All work and no play makes Zeltrons go something something..

Open roleplaying at the Nemesis' lounge. Open scenario locations are not restricted to the lounge.

Moderator: S.T.A.R.S.

Forum rules
Open roleplaying at the Nemesis' lounge.

The Lounge offers a wide variety of foods and drinks from all over the galaxy while looking on the breathtaking view of the stars above the 20-km long arrowhead hull of the Federation's most elite battleship.
Diri Tiberia
Freelancer
Custom Title: Free(lancer) for hire, some conditions apply.
Organizational Unit: Corellian YT-2400, Megaera

All work and no play makes Zeltrons go something something..

Post by Diri Tiberia » 2014-02-13 15:10

"...Everyone who wants the same is welcome in our ranks as a true friend. Together, we stand. Separate, we fall. And we shall never fall."

"Heresh to Empourer Kanesh!" came a slurred cheer, triggering a sudden chorus of voices.

"To Kane!"

Numerous glasses were raised up in the bar at the conclusion of the Emperor of the New Imperial Federation's grand speech as spacers, traders, smugglers, scouts and explorers cheered and toasted the man, their spirits suddenly lifted where not ten minutes before the general mood was one a particular Zeltron questioned being a part of.

"To Kane," Diri raised her glass as well, offering a small smile to maintain appearances. It seemed a lot of the people here either didn't quite hear the part about tyranny or simply didn't care and, in all honesty, Diri wouldn't have cared a whole lot either, if not for a small list of details that were trying to derail her life. Downing the rest of the whiskey without a second thought, she glanced over her shoulder to gaze at the crowd that had since dispersed somewhat from the holocaster, their light hearted conversations now focused around the "rousing words" and "bright future ahead".

The mood was good, the sort of thing she thrived in which was why, when she felt the aloof seriousness suddenly start to squeeze into the atmosphere, she knew the person she was waiting on had arrived. A tall, dark skined human- who was much taller than the even the tallest human she had ever encountered- approached, his black slacks, white shirt and black vest making him look like some novice smuggler trying to do his best impersonation of Han Solo. And yet, I think we were the ones to make that look fashionable years before he was even born.

The man clearly knew who he was looking for, then again, Diri always prided herself on being so easily identifible in a crowded room, pink skin tended to contrast well against the ruddy brows of Wookiees and Bothans, the dull tans of humans, the greens of Rodians, the dusky greys of Duro. The only exception- More like compitition- Diri faced was from Twi'leks, but then it came down to freaky brain tails versus normal hair. Ironically, it was still an even split in her experience as to preference with some people, or it would be if she didn't have her pheromones to help tip the scales in her favor.

She shot him a friendly smile before turning back around to look at the barkeep. As she fished around in her pocket for a few creds to toss down, she could feel Mr. Business approach from behind her. "Lovely weather this time of year," he began, leaning against the counter and waving the barkeep down for a beer.

"Yes," Diri began, hesitating for a moment as she pulled out some credits, counted them and put the correct amount down on the counter, plus a little extra. It always paid to be generous with tips, they were more apt to help out down the road. "I hear the Boson flowers are in bloom on Ithor."

Nodding, the man turned and gestured for her to follow, just as the barkeep set the beer down on the counter. It would seem Diri's tip would be going to good use after all, just not in the way she'd like as she turned and stood up, following the man who was moving with a strong sense of purpose between the crowds of aliens on his way out of the tavern. Jeez, someone's in a hurry. The door opened up to a dirty corridor, the harsh red emergency lights that were replacing the main lights bathing everything in a rather appealing, if harsh, colour.

"Alright, let's get going," the man began, glancing around quickly as though he were expecting trouble.

"You don't waste time do you? Diri muttered, walking past him with a slight scowl on her face.

"Can't. No time. Where's your ship?"

Jeez, straight to business. No time for small talk or nothing. Shrugging, she gestured down the corridor. "Down the way, hanger six. You expectin' company sug?" She glanced at him and he looked back, the expression on his face, combined with the feeling she got from him hinted that he was expecting it, and not the frinedly sort either. "Guess we best get goin' then." Walking casually through the place, no one ran unless there was an emergency and it'd only make them look more suspicious, Diri felt uncomfortable in all the silence. "You got a name sug?"

"Dingo," was all he responded with, his eyes still shifting around as they walked, passing the various corridor urchins sitting against the walls, slouched in their own filth. Most of them were simply poor and hungry, but a few were that and out to improve their lot in life, usually at the tip of a rusty vibroblade. Diri had since learned how to watch out for the ones with malign intent, they were usually nervous or incredibly resentful of something. The harmless ones were usually everything else, from happy and well wishing to sad to angry at their lot in life but the angry ones would sooner spout curses, few ever having the stones to try and opt for violence.

