green eyes fixed on the viewport. Raising her own blaster, she thought about firing a few shots and then decided better of it. Hanger walls, doors and windows would have been designed to withstand a sudden depressurization or hanger explosion so a single blaster bolt wouldn't do much except maybe make them freak out a little more. "We better get goin-"

Lynine was cut off suddenly by the sounds of the hanger doors opening on the opposite end. Everyone either scrambled for cover or reflexively raised their own weapons to meet the new threat, which was quick to establish the fact that they were a threat as blaster fire started raining upon the group. Her reflexes, though somewhat honed from training and life experience (that she could have done without), Lynine's reaction speed compared to that of the unmasked guard must have seemed as though she were an oak tree as the woman spun around and readied her own weapon, parrying the bolts in rapid succession with a glowing blade.

"Well shit," the commando snorted as he ducked behind a repulsor sled for a brief moment, brandishing his blade, "Time to see how well this blade works against droids."

Having dove behind a shallow box that probably contained a few packs of food stuffs or something, Lynine was content to use her blaster instead as she aimed in the direction of the new arrivals, finally able to get a better look at the droids. They were roundish droids that were walking on three legs with two arms that both ended in dual blasters that were pouring out an unholy amount of firepower in their general direction though their aim seemed to hint that they were more interested in suppressing fire than trying to kill the whole lot of them. Blue bubbles surrounded the ones that were shooting, shields most likely, which would make killing them that much harder. The ones closer to the rear were folded up into wheels and were rolling further into the hanger, past their unfolded fellows, spreading out into flaking positions that would see the group caught in a deadly crossfire.

"Those droidikas?" Lynine asked aloud over the noise of blasters as she took aim at one of the rolling ones, snapping off a few quick shots and able to see them go just wide before she was forced to duck down as another one of the droids turned its attention on her, the shots pinging off the box. It was now that Lynine realized how poor her choice of cover was as several bolts actually punched through the thin composite container, one of them grazing just past her left shoulder.

Eri Ambicon
Surface Marshal
Surface Marshal

Post by Eri Ambicon » 2012-06-21 05:04

Having rummaged through a few tool lockers- after shooting the locks off them first- Eri had found a replacement weapon which was hardly elegant but it would serve its purpose well enough as she held the powder articulated driver in her hands. The device was meant to fire spikes or nails through solid duracrete using an explosive powder to provide the driving force. Eri had re-purposed the device to fire these nails at whoever, or whatever she aimed at. She had fired slugthrowers before in the past which were a lot more challenging than blaster weapons as the much more massive slugs would drop off at a much higher rate than blaster bolts and they were more prone to being affected by the wind. The power she had with this gun paled compared to that of even the most basic of slugthrowers, but she was just glad to have an ranged alternative to her blaster. Plus, the dead officer by her proved that nails were just as effective as slugs or blaster bolts, the spike sticking out from his right eye.

Now fitted with a fresh blaster pack, and a backup blaster to the blaster, Eri continued in her seemingly random direction, unsure which was was even up any more. She hoped she could get lost in all this construction and then slip past the guards while they ransacked the area looking for her. However she wasn't seeing very many scouts or guards, either because they had completely lost track of her and had way too much ground to cover, or they were hoping to wear her out before moving in.

Really in deep this time, she sighed as she continued climbing up, no longer really caring where she moved so long as she got herself somewhere. The officer also had a commlink which she helped herself to, using it to stay on top of all the latest comm chatter. There hadn't been much at first, in fact, she didn't even think this comm was being used to coordinate the search effort at all and was about to change frequencies when a general message was broadcast, addressing all personnel aboard the station.

"This station is under attack. I repeat, Deus Ex Mechania is under attack. All personnel report to your stations."

"'Deus Ex Mechania'? Is that what they're calling this place?" At least it didn't have the overbearing and menacing ring to it like the terms "Death Star" and "Star Destroyer" did but it also made Eri wonder what was going on here exactly. She didn't dwell on it for long as she turned her focus to survival and escape before she would work on the minor details that wouldn't help her right now.

So someone else had come to attack. Could the New Republic have found out already? Last Eri checked she didn't wear tracking devices and she doubted anyone would be coming here for her, it was a Federation facility after all. And besides, no one thinks I'm in danger right now... Sighing, she thought about sending a message through the comm to whoever was attacking the place, but then thought better of it. She wasn't about to give away her location before knowing it herself and knowing the surrounding area. There has to be a defensible position somewhere... Eri thought as she looked around in an effort to find a spot that would give her the most commanding vantage point to hole herself up in. None was readily apparent so she continued climbing, passing more construction droids that continued to remain blind and unaware to her presence. Now was one of those times she wished she knew how to do a bit of reprogramming...

