In-Character Information:
Name: Cameron Brax
Homeplanet: Denon

Physical Description
Hair: Short Brown
Eyes: Blue
Height: 6ft
Weight: 200 lbs

Description: Cameron has a commanding physical presence for a fleet officer. He is built like a commando or stormtrooper. He keeps himself in shape through physical activity. Most times he wears his black duty uniform, or his day uniform. He lacks any tattoos, but has a scar on his stomach from a childhood injury that he couldn't get treated with Bacta. The most outstanding feature on Cameron his his jaw. It is chiselled and prominent. While he can be funny and amicable, his facial demeanor is that of a perpetual scowl, especially when he concentrates.

Personality: Cameron has a quiet demeanor, letting his actions speak for him. He struggles with his past and aliens. He sees them for the most part as equals, but the death of his parents at the hands of some glitbiter aliens and being at the Academy on Bastion has made him grow to not trust some species, specifically Rodians. He is a team player who knows that the ship is only as good as the weakest officer. He is fair in dealing with his crew, but expects them to pull their weight and perform their duties.

Primary Position: CO of the Maruader Mk III Class Corvette Osprey
Weapon/Technology of Choice: BlasTech DH-17 Imperial Blaster
Location: C-881 Skirmish Line, Task Force Conquest, NIF 3rd Fleet

Bio: Cameron grew up on the Mid Rim world of Denon. While farther out, it was the hub of it sector and was highly industrialized. It was considered a beautiful planet, second to Coruscant as far as planetwide cities goes. It was in this environment that Cameron was raised. His parents were shops owners who struggled to make ends meet. Growing up, Cameron didn’t know that most kids didn’t spend them time in a store playing in the back office and helping his mom clean up around the shop when it closed. He also thought that everyone was surrounded by aliens and it didn’t bug him.

All of that changed when he was only 10 years old. One night, as the shop was about to close, a handful of glitbiters came into the shop and robbed his mom. His dad grabbed his blaster and ran to the front to stop them. Blaster shots were exchanged and when the smoked had cleared, his parents and three of the glitbiters were dead. The other two ran out the door. Since then, Cameron has always hated aliens, especially Rodians (one of the dead glitbiters was a Rodian). Then he was taken in by his uncle, who has Imperialist loyalties. For the next 6 years, he was raised by his uncle and learned about the New Imperial Federation. His uncle spoke of the glory and order of the Imperials. Cameron daydreamed about commanding one of their ships when he was old enough. He grew to see aliens and humans living together as chaos, preferring that each species lived with their own kind. He didn’t hate all aliens, most were friendly and nice, but he thought that when they all lived together, their differences undermined all the good they could do.

When he was of age, he applied for the Imperial Military Academy and was accepted. It was the last that he saw of his uncle, as he was shipped off to Bastion for training. Before he could graduate, his uncle died, leaving him alone.

Cameron instead made the Empire his family and became immensely loyal to the Federation and its policies. T he only thing that gave him pause was when he saw how prejudice some of his fellow cadets were with aliens. It went way beyond what he thought was right and most times it was violent.

Still, he knew that there would be things that he didn’t like, so he distant himself from those individuals.

Graduating, he was selected to command a Marauder Mk III Corvette named the Templar. At the young age of 26, he was commanding a surplus corvette that was brought out of the reserve fleet.

Out of Character Information:
E-mail Address: CBlissard@yahoo.com
Contact Info: MSN Messenger
How did you find out about us?: Top 100 Star War Sites Search Engine
Last edited by Cameron Brax on 2011-11-18 20:08, edited 2 times in total.
Ensign Cameron Brax
Commanding Officer - Osprey
Skirmish Line C-881
Task Force Conquest
NIF 3rd Fleet

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
Custom Title: Fleet Commander, Self-Proclaimed Bartender, Baron
Organizational Unit: Third Fleet, Task Force Conquest, ESD Intimidator

Re: Cameron Brax

Post by Tavish McFini » 2011-11-17 23:11

Welcome to the NIF!

We're always happy to have new members. If you haven't already, I recommend reading the member manual or even the rest of the database there as it does have a nice wealth of information, especially ship information for naval officers to use.

