-Height: 6'-0" / 1.83m
-Weight: 182lbs / 78kg
-Build: Average; Muscular
-Hair: Black; Medium
-Eyes: Blue
-Race: Energy Vampire
-Identifying Marks: none

Personality
Goals- Vali has no goals other than to live forever and enjoy himself while doing it.
Strengths- Aside from the physical advantages of being an Energy Vampire, Vali has great skill in most weaponry, especially melee weapons such as swords and staves. He has also a vast amount of knowledge he has built up over his many years of living. He is charismatic and charming.
Weaknesses- Vali can be overconfident and can have trouble controlling his emotions. He can be dismissive of others, thinking them "young" and naive in comparison to his centuries of experience.
Quirks- Vali tends to mask his true feelings, usually through deflecting.

Relationships:
-Parents: Deceased
-Relatives: None
-Siblings: None
-Friends: None
-Spouse: None

Weapon of Choice: Himself; Whatever is available
-Weapons:
-2 IR-5 Blaster Pistols
-1 DLT-20A Blaster Rifle
-2 Vibro-katanas
-2 Extended Gauntlet Virboblades

Bio: (Bit of a WIP)
No one knows exactly where or when Vali was born, and he likes it that way. The earliest evidence shows that he has been alive for at least 630 years. Very few know this, how it is possible, or if he is even human, but even fewer ask or care. He hasn't affected the galaxy in any significant way, not getting involved in any of the wars or other remarkable historic moments. In fact, until recently he hadn't even been on anyone's mind.

That has all changed within the past decade. The being known as Vali Bezna has been living in the mansion of Lady Tria Varona for over a decade know, and no one knows why. Lady Varona is a fifty-four year old noblewoman on Fengrine, within the Senex Sector. Her family owns several profitable farms around the planet, and while she has no children of her own, she is the matron of House Varona.

No one knows exactly what he did before coming to Fengrine, but sources place him all throughout the galaxy, suggesting he has been traveling around quite a bit. Reports state him as being a bounty hunter, pirate, slaver, bodyguard, thief and many other careers.

Missions
-

Medals
-

Bank

Out of Character Information:
E-mail Address: darkking14@msn.com
Contact Info: E-mail or NIF Chat, usually in there
How did you find out about us?: This is Draaygo
Last edited by Vali Bezna on 2012-01-19 04:30, edited 1 time in total.

Vali Bezna
Recruit

Re: Vali Bezna

Post by Vali Bezna » 2012-01-19 04:29

Name/Type: Vampyr / Crescent Transport
Designer Manufacturer: Hyrotil Corporation
Designation: Light Freighter
Crew: 1
Length: 30 Meters
Speed: 50 MGLT, 900 Kph
Acceleration: 8 MGLT/s
Maneuverability: 62 DPF
Hyperdrive: x2 (x10 Backup)
Shield Rating: 70 SBD
Hull Rating: 30 RU
Weapons: 1 Blaster Cannon
Passengers: 8
Cargo Space: 80 Metric Tons
Last edited by Vali Bezna on 2012-01-19 18:02, edited 1 time in total.

Kallila Tsarati
Traitor
Traitor
Custom Title: Returned
Organizational Unit: Free

Post by Kallila Tsarati » 2012-01-19 08:12

The admins are looking this case over. For now this character is not accepted. We need a few things first:

A: a 1000 word bio, as any force sensitive equivalent would require.

B: a more detailed description of weaknesses and traits. The wikipedia article is super vague. For instance: it does not suggest these beings are immortal, so we need justification for being 600 years old. This is *not* a license to make vampires in SW based on popular culture or mythology.

Go kiss Ace on the cheek. I'd be saying straight up no if he weren't so kind. If you have any questions you know where to find us. Thanks!

Spyker Katarn
Apprentice
Apprentice
Custom Title: IC: RSM, SWC, Army. OOC: Admin, Academy Instr.
Organizational Unit: SPECWARCOM, Omega Order

Post by Spyker Katarn » 2012-01-19 08:32

I would also like to ask about the ship, if I may. The Crescent-class is about 200 KCr for new, and 125 KCr for used as stock. Given the additional armament and shielding above stock, I'd guess it comes in around probably 150-175 KCr for used, with a proportional increase as new. Since you only start a character with 10 KCr, I do hope there's a justification for it.

Other than the ship, my concerns are mostly the same as Mai and Ace's above, plus one thing: when I first read the bio, it strongly struck me as being similar to the Anzati, which we generally restrict to NPCs, for obvious balancing reasons. I would also like to see the weakness/trait list for the character, and second the motion for zero (or exceedingly few, likely only one) traditional vampires (or non-traditional ones; see also: Twilight, Underworld).

