Once Upon a Time~

This forum is open to any topic of discussion, including ads (but not spam).

Moderator: Academy Instructor

Laurel WinteShrine
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Custom Title: Mermaid Mercurius
Organizational Unit: Presentable, Third Fleet

Once Upon a Time~

Post by Laurel WinteShrine » 2016-12-18 11:23

There was a girl who found a world, by chance, by happening upon a random IRC chat completely at random.

As time grew, the girl grew to learn of this world and it's people, piece by piece, and grew to love them as time went on. This world and their people gave her compassion and confidence and she knew that she loved them as well.

Once, the girl fell into a dark place and felt like there was no reason to go on.

And when this time came, you all saved my life.

Now, years later, I still love and think fondly of all of you. Time has separated us a bit, but I know that I have called you the pieces of my heart and I still stand to that. Once upon a time, I believed that a heart was to be guarded and kept safe against others; now you, shards of my heart, I hold to the sun and know that your love reflects down upon me and I could never thank you enough for it.

I love seeing you all on your adventures and forging forward into greater and more beautiful things. NIF had us united and in a big regard, here we all still stand together.

I thank you for in helping to become the woman who is happy and feels loved and misses you, but knows that we are pieces of the same world, though life sometimes separates us.

Have a wonderful holiday everyone. May the Force be With You, Always. For the Glory of Emperor Kane!

Love, Eternally,

Laurel
{One should never confuse duty for loyalty. One either purposefully serves, or serves a purpose.}

p r o f i l e

Abraxes Rancor
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander
Organizational Unit: Executive Officer of TFJ, Fourth Fleet.

Re: Once Upon a Time~

Post by Abraxes Rancor » 2016-12-19 19:56

Good to see you around Laurel.

I am glad things in life are improving and wish you the best for the holidays.

Hmm...

To continue this theme.

Once Upon a time I messed up big here due to having an issue with others when my anxiety wouldn't let me have a conversation. Skip ahead a year and some doctoral visits and they found out the reason I was so out of sync was a chemical imbalance due to the onset of uncontrolled Diabetes mellitus. (a week or so more I would have been having pancreatic failure)

Once discovered- after a hospital visit for six weeks, I came back trying to set things right- been trying ever since and I am glad the community still is around.

I wish everyone a Happy holidays.

Hopefully the new year sees some activity.

Sincerely,
Abraxes

P.S. may Emperor Kane's clone win and reign supreme!

Kane
Emperor
Emperor
Custom Title: Sith Apprentice
Organizational Unit: First Fleet NIFSS Nemesis

Post by Kane » 2017-01-01 15:04

Happy New Year, Laurel. In fact, Happy New Year to all of you from all of me.

Yes, I did see your PM but I've been busy over the holidays, as you might imagine.

Edit: a few additions. We're generally health and well, and my youngest daughter is now 14 (how time flies). She sings in a choir among things and is on Youtube, interested parties may PM for details. I was just (4/1) called by what you might call a long-lost uncle. He's interested in getting back with family members from back in the days, and a few checkups reveals that he's recently retired from four company boards. He's also got a son on 12 company boards. I think I'll ask him about any openings once we can arrange the annual gathering.

I hope you all are well, wherever you are. I'd still like to do something with the NIF, obviously. Haven't gotten around to watch Rogue One yet, but I'm going to.

Phoenix Empire
Recruit
Organizational Unit: Phoenix Empire-New Eden

Post by Phoenix Empire » 2017-01-11 02:54

Happy New Year to all my dear friends that I have had so many years of wonderful adventures! Also I raise a toast to many future adventures! Glory to Emperor Kane

Syren
Master
Master
Custom Title: The True Empress of the N.I.F

Post by Syren » 2017-02-05 20:50

I think of everyone here and the NIF often and it's always with a smile and a chuckle or two. Life has been both up and down, but in general its been good. Hope all here are doing well!

~ Diplomacy is the art of letting someone have your way ~

J.M. Eekhoff Photography & Design | MJ Eekhoff

Kurge
Freelancer
Custom Title: Employee of Luciana Endivain
Organizational Unit: SIN

Post by Kurge » 2017-03-19 03:53

Hello you all! I think of you all quite often. I fondly remember the days we all were able to spend countless hours hanging around together. I always smile and laugh when I read old posts, threads and random discussions.