Tycho
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
Custom Title: Alpha Lead
Organizational Unit: SPECWARCOM

Post by Tycho » 2012-06-21 23:54

Cycling through targets, Shorn dropped them with three round bursts that tore through flesh and bone, putting thumb sized holes in the chests and heads of the targets. He tried to keep his mind clear of the thoughts racing through his head. These were Imperials he was killing. They might be holding Eri hostage, but they were still Imperials. Tycho told himself over and over that they were the traitors, not him. It was the only justification he had for what he was doing. What they were all doing.

In the entropy of the battle, the Royal Guard seemed to thrive. Tycho caught glimpses over her fight as he glanced over several times. It was a blurred flash of scarlet and black, with the humming of a glaive and the screams of the dying serving as the soundtrack. Only a twisted mind could say it was a beautiful scene. Rank ugliness was the harsh reality. The smell of dying men, coughing up blood and breakfast as well as the horrid stench of burnt flesh nauseated even the most veteran fighter. The screams alone were enough to cause a chill along the spine, but when combined with the wet chunk of a glaive sliding through flesh and bone it made the skin crawl.

Tycho Shorn had no time for those thoughts. In a firefight, distraction could cost lives. With a last burst of fire, Shorn put smoking holes in the chest of the single remaining hostile. He turned away, trying not to watch as the man collapsed to the floor, blood pooling beneath him in a sickening parody of life-giving rain-puddles. Twin hums sounded from behind Tycho and to the right. He realized a second later that the abrupt end to the sound of fighting meant all the hostiles were dead. He let out a sigh. His boots clicked softly against the glossy, black floor in the sudden silence as he put a new power pack into his blaster and turned around.

In the space of a few moments, a metamorphosis had occurred. In place of a Royal Guard stood a helmet-less woman, her black hair hung about her shoulders and fiery green eyes stared out from beneath a glowering brow. Two lightsabers cast purple and orange hues onto the blood and flesh that spattered the front of her armored robes. She radiated power and anger. Tycho's brows raised in shock, his mouth opening slightly. She was a Dark Jedi. Shorn, struggling to control his mix of emotions, which ranged from anger to confusion and back to anger, turned to his only outlet: dry remarks.

"Hello, beautiful nightmare. Should I be worried about you using your glow sticks on us?" His grey eyes were storm clouds. He glanced down the hangar as a sudden rumbling, clanking sound issued from the opening blast doors. Droidekas began to roll in. "Son of bantha," he muttered and dove for cover.

The metal canisters he hid behind fared well for the first few rounds poured into them. The heat radiating from the slowly melting metal registered on Tycho's heads up display in his helmet. He glanced over to see one of the ISIS agents in a similar predicament. They were in a tight spot. Shorn had variety of grenades attached to his belt, but using one this early on in the fight seemed like a bad idea. The Dark Jedi, or Royal Guard, whatever she was, had a noticeable lack of a helmet, which meant communicating across the hangar was going to be more difficult than it should.

"Hey, lady with the sabers!" Tycho shouted. "If you can use the Force, bang those droidekas against a wall, or knock them over. It'll short out their shields and we can finish 'em off without getting our heads blown off."

For a reply, a gust of energy blew two of the droidekas off their feet, causing them to slam into the ground. Their shields fizzled out and a triumphant Tycho took aim. Shorn made sure that he didn't expose himself to fire from the other droidekas more than was necessary, which was a significant problem considering how many of them there were. Ducking behind the canister, Shorn took careful aim and put a burst of plasma into the processing center of one of the downed droids.

"One clanker down," Tycho glanced at the others and let out a snort of exasperation, "too many more to go."

Before he could take out the second droideka, a cluster of bolts imploded near his position, causing him to retreat behind his precious cans. This was going to take too long. There were too many of them and their overlapping fields of fire made it nearly impossible to fire back. Suddenly, gouts of flame combined with more tumbling droidekas caused the incessant fire to lessen considerably. Shorn turned around his can in time to see a droideka's bronzium armor melting beneath the intensity of the flames pouring from the Dark Jedi's hands. Ouch. Tycho managed to take out two more of the droidekas by hitting their processing centers with well placed shots. If the Dark Jedi could keep knocking them off their feet, the rest of the team could finish them off. Droidekas seemed like invincible targets. Until you pushed them over.