Look forward to RPing with ya! :D
Cameron Brax wrote:How did you find out about us?: Top 100 Star War Sites Search Engine
They have one of those? And we ranked somewhere in the top 100? NOICE!
- Admiral McFini and Ensign Hales discovered why Executor-class Star Destroyers seldom ram anything.

Cameron Brax
Ensign
Ensign
Custom Title: Ensign, CO of Osprey
Organizational Unit: Skirmish Line C881, Conquest Task Force, 3rd Fleet

Post by Cameron Brax » 2011-11-17 23:54

Read through alot of it. Love the concept of everyone being on the same side. Probably cuts down on arguements of who won which battle and such. I'll finish reading through it and start to post. Just need to know if my ship needs to be approved or if I can just run with it.
Ensign Cameron Brax
Skirmish Line C-881
Task Force Conquest
NIF 3rd Fleet

Spyker Katarn
Apprentice
Apprentice
Custom Title: IC: RSM, SWC, Army. OOC: Admin, Academy Instr.
Organizational Unit: SPECWARCOM, Omega Order

Post by Spyker Katarn » 2011-11-18 01:11

We don't currently have a Marauder named the Templar, but we could possibly get one for you (there's a bunch in Second Fleet's 804 Skirmish Line that are unnamed) if you would like, or you can pick one of the others in Second or Third (Second Fleet CO is Devan Kronos, and you've already met Tavish McFini, the CO of Third).

Fini already mentioned the Member Manual, so I would suggest taking a look at the Rules as well. If you have any questions, feel free to ask any of the other members, or hop in the Chat and say hello. Good luck with the RP, and again, welcome to the NIF.

Spyker
“I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it.”

Cameron Brax
Ensign
Ensign
Custom Title: Ensign, CO of Osprey
Organizational Unit: Skirmish Line C881, Conquest Task Force, 3rd Fleet

Post by Cameron Brax » 2011-11-18 01:31

Thanks Spyker. Being new, I didn't know if those ships were spoken for and didn't want to step on anyone's toes. I've changed it to the Ospey in Skirmish Line C-881 in Task Force Conquest in the 3rd Fleet. Hopefully Tavish won't use me as target practice.
Ensign Cameron Brax
Skirmish Line C-881
Task Force Conquest
NIF 3rd Fleet

Spyker Katarn
Apprentice
Apprentice
Custom Title: IC: RSM, SWC, Army. OOC: Admin, Academy Instr.
Organizational Unit: SPECWARCOM, Omega Order

Post by Spyker Katarn » 2011-11-18 01:57

Target practice? Probably not, but you might be a nice meatshield ;)
“I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it.”

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
Custom Title: Fleet Commander, Self-Proclaimed Bartender, Baron
Organizational Unit: Third Fleet, Task Force Conquest, ESD Intimidator

Post by Tavish McFini » 2011-11-18 02:56

I was thinking more sacrificial lamb as I discovered the only thing better than ramming things with the Intimidator is ramming things with the Intimidator after ordering all the other ships in Third to ram the aforementioned thing first! :D
- Admiral McFini and Ensign Hales discovered why Executor-class Star Destroyers seldom ram anything.

Tycho
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
Custom Title: Alpha Lead
Organizational Unit: SPECWARCOM

Post by Tycho » 2011-11-18 07:25

Welcome to the site Cameron! And you might be used as target practice intentionally or not, Third seems to take a beating with every engagement. At least you didn't go into the Fourth (*cough* Junkyard Fleet *cough*) Glad to see my work in the public relations sector has garnered the attention of at least one person! ;)

And Fini, I'd like to use this opportunity to direct yours and everyone else's attention to the Propaganda bureau where I had previously posted an unnoticed blurb about putting the NIF up on the Top 100.

viewtopic.php?f=55&p=15685#p15685

Dravius Stari
Marshal
Marshal
Custom Title: Director of Imperial Space Force Operations

Post by Dravius Stari » 2011-11-18 15:13

Welcome aboard. If you have any questions, you'll find nothing but old hands and keen helpers.

Otherwise, I look forward to seeing you around. And just remember if you need a safe place, we can rescue you from Tavish in 4th fleet or Second Fleet ;)

On a different note, well done Tycho!