I know i am not the only one that has a lot change in life. I am married now and have an extremely wonderful marriage with my best friend. I am sure that you all have all had similar big life-changes. I just want to say that it has meant a lot to me to be a part of what we have, had and will be here. Fly safe and may the Force be with you all!

jacenwesiri
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander
Custom Title: Sith Sorcerer, Supreme Commander, something else

Post by jacenwesiri » 2017-05-29 04:15

Laurel, I'm glad you are doing well. Doing my best not to make it sound like a sappy romance, I enjoyed the time we spent here together, as a friend of course.

Really, I have fond memories of almost everyone I've encountered here, a few less so. Heck, I could barely recall the name of he who shall not be named, but I guess it's for the best that I don't really remember much about him anyways. It's kinda bad, because I was trying to list out the names of the people I remember doing stuff with here, and knowing that there's a few gaping wholes from my memories here. I can barely recall much of anything about say Deth Spektre or Robert Jackson, or even Jake Hagel for that matter. Deacon isn't far behind. I was reading through some older stuff today, and before I read it, I doubt I would have been able to name Aren Danid. Still, there's a few people like TH who it seems I can remember so easily, even though it's been a very long time. Funny in a way. And yeah, unless you hadn't guessed, I've recently had a spell of nostalgia, for the good old days. Those were some good times.
"Don't worry guys, it's cool. We've got this, I'm Master Yi!" -- a questionable Yi player, who ended the game 2-16. We lost.

Phoenix Empire
Recruit
Organizational Unit: Phoenix Empire-New Eden

Post by Phoenix Empire » 2017-07-19 16:24

OOC: I should be doing some actual work but screw it.

There was a young boy once that felt often left out of things
His interests were different than those around him; they mocked him for his differences
Yet one day, he came across a group of people that could tell amazing stories about the same things

He watched quietly for a long time determining how and if he should step out of the shadows
On an urge, he stepped from the shadows to join the game and so doing found some things
A community that this boy fit into and accepted him totally
A place to tell stories that he wanted to share with others and the world

Over time, this boy had many things that cast shadows
Yet these people were always there and knowingly or unknowingly helped him through it all

This boy grow into a man and one that wouldn't be as full of life, love and energy without the family he found by accident that day.
Now this man has a beautiful wife that shares his dreams and the stories on his mind and heart.
I often think of you all and wonder how everyone is doing. I think and read over the stories we have written. It never ceases to amaze me how fortunate it was to of met you all and spent the time with you. Regardless of where I am and how life is. This place (on the interwebs) is the one that I feel the closest to. I still keep writing though I haven't posted much lately. And the stories and ideas on my mind are in this universe we created here.

Fly safe! Force be with you all O7

Kane
Emperor
Emperor
Custom Title: Sith Apprentice
Organizational Unit: First Fleet NIFSS Nemesis

Post by Kane » 2017-08-05 08:52

There was once upon a time a young man who was curious and creative and so became a fan of many things, including science fiction, and had read about the technology of Star Wars even before he was old enough to watch the first, original film. As he grew up, he was enticed by this universe which was large and diverse enough to tell any story; it had technology, it had magic, but most of all, it had character.

The young man stumbled upon a geocities site in the dark annals of Internet history. It was humble in origin, but the man recognized it had a vision of grandeur; one that was different and full of infinite possibilities. He thought he did not have time to dedicate all the work it would take to bring it along this road, but the vision did not leave him alone. He had to see it realized, bear the seed to fruit. Carefully he chose among the many characters he could be, and while it could be seen as too ambitious - or headstrong and cheesy - to join the ranks of the Dark Jedi, it was ultimately the road with the most potential, and potential was what he wanted to see through.

He made unexpected friends with unexpected quirks, explored stories and new worlds. Both due to his infinite curiosity and to lead the way. Of many roads explored, some were successful. He learned. He grew. With him, the vision started to become true. He could not have done it alone, but he was able to lead the way because he had passion. It became something more; a circle. One of unexpected friends as varied as they were numbered, and the road was not always easy to travel. But passion became dedication, and the road was still traveled. The seed had born fruit; it was small but it was precious, and the man - no longer young - thrived in that others could see finally see the flower bloom as he had envisioned it.

The circle remains unbroken, even if it never comes to a close. Because what once was, always was. It is better to have listened to the string that broke, than to never have strained a bow.