"And I thought my design flaws were bad."

Lynine Skycken
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Lynine Skycken » 2012-06-24 22:14

That was an effective tactic, and downed targets were a lot easier to shoot at than ones rolling across the floor as Lynine managed to finally hit one of the toppled over droids. Ignoring the fact that it was a stationary target that was flailing about ineffectually to get back on its feet, Lynine felt a little better about herself as she turned her aim to another droid. Pointing to the door behind the group, the one opposite from where the droids had entered, she said aloud to the man with the bright ideas, "Cover me, I'm going to get the door open so we can get out of here." Though she made it sound like some noble idea, she was only saying that because she knew the fragile cover she had been hiding behind was going to be destroyed if more of the repeater fire struck it.

Activating the cloaking device on her armour, she finally got up and made for the door. Why she hadn't activated it beforehand, when the droids had first arrived... One of these days I'll get used to the idea that I can turn invisible. Reaching the door, she looked at the small control panel and reached for the small slicing device she carried, knowing its precise placement on her belt despite not being able to see it. The design, however, was such that it was easy to figure out what to do with what and where it should go and as she used her fingertips to gauge where the ports were on the panel, she ducked instinctively as a few stray bolts strafed across the wall just above her.

C'mon, c'mon... It was one thing to try and slice a door open in an enemy base but another thing entirely when in an enemy base and under fire, even if she wasn't being actively targeted. Finally she felt the small probe slide into the socket and a feint beep announced the device was starting to operate. It ran through the necessary series of protocols and encryption keys before finding the necessary code to access the motors that would open the door. A double-beep announced the proper code was found and awaiting her input to either open the door fully or just partially or even just unlock the motors so she could manually slide it open.

"Door's unlocked," she called to the others, activating the button that would open the door and lock it open. Unplugging the device, she returned it to her belt as she darted through the threshold, blaster in hand as she scanned both sides of the hallway. No one was around, but how long that would last was anyone's guess. "Clear," she announced, keeping the cloak active at this point in hopes of getting the drop on anyone who might stray into the corridor. Hope this doesn't take longer than three hours... The thought of ill-mental effects was a little off-putting, heck, what if her brain was degrading right now?

The others slowly made their way through the door and when the last person was through, Lynine slammed the button on the console in the hallway to seal the door shut again, not wanting a bunch of rolly-polly droids with repeaters chasing after them. They probably would anyways, but they'd have to find an alternate route. "Where to now?" the invisible voice asked, addressing no on in particular.

Azra Avasara
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Azra Avasara » 2012-06-25 20:50

Thess allowed herself a brief moment  to chuckle inwardly at Tycho's initial remark, feeling almost genuinely flattered by it.  For something that she suspected was in reality meant to be at least slightly condescending, it was delivered in a manner that made it seem...sweet, and kind.  At the same time, though, there was some sort of devilish hint to it...or was she imagining that, out of what she'd felt earlier?  "Relax, sug," she replied, that self-same devious glint in her eyes, the tone of it working through the gentle twang in her voice.  "You're perfectly safe in my hands.  An' if you wanna use your 'glowstick' on little ol' me..."  For just an instant, her voice went low...soft...sultry, even.  "...Well, just ask next time, doll, y'hear?"

She concluded with a rather suggestive wink, more through the Force than on the surface; in the same instant, her weapons were once again out and flashing through the air, intercepting bolt after bolt.  Most of the shots were sent back in the direction of the droids firing them, a concentrated effort on her part to try and damage them with their own fire...yet every so often, a stray round aimed high and away on her blocking formation was only tipped ever so slightly.  Thess was, for that, rather grateful that Lynine had managed to point out where the catwalk in the giant hangar was located; blast shielding or no, the idea was to scare them out of the area, so they'd be unable to see what happened later.

The Force was a source of strength...for some, that strength was of the mind, whereas others found it in strength of body, or in their weapons.  Still, strength was strength.  Thess was possessed of a gift in the Force: the strength of change so potent, it was almost perfectly, seamlessly fluid.  Her aura shifted subtly, at her will, and soon molded itself not into that of the transformer, but the emitter; with it came a crashing wave of Force energy, radiating from her in a forward cone that spanned the entire hangar deck.  Two of the droids were caught in the effect, and fell like stones in a pond...