"That your real name, or a cover?" she asked, already knowing the answer but still trying to keep up the small talk as she shifted her path just a bit to avoid a particularly shady looking person who had his back turned to them.

"Cover," he responded casually before adding observently, "You've done this before."

Diri laughed. "No, but I've had enough dealings that I suppose I might as well have." His pace quickened a little though it was a subtle increase, a slight twinge of concern and alertness coming off of him.

"You any good in a fight?" he asked in a low voice.

Blowing air through her nose, Diri hissed back, "The blaster ain't a prop if that's what you're getting at."

"Good, because we're about to have company." Before she could respond any further to that, he spun around and in one fluid motion, drew out a pair of blaster pistols from beneath his overcoat and started firing. The shady guy from before that Diri had worked to avoid was too slow in reacting and was suddenly and mercelessly gunned down. Screams filled the air and people started running away. Emerging from an adjoining corridor, several armoured men of differing species started to emerge, carbines raised. Diri, while not as fast as her dark friend here, was still fast enough to have her own blaster in hand, firing at the hired guns that were appearing as her legs worked to get her moving away from them as fast as she could.

Thankfully they were already near enough the hanger when the shooting started and as they approached, her charge asked, "Which way to your ship?"

"Left," Diri shouted back as she readied her comm to warn Squeaks they were coming in hot. She rushed in and turned left and was about to speak into the comm when the man with her turned right. "No," she yelled at him, "Your other left!"

"I know," he shouted back, pressing on the controls on the other side of the door as more blaster bolts flew in. Diri, activating her comm and shooting back at the same time, spoke to the whistling droid on the other side. "Gonna need the girl hot and ready for a quick lift off."

There was a long drawn out note, sounding like the droid approximation of a sigh.

"Perhaps," she responded back cheerfully, "But you gotta admit, life is a lot more fun this way!" As usual, that got her a nice torrent of nasty sounding buzzes and squaks but she ignored them and instead focused on the mercs still approaching. Suddenly lights started to flash as an alarm went off, warning everyone to remain clear of the blast doors. The man ran back to her and continued past.

"Which one's your ship?"

Diri smirked. "Take a wild guess sug."

He looked back and opened his mouth, probably about to say something along the lines of not having time for games when his eyes spotted the brilliant pink ship in the hanger. "You fly around in that?"

Diri got that a lot, and she wasn't entirely sure why. Sensors did most of the task of tracking ships for targeting purposes anyways. Plus, how was pink any worse than white or light grey? Why not travel in style? "Yeppers! Isn't she a beaut?"

Blaster fire erupted once again from behind, hinting that now was perhaps not the best time to carry out this conversation. Ushering him up the ramp, she said quickly, "Welcome aboard the Megaera. Please strap yourself in, make yourself at home and relax. Today's inflight holo will be the new blockbuster For the Love of Credits."

Still possibly dazed by the color of the ship, Dingo blinked as he was lead to a chair in the small lounge area. "Wait, that's still in the holotheatres," he began as Diri moved past him to the cockpit.

"C'mon Sug," she began, pausing a moment to glance back and shoot him a wink, "You didn't really think I was some upstanding courier did you?" Moving quickly, she slid herself into her plush pilots chair right beside where Squeaks stood, manipulating the controls to initiate take-off. Chirping its usual greeting to her, it relinquished control as Diri took over. "Good to be back, that place was dingy as hell," she sighed in response, a weary smile on her face. "You see the Emperor's address?"

Squeaks rattled off a few notes in a non-committal fashion, the translator on a side panel monitor reading, "Yes. It sounded very deliberate and focused. Not unlike a rallying call."

Diri snorted dispassionately as she maneuvered the ship out of the hanger. "Perhaps, but you wouldn't see people on Zeltros celebrate tyranny like the fools in the bar did." Taking in a deep breath to calm herself, she glanced over her shoulder just to make sure her passenger hadn't decided to eavesdrop on them. "Wanna go check on Dingo?" she asked softly.

