LOA Announcements

This forum is open to any topic of discussion, including ads (but not spam).

Moderator: Academy Instructor

Syren
Master
Master
Custom Title: The True Empress of the N.I.F

Re: LOA Announcements

Post by Syren » 2014-07-30 18:49

Yay, Drav is back! Oh, I owe you a post :)

~ Diplomacy is the art of letting someone have your way ~

J.M. Eekhoff Photography & Design | MJ Eekhoff

Jericho Winters
Sergeant
Sergeant
Organizational Unit: 4th fleet , 4th army

Post by Jericho Winters » 2014-08-11 11:49

I'm not dead just very busy this summer with extra work. I should be back to posting normally around the last week of august. My apologies if i've held up anything. Also as a note to spyker/drav any dj ,dt, rg, or fs can join that training thread to work on their skills. Ill help anyone who needs it with a blank there.

Good to see ppl around :)
"I have found there are very few problems in this lifetime which can't be
solved with the proper applications of high explosives." - Burn Notice

Syren
Master
Master
Custom Title: The True Empress of the N.I.F

Post by Syren » 2014-08-12 14:51

Though I normally check in a few times during the week, I just wanted to post that it'll be a while before I do that again or before I even think of any of the posts I owe people. My brother passed away unexpectedly this past week and truthfully, I'm not dealing with it all that well. Going take some time for myself and I'll return eventually.

~ Diplomacy is the art of letting someone have your way ~

J.M. Eekhoff Photography & Design | MJ Eekhoff

Spyker Katarn
Apprentice
Apprentice
Custom Title: IC: RSM, SWC, Army. OOC: Admin, Academy Instr.
Organizational Unit: SPECWARCOM, Omega Order

Post by Spyker Katarn » 2014-09-01 02:37

Take all the time you need, Sy. If you need anything at all, let us know.

In other news, I still live, though I don't get here nearly as often as I'd like. Work is still burning me out since we're chronically shorthanded, but I still check PMs and things once a week or so, even if I don't reply. Hope everyone is doing well.
“I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it.”

Nelen Cain
Ensign
Ensign
Custom Title: Tactical Commander
Organizational Unit: [3rd Fleet][TF Conquest][C-66 Carrier Squadron]

Post by Nelen Cain » 2014-09-18 20:23

Still alive there. Damn, I lost HDD in my computer and lost site...and find it again! :)
Account balance: 69,420 IC
Ship's quotation: 'Without heroes, we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go.'

Kurge
Freelancer
Custom Title: Employee of Luciana Endivain
Organizational Unit: SIN

Post by Kurge » 2014-10-03 00:42

I am still alive and around! I will do my best to post when I can. ^_^ Miss you all!

Xanis Sorannan
Vice-Admiral
Vice-Admiral
Custom Title: Third Fleet Executive Officer
Organizational Unit: NIF Third Fleet - NSD Lusankya

Post by Xanis Sorannan » 2015-01-19 14:34

...tada!

I'm alive. I promise. And no, you're not dreaming, though I'm sure at least somebody wishes they were.

John Lauri
Recruit
Custom Title: Scoundrel

Post by John Lauri » 2015-01-19 14:36

XANIS!

I had to double take yesterday when I saw your post in ICE. Welcome back.

How've you been?

This is Chaz, btw.

Xanis Sorannan
Vice-Admiral
Vice-Admiral

Post by Xanis Sorannan » 2015-01-19 16:07

I've been...very busy, haha.

I got my BA from Pepperdine in April, and I'm currently working on an MA with Johns Hopkins SAIS at their Italy campus, but after spending one semester of that to get everything figured out and see how time management works, I think I've got the ability to get more involved again (finally).

My hope is that everyone else isn't totally absent, and that my return can hopefully help breathe some life back into the place.

John Lauri
Recruit
Custom Title: Scoundrel

Post by John Lauri » 2015-01-19 16:20

Doctor Xanis?

I just resumed posting about a week ago myself. I know Jericho's here, Jacen pops in and out, as well as Ace and Spyker. Not sure about any of the others though.

Abraxes Rancor
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander
Organizational Unit: Executive Officer of TFJ, Fourth Fleet.

Post by Abraxes Rancor » 2015-01-20 02:37

Hey there... Welcome back. Can I interest you inhaving tiberious undergo some evilly harsh training with some ppl as both a trainer and to help himself out? :)

Or give one of my character's some time with your royal guard?

Xanis Sorannan
Vice-Admiral
Vice-Admiral

Post by Xanis Sorannan » 2015-01-20 16:23

Haha, not an MD. I may eventually get a Ph.D but that's not for a bit longer down the line. I'm getting a Master of Arts in International Relations and International Economics at the moment with the hope of working in the foreign policy world.