...Yet still, their siege kept coming.  A good while ago, the Dark Jedi had learned to harness her emotional sensations, to use them as a near-endless source of fuel.  As long as she could feel them, she could react to them...and as long as she could react, she was armed and dangerous, even without her weapons.  The round little droids had given her sufficient emotional stimulation...now, they begged for a proper response.

In the back of her mind, Thess could sense Lynine moving to the far door, and whatever remained of her proper maternal instinct finally took over right then; without so much as a whisper, she shifted her position slightly, intercepting the path in which the droidekas would have to fire to harm the agent.  Rage, raw and unbridled, began to swell within her at an alarming rate, and her hands--still clenched around her lightsabers--began to glow with an aura of a deep reddish hue, the sickening color of blood.  Anger crashed through her, a nightmarish roar booming out from her lips as the flames began to pulse and burn, emanating from her hands as targeted lances of furious fire.  To the droids' collective credit, the fire took a bit before it was able to successfully penetrate the shielding, even with the damage that the protective barrier had sustained from reflected blaster fire, but the dark woman's anger was too much for them, and the fire overwhelmed them.

Not long after the torrent ended, there was only a pair of the wretched machines left to attack them.  Thess began to advance shortly after Lynine announced that the door had been unlocked, waiting just long enough to give the others a chance to get behind her and the twin blades with which she batted away each and every shot that came her way.  The last of the group to cross, she had the briefest of chances to see the droids begin to roll away before the door slammed shut on her, allowing her a chance to finally relax.

The stealthed agent's question was something Thess barely registered as the Force took her mind once again; to be fair, she was more concerned with finding the Surface Marshal than fielding questions on the matter, and would have paid well for the inquiry to be left alone.  Still, it seemed all too fitting that she'd wind up having to answer it.  "Sergeant..." she projected to Spyker, "could you and your loud friend help find a way to keep the ISIS tots busy?"  With a sigh, she brought her sabers back out, the weapons remaining unlit as their master silently wished that she'd been able to let them sit a bit longer.  She hadn't been able to sense much through the Force...but, it had been enough.  "This way," she muttered, the twang in her voice out of place with how icy she now sounded.  "It doesn't feel too far off."

Eri Ambicon
Surface Marshal
Surface Marshal

Post by Eri Ambicon » 2012-06-29 02:09

Slumping down, Eri finally stopped to rest, completely lost and unsure where she even was any more. If she wanted to, Eri felt confident enough to get back to where she started the whole trek but she dreaded having to think about how many people she would have to pass by that were hunting for her in order to do so. Leaning her head back, she closed her eyes, welcoming the idea of rest while at the same time doing everything possible to stay awake. She was thirsty, tired and getting hungry and because only droids were around doing all the mining and construction work, it meant the only "food" that was around was the sort meant to feed their tools or keep their joints lubed up and free of all the dust.

Though right about now, motor oil doesn't sound half bad... The drugs they had doped her up with had completely dehydrated her system and now Eri was starting to realize this was one of her least bright ideas, that maybe just letting them take her back to- NO! I won't let them brainwash me again... Looking at the blaster in her left hand, she wished there was a way to check the number of charges left in the powerpak, so she could be sure she would take as many of the freaks who ran this place down before she turned the weapon on herself.

Smiling weakly, she thought about how sad it would be to die here. Here rests Eri Ambicon, died because of her stupidity and impatience... By that logic alone she thought she had to hold out, wait for an opportunity but what opportunity would exist? There was only one of her, in a place mostly staffed by droids and inhuman freaks who could probably crush a cube of durasteel to dust with their bare hands. Taking in a deep breath, she opened her eyes, looking down from the scaffold to the floor below. The door to this particular section had opened up and a pair of armed goons entered. Really? They get to use guns now? she thought, seeing the E-11s look laughably tiny in their massive hands. Could probably dual wield them like pistols.

Reaching for the powder articulated driver, Eri slid over to the edge of the scaffold and aimed down. Taking careful aim, raising the barrel just above her mark to account for gravity, Eri fired. The powder charge went off with a bang and shot a large nail out of the barrel. Her target recoiled, the nail sticking out of his head but, unsurprisingly, the thick skinned bastard didn't fall and instead looked up at where the shot came from and spotted Eri quickly readying a second shot. I swear, if I get out of here, I'm going to find a way to kill them with one shot, even if its with a damn proton torpedo!