We do get that this is still a work in progress, but we would like to see more of the bio before approving the character. Thanks for your understanding.
“I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it.”

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
Custom Title: Fleet Commander, Self-Proclaimed Bartender, Baron
Organizational Unit: Third Fleet, Task Force Conquest, ESD Intimidator

Post by Tavish McFini » 2012-01-19 16:29

Forgive me, but I'm going to try and help play the role of defense in the face of stiff opposition ;) I won't speak out about the character (because I actually agree with what's been said) but with regards to the ship:
Database, Freelancer Section wrote:Privateers are pirates sanctioned by the NIF. They get a frigate-class vessel or smaller to sign up with by default, are not allowed to prey on NIF or NIF-allied shipping, and must turn in their loot for a 50% return, or equal value thereof. Refer to the Pirate's How-To Guide in the Imperial Database for more reading material.
Okay, so one could argue that this character isn't a privateer however, what's to stop someone from claiming to be a privateer then turning around and saying "eh, fudge this life" on day 1 and running away with the ship? Okay, there's logistics to consider and crews generally don't work for free but that's besides the point in this case...

Maybe rules have changed since I last remember but I thought it was generally accepted (and used to be in the rules) that a character was allowed to start with just about any subcap they pleased along with the 10K credit start? If not, how's a person supposed to get any ship at all then? After all, name me a single subcapital ship that can be purchased for 10,000 credits (not counting a made up stock version that's so badly damaged the used speeder salesman is practically trying to give it away ;) ). Upgrades had to be within reason of course, but depending on the bio and the justification, so long as we're not trying to mount a black market cloaking device, I don't think what's being proposed in terms of the ship itself should be shot down just because of cost, especially if people are allowed to start with a frigate which costs millions more (both to own, run and maintain).

EDIT - On a side note, technically the stats of the Crescent Transport haven't been approved as of yet.
- Admiral McFini and Ensign Hales discovered why Executor-class Star Destroyers seldom ram anything.

Kallila Tsarati
Traitor
Traitor
Custom Title: Returned
Organizational Unit: Free

Post by Kallila Tsarati » 2012-01-19 17:15

I'm less concerned about the ship, really. It is important to do the calculations on maintenance cost, and try your best to meet them somehow... but it's expected that a ship captain is going to run over the 10,000 credits. It's just assumed they start in debt. And that's only realistic. Most people don't put cash money down for a car either. It's a fun role-playing experience.

I think the primary concern here is a character with force equivalent powers in the face of a long list of people who want to gain such powers through the usual channels. I've said this a million times around here, but if we start allowing races like this, then everyone is going to start wanting characters like this. As a community we've always been committed to making this stuff relatively rare. I'm probably the hardest ass on the site in this regard... but I usually consult with Ace on this kind of stuff. Ace is willing to work something out here. If we can find something agreeable, then we'll work out the details of the ship. No worries there.

Thanks! ^_^

Vali Bezna
Recruit

Post by Vali Bezna » 2012-01-19 18:41

Okee dokee, answering Mai's questions first:

A: Working on Bio. It will be at least 1000 words. I had no intention of posting with him until it was complete. Also, TBH, I didn't even think of him as being force sensitive. There is only one instance of this species in canon, and while she was a Jedi, I wasn't assuming that all Energy Vamps are FS. But I will make a nice bio anyway.

B: The 600 years old comes from the article on Rajine, which states she was "several hundred centuries old". Several is pretty vague, more than a few but less then many, so I just settled on 600. It's not exactly critical that he be that old, so I can lessen it. As far as weaknesses go, it's the same as any regular species. They aren't invincible or anything. Sure they are stronger and faster than average, but a shot to the heart is still a shot to the heart.

Now for Spyke:
Actually, I meant to post the basic stats. Those are enhanced ones I will be working toward. It has been corrected.

Also, I wasn't aware/don't recall the restriction on Anzati. Ya'll might want to put that in the rules or something, since niether the Manual nor Official Rules state that.

Lastly, I'm a bit surprised, and kinda insulted, about the ruckus over an Energy Vampire. It's not like they have any qualities that other species don't have:

Enhanced Strength: Wookie
Enhanced Speed: Shistavanen
Enhanced Senses: Pretty much any Canine or Feline Species
Regeneration: Several, including Hutt, Gand, and Trandoshan

The only thing that really sets them apart is they have to feed on people by biting them for sustainance. Which is actually kind of a con, since it's kind of hard/tricky to do without getting caught.

Come on people, I've been here Eight years, a bit of trust would be appreciated...