As for training? Sure. I can either use Saarael or Ansgar, whichever you'd prefer. I have some story ideas in mind for Saarael in ISIS and for Ansgar with building the Guard into a more developed organization on the site.

Abraxes Rancor
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Abraxes Rancor » 2015-01-20 23:21

Well, there has been some worldbuilding in regards to the Royal Guards, as well as the Darktroopers and Inquisitors.

Basically speaking; (if you notice a few changes in the army page) The best of the darktroopers may be promoted to a royal guard, the best of a royal guard may switch to become an Inquisitor (at high ranks) and at any time the strongest of all three may be promoted and inducted into the Omega Order.

Also, there has been a bit of a lessening on restricting things for force users in each branch, though it's on a case by case basis for any dathomiri witches, fallanasis, matukai, or assorted other force users.

The caveat is they just haven't joined the "triple O" **YET**

I also shot some ideas around with the old club in the form of admiral matt , and basically figured out that darktroopers, royal guards, and Inquisitors would be trained in ye olde 'off limits' section of the Nemesis. Sorta a living force battery for the dark jedi back then so I recoined it into a training thread idea (ie worldbuilding) and called it colloquially the Nexus. A place deep in the nemesis where various programs exist to train so called 'lesser' force sensitives, also a bit more cutthroat as people have to *earn* further training.

Also, A royal guard, could go through all the training programs (force wise) that a dark trooper does. (An inquisitor or ISIS high up found to be force sensitive could be ushered through a few such programs)

Since I'm presently undergoing shifting two of my characters, one as a victory dark trooper, and one working towards the Royal Guard (Moira) I'd like to ensure that the training aspects are available towards others. I know Rann picked up on a post in that thread, but he went MIA on me :(.

As for other worldbuilding on the Royal Guards: Ace fleshed out some things as well.
1. Order of seniority goes ISP > Shadow Guards > Regular Royal Guards.
2. Royal Guards have their own intelligence service including some areas where they use psychometry, etc (played out by fini at one point )
3. Various royal guard 'levels' might be specialized to do some things, but an ISP would have spent some time doing various high risk missions in the 'lesser' branches of the royal guards.

Other than that, I'm interested in your ideas, I'd just want to ensure they'd include the worldbuilding already present. My idea was to include your RG, or Saereel as using the setting of the Nexus for a few extra threads :) Or if we worked it out- doing a bit of a cameo in the main training thread I'm working my characters through.

There's a few blanks I got approved beforehand there as well. :) But details could be better discussed in a pm.

Xanis Sorannan
Vice-Admiral
Vice-Admiral

Post by Xanis Sorannan » 2015-01-22 01:31

Well, some of that is brand new to me (the progression of DT to RG to inquisitor, as well as the training location on Nemesis and the general changes to force users) but most of the rest fits within the world-building I have already done. (Whether through intentionally conforming to a plan I sent around to a few people a few years ago or through coincidentally having the same good ideas makes no difference to me.)

I'm in Germany for a few days (and as such without my computer), but when I get back to Italy this weekend I'll send you a copy of the document I sent around a few years ago and we can bounce around some ideas, since it'd be great to have some more Guard members. ;)

Abraxes Rancor
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Abraxes Rancor » 2015-01-22 01:39

The whole Inquisitor thing was really just going back to the old empire era when shadow guards were sent to support Inquisitorial hunts for jedi. If you got enough on the job experience, then there's always a chance to make that your main job. :)

Sure, pm's sound fine. As for the training ground the 'off limits' section of the Nemesis has been referenced for a long , long time. A place where the Royal Guards rarely allowed anyone to go. Just never fleshed out save by Ace, as he's probably got his throne room on the top level :p

With a giant force battery of trainees many floors below for him to tap into when he wants. He's the Emperor, he gets perks like that. I'm all for putting our heads together, I know Draaygo has a RG if he gets back sometime too. Other then that, have fun in Germany :).

Jericho Winters
Sergeant
Sergeant
Organizational Unit: 4th fleet , 4th army

Post by Jericho Winters » 2015-03-18 15:03

Should have posted here awhile ago. Posting will be slow due to walking pneumonia. If I owe anyone something just pm me.
"I have found there are very few problems in this lifetime which can't be
solved with the proper applications of high explosives." - Burn Notice

Abraxes Rancor
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Abraxes Rancor » 2015-04-19 20:21

My health is picking up as well as my muse. I should be back in the swing of things soon for cm , training and lounge threads(looking at jacen and others here) and sms. Sorry for any delays.