Before she could take aim again, she was forced to duck away as the carbine in the soldier's hand barked, firing stun bolts in her direction. Eri fought back the urge to curse as she waited for a break in the shooting. There was no break, though the firing did slow down to not be as rapid, but was maintained and kept random enough for her to not really have any really useful opportunity to try and get off a shot. That could only mean one thing, his cohort was climbing up in her direction and sure enough, she could feel the shaking from the clomping of boots on the ladder. Slowly crawling over to the ladder, keeping herself out of sight from the other goon, she extended the gun out from over the platform and pulled the trigger, firing another nail. Though she couldn't see it, the shot struck the second one in the face, just below the right eye. Any normal being would have screamed or grunted even, but they instead remained silent as the E-11's aim shift over to her new position, bolts flying overhead. Backing away, Eri pulled back on the reloading lever, sliding a new nail into place while the revolver style powder holder spun a fresh charge into place.

I could probably fire faster if I didn't have to take aim, or if they redesigned this stupid thing... Eri quickly scrambled behind a large tool case, waiting for the one climbing the ladder to poke into view. As she had expected, she saw an E-11 appear first, spraying stun bolts all over the place, several pinging ineffectually off the toolbox she was behind. Taking aim again, she fired, impaling the gun with a spike that rendered it completely useless as it suddenly stopped firing. The gun was quickly tossed away while Eri pulled back on the reloading lever. She saw the head of the goon appear next, followed by the chest as he brought himself up on the platform. Firing again, she aimed for the chest. The shot struck him, but because he had a tight grip on the handrails, he kept his balance easily and now had two spikes sticking out of him in what would have been a very amusing moment if Eri's life didn't hang in the balance.

He advanced and Eri fired yet again before giving up entirely and switching to her blaster. She managed to get off one shot before she was suddenly grabbed, the goon right over top of her, hand clamped around her neck, the other hand holding her blaster arm down. His expressionless face regarded her, black ichor oozing from the nail that impaled his right cheekbone. Reaching for the tool chest, she dropped the nail gun and grabbed a hammer, hoping to use her last ounce of strength to clock the bastard over the head. He caught her other arm with his free hand and twisted it, hard, Eri hearing the snapping of bones as pain shot through her entire right arm. She wanted to scream, the tears already starting to form in her eyes, but nothing escaped. The blaster still in her hand, she used the opportunity to resume firing. He staggered, but the grip remained tight. Seeing no other alternative, she kept firing even as he fell backwards over the edge, Eri still stuck in his grasp.

They hit the platform below, tumbled a bit before falling to the next one down, the grip finally released and Eri free though now also stuck with the momentum that kept her falling from platform to pole to handrail to plank before finally landing on a pile of bags filled with some sort of grey powder, duracrete powder probably, it didn't matter as she whimpered in pain, rolling over slightly to try and apply pressure to her broken arm. This is it, she thought, rolling off of the pallet of redi-mix duracrete and onto the floor where she quickly scrambled to her feet again, hoping to take the opportunity to put some distance between herself and the remaining one. More of them were arriving now, and through the pain, Eri realized she had no possible escape left. Realizing it was over, she quickly put the barrel of the blaster against her head, a dark smile on her face as though she still had the power to deny them the fruits of all their labour.

Click...

The smile vanished, Eri having heard the iconic sound of an empty and chargeless gun enough times to know there was no point trying to pull the trigger again like some flabbergasted villain in those holos. Hanging her head, she tossed away the blaster, using her freed up arm to support the broken one as the goons closed in, sure of their victory.

A-9 stood just outside, smirking from ear to ear. "I must say, you've done well. Few people have managed to kill a single blood trooper, let alone the half-dozen you've taken out. I hope you can see your own value through all this trouble." Turning, A-9 lead the way, the eleven blood troopers completely surrounding the defeated Surface Marshal, giving her no gap, no possible chance to escape, not that Eri was going to try any more. "Now that all the fight is out of you, the procedure shouldn't take half as long now."

"Just promise me you'll heal up my arm."

"Of course. I don't expect you to have the same healing abilities the others do." He snickered. "Now, correct me if I'm wrong but you're allergic to bacta right?" Not waiting for an answer or even bothering to check if she was nodding or not, he said with the sort of tone of someone who had just won a great victory, "You're in luck. We do keep Kolto on hand."