DraaygoRiinuuk
Captain
Captain
Custom Title: FCO of Fourth Fleet
Organizational Unit: Fourth Fleet, DevSD Apocalypse

Post by DraaygoRiinuuk » 2012-01-19 18:54

Oh yeah, and that whole mindless zombie thing... Ew, screw that, that's kinda gross. No intention of ever using that ability... Who the heck wants a rotting corpse following them around?... Pretty nasty...
Open up your eyes and you'll see,
That I'm not perfect,
That's what I'm trying to be,
Cause I know you're worth it.
These new demons are changing me inside,
Changing me inside.
- I See Stars "New Demons"

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Post by Tavish McFini » 2012-01-19 21:06

Vali wrote:Also, I wasn't aware/don't recall the restriction on Anzati. Ya'll might want to put that in the rules or something, since niether the Manual nor Official Rules state that.
He does have a valid point, we should consider taking some time to start pouring through the various races of the SW universe and try to see which ones we should restrict/ban for Player Characters. It's only fair.
Vali wrote:Lastly, I'm a bit surprised, and kinda insulted, about the ruckus over an Energy Vampire. It's not like they have any qualities that other species don't have:

Enhanced Strength: Wookie
Enhanced Speed: Shistavanen
Enhanced Senses: Pretty much any Canine or Feline Species
Regeneration: Several, including Hutt, Gand, and Trandoshan
True, but consider this, those species also have metigating factors ("balance" in gaming terms):

Wookiees - Unable to communicate beyond grunts, growls and moans. They're really tall (it can be a weakness). They're not overly... sociable (ie, low Cha score)

Shistavanen - I never even heard of this species until just now so I'm a poor person to point out weaknesses for them...

Canine/Feline species - Not many of them out there that I know of (I know they exist) so I'll just take a Bothan and the weakness there is obvious, especially now: everyone just about hates them ;)

Hutts - They regenerate? Huh... Well, I don't think I need to point out the problems a Hutt has (always prone- at least in RPG terms, they're massive easy targets, they're about as fast as wheelless mouse droid)

I could even elaborate on other weaknesses for species too:

Zeltrons (c'mon, you had to know I was going to take thsi opportunity didn't you?) - Flighty, sometimes have trouble keeping focus and they don't always use much (if any) foresights as they'd be prone to following their emotions (ie, low Wisdom score)

Zelonsian - Mood is affected by ambient light. Total low-light blindness.

Ewok - Small (that can be seen as a weakness too, just like being too tall). Like Wookiees, unable to communicate other than via cute sounding squeaks and yelps. Prmitive (I wouldn't want to teach them how to use a blaster... except maybe to have them look down the barrel before pulling the trigger :lol: )

Nagai - Frail (low Con score).

Human (or even All-Species) Replica Droids - Expensive to maintain fully. Generally there's some obvious flaws that mark them out as not being human (a member of a particular species) be it lower than normal body temp, mannerisms, the ability to do things *too well*.

Enso - Vulnerability to warm/hot temperatures.

Humans - Too average :lol:

Twi'lek - Very easily manuiplated by the Force ("You weak minded fool, can't you see he's using a Jedi mind trick?" - Jabba the Hutt)

Anyways, I think I've made my point without dredging up old RPG books :D
Vali wrote:Come on people, I've been here Eight years, a bit of trust would be appreciated...
It's not that I don't trust you (I won't speak for the admin staff or anyone else), but the concern is geared more towards people the board can't trust yet. If Jo-blow joins tomorrow and sees you made an energy vampire and makes one, without having set up proper and established traits about it including weaknesses, Jo-blow could effectively godmod his way through a post with that character and if we try cracking down, he would turn around and say something to the effect of "but you can't because this character has x trait so I'm technically not godmoding." It might make things difficult for the admins to enforce rules if suddenly it's viewed that they're changing things just because they don't like this one character which could then be viewed in turn as a bias and before you know it we've got more problems than any of us had bargained for...

Sorry if that comes off as long-winded or even grossly incorrect/poor judgement. I'm only inserting my views (even if I'm not admin, I still feel the need to voice my opinion in a public manner in the off chance others also see things the way I do).
- Admiral McFini and Ensign Hales discovered why Executor-class Star Destroyers seldom ram anything.

