Memories

This forum is open to any topic of discussion, including ads (but not spam).

Moderator: Academy Instructor

jacenwesiri
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander
Custom Title: Sith Sorcerer, Supreme Commander, something else

Memories

Post by jacenwesiri » 2015-08-30 07:51

It's been what? About ten years since we officially left EZBoard. Actually, we left EZBoard in the late spring, and had one of several "temporary" boards until the first "permanent" board was finished later in the fall. At least that's how I'd prefer to remember it. :D

It feels odd to think of it like that. It's probably a sign that I'm probably getting old reminiscing about something that happened ten years ago. And to think that I'm still not as old as Ace was back then. :lol: Admittedly, I'm getting close.
"Don't worry guys, it's cool. We've got this, I'm Master Yi!" -- a questionable Yi player, who ended the game 2-16. We lost.

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
Custom Title: Fleet Commander, Self-Proclaimed Bartender, Baron
Organizational Unit: Third Fleet, Task Force Conquest, ESD Intimidator

Re: Memories

Post by Tavish McFini » 2015-09-20 04:30

*waves cane about* You whippersnappers don't recall how hard things were back in the day. Why, back when I was but a Fleet Admiral, we had to travel with but x10 hyperdrives to battle, both ways!

... Yeah, just doesn't have the same effect as saying "uphill, both ways". Ah well!

Those are some good memories though! Speaking of which, I think back when I first joined, I had yet to see Ep. I despite it having been out for some time. Then it took me forever to see Eps II and III. Not that I missed much, but with Ep. VII, I will see it, if not opening night, very close therein!!!

Also, you know Disney is hell bent on recouping their investment when I'm seeing Star Wars short-stories, packaged as hardcover novels, on sale, in drug stores and WalMart... Man, I never thought I'd see the day. Then there's Lego, pumping out more kits than I could begin to know what to do with. And don't get me started on Fantasy Flight Games. But the sad part of it all... No developers are jumping on the remake-X-Wing-or-TIE-Fighter bandwagon!!! We need a new space flight combat sim game, and no, EA's Star Wars Battlefront does not count!!! That's like saying the latest SimCity is a continuation of the SimCity series. Failing that, I'd love a Star Wars capital ship-esque game, something like Homeworld or something, only with ground and space battles.

But- as usual- I digress. Thanks for making me feel old Jace!!! :D
- Admiral McFini and Ensign Hales discovered why Executor-class Star Destroyers seldom ram anything.

jacenwesiri
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander
Custom Title: Sith Sorcerer, Supreme Commander, something else

Re: Memories

Post by jacenwesiri » 2015-10-04 07:27

Fleet Admiral? How about when Ace made you a High Admiral to test if it was only high ranks that that were afflicted with excessive lag. I seem to recall you had that post bookmarked.

And yeah, anytime. It's amazing how I'm not even 30 yet, and I guess I feel like I must be 60. :D
"Don't worry guys, it's cool. We've got this, I'm Master Yi!" -- a questionable Yi player, who ended the game 2-16. We lost.