Bowing slightly, the best approximation the R3 could do as a nod, it wheeled away out of the cockpit just as Diri started laying in a course. That's odd... she thought as she entered the coordinates, Why would the Feds send me to an empty patch of space? By now, the adrenaline of being shot at was wearing off and the quiet isolation of being in her ship allowed for clearer thoughts to pass through her head. She quickly and easily dismissed it as she gunned the engines to make haste for the exit vector lest the mercs in the station had a few starfighters lying in wait for them. Probably gonna meet a ship there. Duh Diri. Why risk having to pass through some sort of customs ship with this guy aboard?
"Bounty hunter, merc, smuggler, whatever your desire, I'm for hire!" - Underground HoloNetPages Ad
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - Elwood

Diri Tiberia
Freelancer

Re: All work and no play makes Zeltrons go something somethi

Post by Diri Tiberia » 2014-02-13 19:26

"So, what is it you do with the Feds anyways?" Diri asked Dingo who was appraising a fork of noodles for any signs of contaminants. She guessed he was a spook of some sort, a very paranoid one at that, but then again humans also had pretty pathetic livers and immune systems by comparison. "Don't worry sug, I didn’t poison it. I'd like to think I'm a lot more creative than that if I want to kill someone."

"How reassuring," he glanced at her before reluctantly putting the foodstuffs in his mouth. "As for what I do, it's classified."

"Aw, that's no fun," Diri pouted, twirling her fork into her plate of insta-noodles. "What do you have to worry from with little ol' me? I hardly know anyone."

He barked a laugh. "Says the woman who's entire species is dedicated to being more than just social."

That made Diri smile with pride. "That doesn't mean we can't keep secrets. Heck, I think we do a better job of it than you humans do. For starters, you wouldn't begin to believe how fast I can get them spilling their guts with just half-a-bottle of Corellia's finest."

"I actually don't doubt that," Dingo sighed, shaking his head. "But those people haven't had the benefit of going through the same training we get in the Federation."

"Like super secret spy training?" she asked, eyes glittering with excitement.

He sighed again at the way people in his profession were portrayed in popular holos. "Not quite. It's sensationalized from what you've probably seen or heard, and there's a lot more pain involved, a lot of tough physical training."

After taking another bite of food, Diri flexed her arm. She wasn't a scrawny woman but she was also hardly all that muscular. Toned was the word she had heard someone use before and it sounded pretty flattering so she stuck with that. "I'm pretty tough y'know."

It made him smirk, as though wanting to both mock and humor her at the same time. "Yeah, I've no doubt you could probably handle yourself in a fight, but then again, I got into a fight with a Zeltron once." Diri's interest was piqued and he shook his head as he scooped up another helping of food. "Made the mistake you were all a bunch of fun loving, hedonistic sluts who would sooner make peace and have fun rather than fight. Well, I learned that day never stand between you and that fun because you'll literally fight to the death for it."

"Yeppers. We're all bubbly and eager to please, until some smartass thinks we should do something worthwhile with our lives and tries to make us change." Winking, she added, "See, don't you think the galaxy would be a better place if we were ruling it? Imagine if Emperor Kane were a Zeltron! We'd have galactic peace once and for all!"

Dingo shuddered at the horror of such a thought, cramming more food into his mouth to try and choke down the rest of his meal now before he lost all interest in food and ended up starving. Plus, the meal was quite good, better than the crap served aboard the station he had been forced to survive off of the last few months. "Anyways," he said, shifting the subject back a bit, "There's more to it than physical training, there's mental training."

"Like how smart you are?"

"Not quite. Cracking under pressure. Weaknesses in your personality, reasoning and thinking. For instance, someone like you, I feel I could probably distract you pretty easily and get you to do something you might not want to do without you even realizing it."

Diri scoffed. "Yeah right. In case you're studies about my kind have slipped through your mind, I can tell when you're lying or when you have an ulterior motive. We're empathic y'know."

"True, but how would you know I'm lying about something if I was actually telling the truth?"

"Huh?" Diri blinked, finding herself unable to follow what he was saying. He was perfectly calm and aloof as he asked the question. "You mean able to lie convincingly?"

"No," he shook his head, "I want to lie about something, so I tell the truth about it."

"That... that makes no sense!" Diri glanced down at Squeaks who's little photoreceptor was staring intently at Dingo as though struggling to comprehend the logic behind the words as well. "Then you'd be lying."

"So I'm always lying? Am I lying about that?"

Diri returned a blank look, her brain unable to comprehend how that was even possible.

"It's a lot of that, trying to see through the lies, truths, lying truths and truthful lies that you have to have the mental capacity to get through. I'm sure you could do it, but you're probably more used to living a life more on impulse and working in plain sight, not needing to stick to the shadows to root out evil from the heart of the Federation. Not that there's anything wrong with the way you operate, I'm sure it's a lot more fun, and probably more effective at doing certain things than the way I operate."