Azra Avasara
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Azra Avasara » 2012-06-29 21:39

There were many, many words that Thess had for the Death Star...  Repulsive; inhuman; pointless.  Somehow, though, 'enormous' also fit the bill quite nicely.  Maybe it was just the grand scope of the emperor's project, and maybe it was just that looking at it from the ride in and walking around inside it offered two starkly different, equally staggering conceptions of what was considered large, but the station was downright immense.  Sighing to herself, the Dark Jedi continued to lead the way cautiously.  They hadn't come upon any additional packs of security forces--even the spared droids from the hangar had left them alone--so she had naturally assumed that the focus of attention had once again fallen on their quarry...and with the sensations she was starting to feel in the Force, that was a very, very bad sign.

Slowly but surely, the signs had developed into something telling of a fight.  Thess began to pick up speed, waving the others along to follow as fast as they could while she ran, quickly moving as fast as her legs would carry her.  The Force whispered...things, about the Surface Marshal's current struggle, things that Thess didn't want to hear, things none of those with her would want to hear.  Though unlit, the Dark Jedi kept her lightsabers firmly in her grasp, holding the hilts in a reverse grip; her thumbs were a twitch away from brushing the ignition switches, and a gesture through the Force would doubtless ignite them quicker than that, if need be.

A few minutes into the run, however, Thess stumbled slightly, a sensation coming to her that she had never expected...never wanted to feel.  Behind her, she could sense the others slowing down just to avoid knocking into her, multiple sets of eyes falling on her in confusion.  "I...I don't know," she said, voice sounding a little weakened from the strange tremor in the Force.  "It's like she...she just...gave up."  Not that their situation wasn't already desparate, but somehow, saying it out loud gave the matter that extra touch of the feeling, and she could feel it flood everyone at the same instant: this yet-nameless person they had to rescue, giving in to her captors.  It was raw panic at this point.  "Let's move," she remarked, already back to running through the halls...this time, faster than before, to make up for lost time.  "Force alone knows where she's being taken, and it'll be better we get to her before then."

It didn't take much longer for the deflated spirit to grow in Thess' periphery, a powerful epicenter of disturbance in the Force.  Indeed, Eri was near...as were several others, easily numbering a dozen.  Most of them felt violent, but there was one that, were she to describe his presence, felt...calm.  Serenely calm, as though victory was locked up in his favor.  The other eleven signatures were...something else, and she couldn't exactly place it.  All she could truly make out was that they were aggressive...and she couldn't sense anything evem remotely resembling fear in them--any emotion, for that matter; just stark aggression.  Mentally plotting out their positions and projecting all of the relevant information to everyone with her, Thess took extra care to mark which one she had felt was in charge, and which was their target VIP.  "Twelve hostiles, one package.  Weapons free, gang.  Let's do this."

The voice that came from around the corner sickened her, a cold shiver running through her spine.  Calmly, Thess removed the carbine she'd been carrying on herself, passing it along to Tycho; with it, she gave him a quiet nod, and projected instructions into his mind to give Eri the gun once they had her in the group.  Stepping out from the corner to face the oncoming group, she shot the technician in front a wicked snarl, her blades surging out from their hilts in a lethal flash of amethyst and magma.  Before he could utter even a single word of protest, the iron grip of the Force was drawing him uncomfortably close to the Dark Jedi's blades; before he could finish demanding to know who she was, Thess' weapons were embedded in his body.  One cut into his heart, roasting it to a fine cinder; the other gouged his vocal cords, fusing them into one seared mass of useless matter.  In a violent gesture, she tore the weapons free from him, letting his corpse fall to the deck in a merciless heap.

Another sharp tug pulled at the Surface Marshal, guiding her swiftly into Tycho's sure grasp, and in range of the waiting, loaded carbine.  Standing at the forefront of the group, Thess stood, eyeing the freakish-looking Blood Troopers, her sabers held in a fluid, ready combat stance.  Though she showed the brutish creatures no fear, she was--deep inside--genuinely concerned about what the brutes were, and the threat they posed.  Still, it seemed better to be ready to kill them now, than wait until after more...unsavory introductions were forced upon them.