DraaygoRiinuuk
Captain
Captain
Custom Title: FCO of Fourth Fleet
Organizational Unit: Fourth Fleet, DevSD Apocalypse

Post by DraaygoRiinuuk » 2012-01-19 21:22

Yeah, I kinda suck at the whole strengths and weaknesses thing, cause to me its kinda subjective. So if anyone wants to help out, I'm all ears.
Open up your eyes and you'll see,
That I'm not perfect,
That's what I'm trying to be,
Cause I know you're worth it.
These new demons are changing me inside,
Changing me inside.
- I See Stars "New Demons"

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Post by Tavish McFini » 2012-01-19 23:17

How about blaster bolts to the face? :lol:

Honestly though, I'm not sure what would make a good weakness. Sure, some of them can be subjective but I do like your line of thinking about needing to feed on people to sustain yourself. Food and supplement pills won't do it, it has to be the energy of people which, as you said, could prove to be quite difficult since no normal being in the galaxy is going to stand idly by and watch while Vali sucks someone of their energies... I think they'd be quick to put a blaster bolt to his face actually ;)

Conversely, that might make for difficult RP with other characters too because people need to eat and while most of us tend to ignore the basics of life (how many people RP going to the 'fresher for example) except in special cases, this is going to be a factor that will predominantly play out in this character's life... Say you're off on a long trip in the middle of the woods and have been there for days with your only companion being... Kane (why only go halfway with this hypothetical situation?) We can easily run into problems but on the same token, we can also run into some very interesting RP...

Just my fifty credits (since I think I've long since passed the 2 cred mark by now). I'll shut up now before I overstay my welcome in this thread >.>

Tycho
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
Custom Title: Alpha Lead
Organizational Unit: SPECWARCOM

Post by Tycho » 2012-01-19 23:31

Energy Vampires don't have to feed on people.

Wookiee says: "They were able to drain beings of energy to feed as well as turning these beings into mindless zombies;"

He could chow on livestock. Or have a supply of special 'pets' onboard his ship. I guess it just goes with whatever he feels a craving for.

A more likely disadvantage would be frequency of meals. How many days can he go without feeding, etc. If he could only go a couple days I'd say that's a significant disadvantage.

amount deposited: 2 cents.

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Post by Tavish McFini » 2012-01-20 03:36

Or how about a steak to the heart?

Medium-Rare.

*dies laughing*

Okay, I'm done now :lol:

TyrAnazazi
Mercenary
Custom Title: Tenno
Organizational Unit: Phoenix Emire-Operation Castor

Post by TyrAnazazi » 2012-01-20 19:06

This needs to be brief, I will help out more after I get done refereeing this weekend.

I kinda found Fini's last two posts rather funny. Anyway, before I start exhibiting Zeltron lack of attention I will get back on topic.

As much as I can see where Mai's and Spyk's concerns are coming from, I disagree to an extent. Due to time, this may be a bit rough sounding. In terms of game-mechanics, energy vampires are not that unbalanced. Yea, they live for exceptionally long periods of time. I can think of a dozen species that would qualify for that as well. Feeding of other living things life-forces isn't that big of a deal. As already mentioned that would create interesting RP dynamics and storytelling. Especially in Fini's "Lost in the Woods" scenario! ;)

From skimming through both articles, I think that the weaknesses are pretty balanced.

1. Can be hacked, shot, etc to death like a human
2. Long life spans are likely to create more psychological and physical strain (Gen'Dai and Anzati for example)
3. Would need to feed regularly, unsure of how often though.
4. Can't regenerate vital organs, aka similar to #1
5. These beings may not be inherently FS (There is no concrete information either way that I can find)
"Fukaba fuke shana wa sunda zo ki no kaze" -Death Poem, Haiku - "Blow if you will, Fall wind...the flowers, have all faded"

Tycho
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
Custom Title: Alpha Lead
Organizational Unit: SPECWARCOM

Post by Tycho » 2012-01-20 19:34

They're still more inherently powerful than most beings, Kurge. Even my force sensitive isn't that powerful and I've been working on him for a while. Fini addressed the issue succinctly: allowing this character would set precedent for any Joe Schmoe who came in and wanted to create a powerful character on par with not just a force sensitive, but an actual force user.

That said, I still think people should be able to create characters they want to. So perhaps a rank limit could be set on certain species, much like is done with Dark Jedi? Just a thought.

Spyker Katarn
Apprentice
Apprentice
Custom Title: IC: RSM, SWC, Army. OOC: Admin, Academy Instr.
Organizational Unit: SPECWARCOM, Omega Order

Post by Spyker Katarn » 2012-01-20 19:39

Okay, to keep this from getting too involved with everyone on the site throwing their two cents in, I'm going to ask that everyone save admin and Draaygo stop posting here. Mai and I have spoken to Draaygo and let him know what we want to see regarding this character before it gets approved. That's it. If you have questions regarding the rules of character creation, or of what species/races you can make characters in, etc., please take it to either the Academy forum, the Feedback forum, or the Warrant Office. Thanks.
“I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it.”