Though he spoke, Diri was still lost at the question about whether he was always lying or not. "So, you're lying about that then?"

Smirking, he continued eating, not answering her question.

"Hey, not fair! You can't leave me guessing like this! Otherwise I might guess wrong and just as soon think you're really a spy swapped out by a Hutt and I'm about to deliver the wrong person to the Federation!"

He nodded and pointed his fork in her direction. "And that, right there, is the trick."

Now Diri was more confused than ever. So much so, she no longer knew what they had even been talking about before. "What that you're a Hutt spy?"

"No, that you have the intellect to know I'm not."

Looking down at Squeaks, she asked, "Are you getting any of this because I sure as hell aren't." The droid chirped a reply, a series of quick beeps that, at least to her, said he didn't. Turning her gaze back to Dingo, she smiled and said, "Nope, he doesn't get it either. Care to elaborate?"

He just smiled in response, finishing the last of his meal. "I think you've already got it."
"Bounty hunter, merc, smuggler, whatever your desire, I'm for hire!" - Underground HoloNetPages Ad
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - Elwood

Diri Tiberia
Freelancer

Re: All work and no play makes Zeltrons go something somethi

Post by Diri Tiberia » 2014-02-14 03:56

Playing with a length of bright pink thread weaved between her fingers, Diri passed the time amusing herself making patterns with the thread as her ship traveled through hyperspace. Arriving at the target coordinates, Diri checked the sensors and easily picked out the only other lone vessel in the area, an immense Star Destroyer that the Feds were so fond of. Her comm crackled to life, a voice commanding her to follow a set of vectors and that any deviation would be viewed as a breach in their security and they would respond accordingly. A little overkill, but then again, I think they're all about overkill. Leaning back in her chair, she let the autopilot handle the following of the coordinates provided as she turned her head to look and see if Dingo was awake yet. She sensed he was still asleep. "Hey Dingo, we've arrived!" she called out.

She didn't get an immediate response but she could tell he was slowly stirring, whatever pleasant dream he had been experiencing coming to an all to abrupt end. She could use a nap too come to think of it, but that could happen after she dropped the agent off. Pulling into the assigned hanger, Diri eased the ship to the assigned landing spot, spying on the deck the usual stormtrooper welcoming committee forming up to greet her. "At least this time things should go a lot better." She kept the memories of her previous visit aboard a Federation warship firmly out of her mind, though resolved to quickly blot that memory out with a bucket of Corellia's best when this job was done.

The vessel touched down and Diri got to her feet, stuffing the thread into her pocket as she walked out of the cockpit. "Hey, sleepyhead, better get up before your friends go storming in here thinking I've done something to ya." She rounded the corner and nearly walked into Dingo who just emerged from the guest suite. "Oh," she stopped, surprised that he was up so quickly. "Have a good rest I trust?"

He nodded once, still a tad groggy. Leading him to the exit ramp, they were greeted at the bottom of the ramp by a group of Stormtroopers and a single officer who smirked once before nodding suddenly and, like that, one of the stormtroopers smacked Dingo with a stun baton. Diri had sensed something was up but couldn't tell what at the time and as Dingo fell to the floor, she looked at the officer with a horrified look. "What did you do that for?" she demanded as the stormtroopers started dragging the agent away, the others following as escort leaving just her and the clean shaven officer to talk as though they needed the privacy.

"We fear he's been compromised," came the simple reply from the officer who fished around in his pocket. Pulling out a credstick, he handed it to Diri. "One thousand credits, as agreed."

Diri glanced past the officer as Dingo was unceremoniously dragged out of the hanger bay. Snatching up the credits, she pocketed them though somewhat reluctantly. She was about to turn around and board her ship again when a datapad was offered to her. "Your next assignment Miss Tiberia. Same job as before, our agent should be waiting for you at the marked coordinates."

"Is this one 'compromised' too?" she asked, putting some emphasis on her words.

"So long as you give him no reason to suspect anything's wrong, you won't be in any danger." He gave her a skeptical look, as though suspicious of her now, that perhaps she had seen too much. "Look, if you cannot handle this task, we can find someone else to-"

"No, I've got this one," Diri cut the officer off, the fact he was an officer of the Federation be damned. Turning, she reboarded her ship and slumped back into the pilots chair, Squeaks following along diligently and beeping about something. "I don't know why, but I have a really bad taste in my mouth now." Shaking her head, she grasped the controls and lifted the ship off the deck, turning it around and departing back into space. "That ship gave me a really bad vibe."