Lynine Skycken
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Lynine Skycken » 2012-06-30 00:23

Shivering as a completely alien voice spoke in Lynine's head, she glanced at the royal guard for a brief moment before joining the rest of the group as they leveled their weapons ready to open fire as the guard rushed forward to gut the lead individual who looked like a very sickly fellow. Behind him was a large group of large, unarmoured humanoids and surrounded by them was a figure who had to be the target of this whole operation...

During training, holos of the more prominent figures in the NIF were shown to the raw recruits for, as was explained behind closed doors later, it was the top brass that wielded the most power and therefore would cause the most damage if they became corrupt or betrayed the Federation. The only thing that really stood out in Lynine's mind was the number of women who actually held positions of power, a surprise considering all the history of the old Empire, so it wasn't hard to recognize the face of the Army Surface Marshal, Eri Ambicon.

"The Surface Marshal?!?" Lynine exclaimed in surprise as the blonde haired woman was suddenly flying forwards at the group after the guard had mercilessly cut down the man in the front of the group. Still being cloaked, Lynine already had her own carbine raised up and was firing at the large armed goons, green bolts appearing as though out of no where, slamming into one of the point guards who, to her shock and dismay, took the trio of bolts as though she had done little more than throw pebbles at him.

Instinctively taking a step back, her invisible eyes widening, Lynine was glad the others were already falling back quickly as the large humanoids were pointing their own weapons back at them, opening up with a full fusillade of deadly fire. Her invisibility wasn't of much good as the hallway was flooded with bolts that surely would have caught her had she remained in one place. Ducking around a nearby corner hot on the heels of the others, the royal guard giving them the necessary cover by deflecting the various bolts, Lynine couldn't help but ask, "What in the abyss are those things?"

The Surface Marshal, looking both surprised and very much relieved, glanced in the direction she heard the invisible voice, confused for a moment before dismissing it as possibly thinking it was just another mental projection from the guard. "Blood troopers," she began, her green eyes turning down to the carbine that had been thrust into her one good hand, the other one at the end of a broken arm that she treated gingerly, the pain evident on her weary face. "Need at least three or four shots to their heads to drop them..." Her eyes darkened as she added under her breath, "Or a Nightstinger..." Eri had yet to see a being in the galaxy that could withstand the cubic meter vaporizing power of her favored weapon, and, looking at the carbine with some reluctance, she flicked off the safety and followed the others.

The guard was forced back, the well disciplined ranks of blood troopers giving her no quarter. They knew exactly where and how to fire for maximum effect, somehow knowing the best methods to overwhelm her defenses, targeting different points of her body and firing in conjunction with each other, sometimes at the exact same instance, two or even three bolts flying at completely different vectors much harder to swat out of the air than a trio of rapid succession shots.

Turning, Lynine snapped off a few more shots as the guards rounded the corner, not really aiming anywhere save for vectors that wouldn't see the royal guard riddled with friendly fire holes. Great weeping willow... She's not kidding! The others fired back and it was at this point, when a few bolts strayed a little too close for comfort, that Lynine deactivated her cloak, realizing how stupid it was to keep on at this point. Already the blood troopers were clued into the fact that there was an invisible soldier shooting, the green bolts from her carbine unable to benefit from the stealth field as soon as they left the barrel of her blaster.

Moving through the construction zone as quickly as they could, the Surface Marshal found her third burst of energy, an unfathomable joy tugging her forward as she had given up all hope that anyone would come for her at all. She fired a few shots off on her own, but they were few and far between, the twisting motion hurting her bad arm. Her aim was still fairly spot on, though the blood troopers were large enough targets that even a Stormtrooper of the Old Empire would be hard pressed to miss them at this range. "I trust you folks brought a ship with you?"

"Lost it on the way in I'm afraid," Lynine bit her lower lip, raising her carbine up to look down the sights as she fired off a few, more precise, shots. The Surface Marshal looked over at her, partially surprised to see her appear out of thin air so suddenly, a brief moment spent wondering if her eyes were deceiving her or if her eyesight was getting hazy (or selective).

That made Eri's heart sink though not enough for her to stop shooting though only because she was finding a grim joy in butchering the inhuman goons chasing after them. "Great... Please tell me there's a plan B..."

Lynine didn't respond to that, mostly because she suspected they were beyond plan B- not to mention they were probably at plan N, if they did in fact have an Nth plan to fall back on now- so instead she kept firing at the goons, several of her shots striking a heavy hauling droid that was moving a large bucket of excavated rock off somewhere. Her shots did little against its thick armour, a common theme so far in this station to be sure.